Extracting codeine from cough syrup

Discussion in 'General' started by eCENTRIC, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Well I got like 3 bottles of codeine cough syrup and its 10mg of codeine phosphate, 30mg of p.ephedrine and 100mg of guiafenisen per 5ml teaspoon.

I'm just going to throw them away unless there is a simple tech for extracting shit from syrup. I find codeine a fairly shitty drug to begin with and a long extraction process will just make it worse. But since I already have it, is there any easy way to extract it?

Guiafenisen is pretty soluble in warm water, pseudoephedrine is freely soluble in water, hot or cold, and codeine is pretty soluble in warm and cold however more-so in cold. I have no idea if this is even possible without other chemicals and considering the chemical I'm trying to get I don't think it'll be worth it. Thanks for any help you may or may not be able to give me.

2. well lets see idk about codine
    but with hyrdos the cold water extraction absorbs the good shit and leaves the aceptamine.....idk what ud do with this

3. Uh yeah... I already went over water solubilities it's just the fact that it's in syrup form that makes me wonder whats going to happen.