Most influential and moving pictures of all time...

Discussion in 'General' started by fvaambush, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Other than the image fax posted, there is no image more influential than this one....

Taken from the Apollo 11 mission:

[​IMG]

2. Its the battleship missourri.
    [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

First painting of Buddha sharing his knowledge to his disciples.

[​IMG]

4. It meant the Irish were pretty much considered to be worse than black people, they weren't "truly white" so they weren't getting hired for anything besides body movers..

YUP! That was the whole point I was trying to make in that other thread, where's the one guy who didn't get it? That picture might help :p

And Fvaam, about your friend man, I'm so sorry :( My cousin is getting deployed for his 4th time, they want him back in Kuwait or Baghdad. It's fucking devastating, I have so many people I know over there.. ug.. I feel it man .

I'm so sorry for him :(

And whoever posted the dude jumping out of the WTC, those are the worst pictures for me, I can't even imagine having to feel THAT desperate, although I suppose they didn't really feel anything, it would have been a very quick death when they hit below...

5. And whoever posted the dude jumping out of the WTC, those are the worst pictures for me, I can't even imagine having to feel THAT desperate, although I suppose they didn't really feel anything, it would have been a very quick death when they hit below...
    __________________[​IMG]

Can you imagine tho the thoughts running though those poor fuckers minds. that to me would be worse than the death itself, i just cant even fathom it............peace

6. [​IMG]

I think we know what this is..

7. I love Banksy's take on this picture...

And that picture of the brothers hugging and then the brother saying goodbye hit me hard. Extremely powerful pair of pictures you have there.

Attached Files:

8. All i know is this thread just put things back in perspective for me. I've forgotten about my family in Iraq, I've forgotten the sacrfices people make so i can stay here and go to college get an education and have the right to say fuck the war. The boy hugging his brother by and then kissing his casket just made me break out crying. I just hope my family stays safe overseas. +rep man

9. Yeah I figured you would find it interesting, and the brothers hugging and saying bye were two pictures I found on a different forum, I don't know either of them, but I saved them because of how powerful they were, probably the saddest thing I've seen in a while :(

10. I'm bumping this thread after watching American History X for the 3rd time this week since I bought it on Wednesday. I really believe that not enough of the members in this city actually took the time to read these posts and view these pictures.

11. Wow...I'm speachless.

Those pictures of the brothers hit me hard. My brother is going to Baghdad soon, wow that hit me hard.

Seeing the pictures of the Holocaust just make me so pissed off. Those fucking bastards. I'd kill 'em with my own fucking hands if I was around back then. Fuck em all.

Great thread. Thanks OP.

12. Yeah I got a step brother being deployed as well

13. anyone notice that the majority of the pictures showed death and oppression?

14. And I think Fvaambush made it that way so its more of a remembrance of the past and how we never want the world to be that way again.

15. Here are shooters pics so lazy people can see em:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. everyone should watch this, it's from the imax movie cosmic voyage

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RHkOQFF5ewk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RHkOQFF5ewk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

17. That's so sad :( I'm sure that puppy got mad depressed..

18. Conrad Schumann, an officer guarding the Berlin Wall defects to West Germany
    [​IMG]

This photograph of the girl with the piercing eyes was taken by National Geographic at an Afghan refugee camp in 1984. It's the magazine's most famous cover photo.
    [​IMG]

Self explanatory:
    [​IMG]

John F. Kennedy Jr. saluting as his father's casket goes by
    [​IMG]