Trimming scissors?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by CoreyP, Dec 14, 2007.

1. fiskars are good i have the one with springs so doesnt affect your hand as much as quick. as for the scissor hash good ol razor blade does the trick

2. #22 TheGooey, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
  3. Disposable gloves good,you cant answer the door in Uk smelling like bob's growing pal.scrap hash very nice.:smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hey everyone, I saw you guys were discussing some of the scissors we offer (Dallas Bonsai). The Masakuni scissors are really great scissors, but are geared more towards professional bonsai enthusiasts who will be using them for life. Your paying a lot of money for the name.

If your looking for comparable scissors, we have our own line of tools called Fujiyama - they are actually made in Japan - some lines by hand - and we offer more affordable lines in Black Metal and Vinyl cladding.

I don't want to post links, but you can check the following scissors that are comparable (just type the model numbers in search):

SS01 ($44) - Same style
    YP04 ($20) - Designed for trimming, lots of various models/materials.

For me, though, I would probably get a TFL123 ($60ish) since it's non-stick and they are more comfortable to use/easier to get into tight spaces. Also, look into "Mini Leaf Shears". Ours are T54's, and you can find these at a lot of places. They are crazzzzy useful when doing quick trimming and would have more than enough bite for removing tomatos.

Any questions, just message me, I just wanted to let everyone know that while we sell the Masakuni's our tools are equal quality and are available in different levels of materials.

5. I use pointy trimmers with a spring,and curved tip.I cant find them atm.I think they wer $13 on ebay.

GL

6. Fiskars with the spring..did a 8 hr straight trim with them and didn't even get a cramp

7. Those $200 bonsai shears look like they would rip my fingers apart after a few hours of trimming. I prefer PRO 420 Scissors, they have a teflon coating that really helps out with sticky issues....you can even get rid of the jar of oil or alcohol, there is something called Scissor Bud-e that is hemp oil in a sponge filled jar, That stuff really helps keep the scissors moving.  I have both pairs of PRO 420's, the spring loaded and the normal bonsai, and they are not too expensive, something like $16. 

Attached Files:

8. I bought a cheap pair off of eBay and they work great. I think straight handle and spring loaded are a must. I also use latex gloves and single edged razor blades for scraping.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Dang, I didn't see how old this thread is.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Exactly what I use . . . And rubbing alcohol