Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Formaldehyde = PCP?

• Please log in to reply

Lokix

Lokix

Homemade Bong Maker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 359 posts
I was browsing some site the other day and it said that dipping a joint in formaldehyde is the exact same as lacing it with PCP. Is that true? I tried looking up the site but I couldn't find it again, also not finding anything to corraborate, but also not finding anything that says that is untrue.

Infurion

Infurion

Infurion

• Registered Upgraded
  • 186 posts
It's not true.
  • Lokix likes this

Scapris

Scapris

whatever tomorrow brings

• Gold Member
  • 1,590 posts

Lokix

Lokix

Homemade Bong Maker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 359 posts
People DO dip joints into formaldehyde and smoke it, I'm just wondering if it's the same thing.

Horus XCIII

Horus XCIII

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,287 posts
Yeah it's BS but a lot of people do that. They're morons, it doesn't make you high, it just gives you cancer. It's because the slang-term for PCP is "embalming fluid" and dumbass high school kids started thinking the two were synonymous.

Tuk2

Tuk2

SillyRabbitTrichsAre4kids

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,748 posts
so pcp is embalming fluid, but embalming fluid isnt pcp?

YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude

LifeLoveStress&Setbacks

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,573 posts
lmfao

omg

dude u believe whatever u want i know what im talking about

its called smoking wet

look it up

Elk

Elk

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
No no no, you have it all wrong. Embalming fluid is another name for PCP. Most people hear this and think that they're talking about Formaldehyde, but really they aren't.

Lots of people have fucked up their lungs that way, especially around here.

ziggyrunnah

ziggyrunnah

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
"In most instances PCP is not mentioned when the substance is sold or discussed. In fact, there are constantly re-circulating rumors that substances being sold by these names do not contain PCP, but are instead actually the fluid (formaldehyde) used for embalming as would be used in a mortuary. But there is evidence to support that this is primarily a case of confused slang terms. 'Embalming Fluid' is a common street slang term for PCP and has been for many years. PCP can come in liquid form, so the term 'fluid' is fitting. It is entirely possible (actually quite likely) that the confusion between PCP and embalming fluid (formaldehyde) has gone so far as to cause a new trend where PCP is actually mixed with formaldehye (or other 'embalming fluids') and used as a recreational psychoactive. But there is little evidence that the formaldehyde itself causes any pleasant or desirable effects.

Embalming fluid, as used in a mortuary, is traditionally made from formaldehyde. It does not contain PCP. Formaldehyde and PCP are completely different chemicals, which are not related. Formaldehyde is a known carcinogen linked to nasal and lung cancer, and with possible links to brain cancer and leukemia and should not be smoked."

erowid works wonders...

• Lokix likes this

noseatbeltcrash

noseatbeltcrash

i'm no philosopher

• Registered Upgraded
  • 839 posts
+rep ziggyrunnah

YouSuckDude

YouSuckDude

LifeLoveStress&Setbacks

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,573 posts
and people do smoke actual for real embalming fluid also

kids used to do that shit in science class

thesoftparade

thesoftparade

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,725 posts
do not dip your joint in formaldehyde, it is carcinogenic

XPiperX

XPiperX

Stoned

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,144 posts

and people do smoke actual for real embalming fluid also

kids used to do that shit in science class

Doesn't mean it isn't fucking stupid.

eleven357

eleven357

Bong hits on the roof

• Registered Upgraded
  • 9,270 posts
LOL.

This is hilarious.

In my hood,

Embalming fluid=Sherm or Sherm stick

PCP= Angel Dust, it comes in a rock/powder like meth.
Sprinkle some on some oregano and you'll be blasted.

silkyjohnson

silkyjohnson

Spare Change?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 957 posts
this whole thread is ridiculous, anyone stupid enough to dip a joint in formaldehyde deserves the cancer that is coming to them. for fucks sake people, common sense goes a long way, fucking use it

Mr. Bunglesmith

Mr. Bunglesmith

Toke it up man!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,486 posts
I don't know if it's true or not, but it sounds like a really stupid idea. It's gonna be awfull for you, so don't try it.

Indie

Indie

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• Registered Upgraded
  • 260 posts

I was browsing some site the other day and it said that dipping a joint in formaldehyde is the exact same as lacing it with PCP. Is that true? I tried looking up the site but I couldn't find it again, also not finding anything to corraborate, but also not finding anything that says that is untrue.

That would kill you, or give you cancer. PCP is not Formaldehyde.

PurpleWidow?

PurpleWidow?

Canadian Budz

• Registered Upgraded
  • 949 posts
im going to say this the simplest way i can

formaldehyde = carcinogen

a carcinogen is a substance that when you come in contact with gives cancer

so formaldehyde = cancer

NFloyd2357

NFloyd2357

Midnight Toker

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,779 posts

im going to say this the simplest way i can

formaldehyde = carcinogen

a carcinogen is a substance that when you come in contact with gives cancer

so formaldehyde = cancer

by that theory...

smoking weed = carcinogens

so smoking weed = cancer

as far as fermaldehyde being pcp... i've wondered that for a while. My friend's family owns a funeral home, where he works everyday, and has worked there since he was about 5. A lot of his family is heavily into drugs, and he always says how if he learned, he could synthesize pcp from the chemicals at his funeral home... i think there is some truth behind it, but straight formeldehyde (sp) isn't pcp.... but maybe involved in the process of making it?

Horus XCIII

Horus XCIII

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,287 posts

as far as fermaldehyde being pcp... i've wondered that for a while. My friend's family owns a funeral home, where he works everyday, and has worked there since he was about 5. A lot of his family is heavily into drugs, and he always says how if he learned, he could synthesize pcp from the chemicals at his funeral home... i think there is some truth behind it, but straight formeldehyde (sp) isn't pcp.... but maybe involved in the process of making it?

Your friend is full of shit . . . Pyridine and Cyclohexanone aren't used in funeral homes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users