Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How Do You Treat A Wood Pipe?

• Please log in to reply

ludivicomethod

ludivicomethod

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 212 posts
i got this wood pipe that isnt made to be smoked out of, so what do i treat it with to make it burn proof?

ChaosSmashKill

ChaosSmashKill

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
hmm,I don't think theres a way to make it burn proof,but if you really want to smoke out of it id soak it with some water first so you don't burn the wood as much

toke of death

toke of death

IRoN LuNgZ

• Registered Upgraded
  • 403 posts
ya kick the $h*t out of it........

-Peace-

LonerStoner

LonerStoner

• Registered Upgraded
  • 329 posts
Im trying to make a wood pipe. Im not sure how its going to turn out though.

Samus

Samus

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 1,254 posts

Originally posted by ludivicomethod
how do you treat a wood pipe?

like shit. get glass. nuff said.

-Samus-

BeRzErKaS

BeRzErKaS

"Street Pharmacist"

• Registered Upgraded
  • 312 posts

i got this wood pipe that isnt made to be smoked out of, so what do i treat it with to make it burn proof?

I'm a little unsure of what you're asking. Are you saying that you have a wood pipe that was only intended to be like a souvenir or a novelty or something? Or are u saying that u have an actual smoking pipe and u just wanna know how to break it in?

If it is only a novelty pipe (not meant to be smoked out of) it may not be "finished." Pipe makers usually slap a few coats of wood stain on the outside of their pipes to make them look nice and then coat them in carnuba (sp?) wax to protect them from the heat.

ludivicomethod

ludivicomethod

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 212 posts
yea, i was thinkin along the lines of wood finish and that wax you mentioned.

jazed

jazed

• Registered Upgraded
  • 169 posts
wtf....a pipe thats made not to smoke out of? whats the use?

-jey

BeRzErKaS

BeRzErKaS

"Street Pharmacist"

• Registered Upgraded
  • 312 posts

yea, i was thinkin along the lines of wood finish and that wax you mentioned.

Ok then, well if you're gonna finish the pipe yourself remember that the finish and wax go only on the OUTSIDE of the pipe. Because 1) You don't want the wax and stuff clogging up the stem and 2) You don't wanna inhale any poisonous compounds.

The inside of the bowl and stem get their heat resistance from the resin that builds up when you break it in.

Good Luck.

InferiorWang

InferiorWang

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 4,449 posts
And just so you know, wood pipes will keep the flavor of what you smoke with. You can smoke kb all day and then put schwag in it and it will hold some of the schwag taste pretty much forever.

God's Son

God's Son

Jay HOVA

• Registered Upgraded
  • 472 posts
Unless you clean it, right?

WaNnA-PuFF-AlOt

WaNnA-PuFF-AlOt

• Registered Upgraded
  • 152 posts
some people collect expensive tobacco pipes, i have a wooden pipe from jamaica with a real deep bowl but i dont use it at all because after a whille it burns your throat from smoking wood, if ur smoking alot roll joints

InferiorWang

InferiorWang

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 4,449 posts
Cleaning won't really help the taste. Ask people who smoke tobacco out of pipes. They usually keep a seperate pipe for different kinds of tobacco. Otherwise the flavors mix and can make it taste bad, and the flavors will stay mixed in that bowl.

cowofsteel

cowofsteel

Local

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,028 posts

Originally posted by InferiorWang
And just so you know, wood pipes will keep the flavor of what you smoke with. You can smoke kb all day and then put schwag in it and it will hold some of the schwag taste pretty much forever.

yes but the same hold trues vica-versa... if you smoke schwag all the time and then get some nugz... it'll taste like nugz for a long time. thats how it worked in my woody.

ludivicomethod

ludivicomethod

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 212 posts
Yeah, so i'll just use it for special cermonial kb smokings. It's really long, like a foot, and with a fat bowl

InferiorWang

InferiorWang

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 4,449 posts
is it like a churchwarden pipe? you know, like in lord of the rings. I want to get one of those. I need a job bad.

BeRzErKaS

BeRzErKaS

"Street Pharmacist"

• Registered Upgraded
  • 312 posts
This is a little unrelated but ever try a corn cob pipe?

They are cheap as hell and smoke surprisingly well. They come in these plastic packages and you can sometimes find them at gas stations or pharmacy's.

...plus when they get all cruddy tasting you can throw them out.

I like them but usually only use them as a last resort.

InferiorWang

InferiorWang

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 4,449 posts
I've heard that after you use corn cob pipes for a while they get where you can cut them up and smoke them. Apparently enough resin builds up in the cob. I've never tried it, but it could be neat.

ludivicomethod

ludivicomethod

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 212 posts
yea man, i gotta try one soon

cowofsteel

cowofsteel

Local

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,028 posts
i had two corncobs that i sold for $5 a piece, they were worth like $.50 but thats okay... noone needs to know, and i dont think u would want to smoke a corn cob, there kinda nasty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users