Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Why are aphids eating my roots

• Please log in to reply

chaoticbliss36

chaoticbliss36

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
these pests have all the characteristics of aphids except that they are only in my soil less medium. can i use neem in the coco mix, and if so how do i apply it. or is there another alternative? i also have winged aphid flying around...at one point i could kill them all by hand but way more were layin below the surface.

Ganja Guerrilla

Ganja Guerrilla

www.ganjaguerrilla.net

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,820 posts
sounds like you may have fungus gnats, no matter what the buggers are Neem oil can deal with it

mix a tblspoon neem oil in a gallon of water and water the plants, to kill the larve

yellow sticky traps placed on the soil are great for returning adults
  • amsterdamage likes this

amsterdamage

amsterdamage

Debate, Demand, Legalize!

• Old School
  • 5,114 posts
^^^I totally agree with you, man!

Neem's the second-most amazing plant on the planet, after Cannabis.

chaoticbliss36

chaoticbliss36

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
well do the nats look identical to aphids ? or are they the only aphid like creatures that would be in my medium? and can neem oil go bad? i've got some dyna gro neem thats looks awfully old, it's solid but i have it in some hot water. is it still ok to use?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users