Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Smoking Nutmeg

• Please log in to reply

its_money

its_money

• Registered Upgraded
  • 590 posts
I saw a question asking if nutmeg can be smoked in another thread so i thought id share this..

Taken in high doses, nutmeg can be quite intoxicating, partly because it's similar in chemical makeup to MDMA. Nutmeg causes symptoms such as stupor, drowsiness, delirium and sleep. Many prison inmates have known about it and used it for years, which is why most prisons have banned the use of this spice! About 14 grams (two tablespoons) taken by mouth cause a rather unpleasant, dreamlike "trip". Other symptoms include a rapid heartbeat, dry mouth, and thirst. Agitation, apprehension, and a sense of impending doom may last about 12 hours, with a sense of unreality persisting for several days. Nutmeg contains five to 15 per cent myrista oil, which is responsible for the physical effects. About four per cent is Myristicin, which is structurally similar to mescaline. (Mace, the exterior covering of the Nutmeg seed, also contains the hallucinogenic compound myristicin). Elemicin is another potent psychoactive ingredient in nutmeg. Similar to SSRI antidepressants such as Prozac, Myristicin blocks the release of serotonin from brain neurones. Scientists believe that once the substance enters the body it's converted to methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) -- ecstasy.

Gnomish

Gnomish

Gnome

• Registered Upgraded
  • 328 posts
did not know this, thanks for sharing.

dougie3

dougie3

• Registered Upgraded
  • 225 posts
Ive smoked it before, but thats cuz i was bored, broke, and wanted to smoke something haha. How much do you think you have to smoke to get noticeable effects?

whatsinurblunt?

whatsinurblunt?

stoner4sure

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
uhmmm probably too much for me to even try to smoke that shit... lol thats kina like that kid saying u could smoke ur hair and hallucinate and people inhaling the gasses of their bodily functions.... u probably can do it but i never would... lol

SinX

SinX

Ganja Assassin

• Registered Upgraded
  • 156 posts
My friend said sprinkling nutmeg on a bowl will inhance your high, but I didn't know smoking it straight fucks you up....I might try this.

fvaambush

fvaambush

Prying open my third eye

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,182 posts
Soo anyone know how close this is to a shrooms or acid trip? And are there any bad side effects like constant itching or anything like that

edit: nvm just read erowid and it says its been reported unpleasant to most users, so I wont be doing it but still curious as to what its like and if its similar to a shrooms or acid trip

brosive

brosive

i smoke nugs

• Registered Upgraded
  • 226 posts
haha you copy and pasted this from answerbag :hello:

but anywho its some pretty dank info

Sinus

Sinus

I'm so sick.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 298 posts
You eat the nutmeg. You don't smoke it. :rolleyes:

nateisgreat9

nateisgreat9

• Registered Upgraded
  • 175 posts

You eat the nutmeg. You don't smoke it. :rolleyes:

Yea, I heard you eat about 5 grams straight. And 45min to 2hours later you get fucked up.

Buzzwell420

Buzzwell420

reefer brain

• Registered Upgraded
  • 9,503 posts
u dont smoke it u eat it and its not realy that fun,its gross and takes forever and i dont even know if its that intoxicating

Outis

Outis

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,557 posts

Soo anyone know how close this is to a shrooms or acid trip? And are there any bad side effects like constant itching or anything like that

edit: nvm just read erowid and it says its been reported unpleasant to most users, so I wont be doing it but still curious as to what its like and if its similar to a shrooms or acid trip

I've done it before, and it's quite unpleasant.

I took two heaping (aka inaccurately large) tablespoons mixed into 6oz of milk. I chugged it. Didn't feel anything, and about 2 hours later I fell asleep watching Ali G's movie.

-next day-

I woke up at 8AM. Where the fuck am I? What's going on? Why does the world look red? I called my mom for something (I don't remember this, but I later found out I called her about 4 times in a row). Can't remember what. I feel like I'm in a lucid dream. Everything has a pattern to it. I feel like I'm not real. My arms look alien to me.

I decide to drive home. The pattern of the trees' shadows on the road flying past me cause me to writhe and twitch. Unexplainable. It's like my muscles want to move with the shadows. Lights feel very bright. If I zone out, the world becomes a cartoon, but if I pay attention and focus I sober up a little, but the delirium returns the second I lose my focus. I can't listen to music because it makes me twitch and move like the tree shadows. Turns are all hell, I feel like I'm going to fly off the road even though I'm going the speed limit. I feel like my car is out of control.

I get home about 45 minutes later. It's now around 11AM, and I go back to sleep. Wake up at 6PM, try to eat but I'm not hungry. Delirium continues. I feel like I'm not real. I can't focus. I black out for an hour at a time. I begin to have thoughts that I may never be normal again.

I go back to sleep around 9:30. Wake up the next day around noon. As I open my eyes, I expect to see the world in the same fucked-up cartoony state it was before, but no. I'm finally sober again.

And I will never do it again.

My friend did it with me (I was at his house), and he experienced the exact same thing (delirium, world seems fake, I seem fake, memory loss + blackouts, repetitive behavior, seeing patterns and things look 'cartoony' and 2D, can't concentrate) only he also became violently sick to his stomach, and spent the duration of the 'trip' on the couch leaning over a garbage can.

CanibasConsumer

CanibasConsumer

Orange Destiny

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,027 posts
me and a couple friends did it one time. we ate it at night. we all ate half a bottle of it, dunno how many grams, but it was a shit ton. it was the grossest thing ive ever tasted and i made the mistake of dumping it all into a huge glass of milk *shudders*. woke up the next day and didnt feel a thing but when i got to school it hit me. it was weird like i was really tired and stoned, dunno how to describe it. me and my friend got called out of class to take a test thing so we met up with this other kid and we left school. me and my friend were like half dead in the kids van lol. i dont really remember much else about the day but when i got home i passed out for like 14 hours. it wasnt an altogether unpleasant experience. found out later we had eaten just below the lethal dosage so we probably had those effects becuase of OD or somethin haha. but to whoever is interested in this and wants to do it ill warn you not to do it regularly because it can fuck up your liver.

fvaambush

fvaambush

Prying open my third eye

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,182 posts

I've done it before, and it's quite unpleasant.

I took two heaping (aka inaccurately large) tablespoons mixed into 6oz of milk. I chugged it. Didn't feel anything, and about 2 hours later I fell asleep watching Ali G's movie.

-next day-

I woke up at 8AM. Where the fuck am I? What's going on? Why does the world look red? I called my mom for something (I don't remember this, but I later found out I called her about 4 times in a row). Can't remember what. I feel like I'm in a lucid dream. Everything has a pattern to it. I feel like I'm not real. My arms look alien to me.

I decide to drive home. The pattern of the trees' shadows on the road flying past me cause me to writhe and twitch. Unexplainable. It's like my muscles want to move with the shadows. Lights feel very bright. If I zone out, the world becomes a cartoon, but if I pay attention and focus I sober up a little, but the delirium returns the second I lose my focus. I can't listen to music because it makes me twitch and move like the tree shadows. Turns are all hell, I feel like I'm going to fly off the road even though I'm going the speed limit. I feel like my car is out of control.

I get home about 45 minutes later. It's now around 11AM, and I go back to sleep. Wake up at 6PM, try to eat but I'm not hungry. Delirium continues. I feel like I'm not real. I can't focus. I black out for an hour at a time. I begin to have thoughts that I may never be normal again.

I go back to sleep around 9:30. Wake up the next day around noon. As I open my eyes, I expect to see the world in the same fucked-up cartoony state it was before, but no. I'm finally sober again.

And I will never do it again.

My friend did it with me (I was at his house), and he experienced the exact same thing (delirium, world seems fake, I seem fake, memory loss + blackouts, repetitive behavior, seeing patterns and things look 'cartoony' and 2D, can't concentrate) only he also became violently sick to his stomach, and spent the duration of the 'trip' on the couch leaning over a garbage can.

Wow man that sounds crazy, I was thinking about doing it because I figured hey it a was a crushed up nut and is used as a spice it can't be too crazy :P. But apparently it does make you sick, taste is horrible, and gives you upset stomach and headaches etc.
Anyway what is at all like a shrooms or lsd trip?

murderouspanda

murderouspanda

coming to a zoo near you

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,780 posts
this has been known and around for a while now

http://www.erowid.or...eg/nutmeg.shtml

Outis

Outis

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,557 posts

Wow man that sounds crazy, I was thinking about doing it because I figured hey it a was a crushed up nut and is used as a spice it can't be too crazy :P. But apparently it does make you sick, taste is horrible, and gives you upset stomach and headaches etc.

I've never taken shrooms or LSD, so I can't compare. I have access to a consistent supply of LSD, so that will probably change soon.

bwood

bwood

• Registered Upgraded
  • 5,996 posts
Ughhh nutmeg.. I remember that bullshit I ate that a while ago i put one table spoon in with some apple sauce, Then i put a tablespoon in with two cups of coffee and then i split a tablespoon into a bunch of piles and parachuted them. After like 3 hours i passed out and felt like i was paralyzed and i was seriously a fucking zombie for like 6 hours and my eyes were fucking neon red.

snootchiebootch

snootchiebootch

• Registered Upgraded
  • 112 posts
I've had quite an experience with nutmeg, so I decided here would be a good place to share it.

My friend and I both took three tablespoons of nutmeg at 9:00 AM and washed it down with as much water as possible. Tasted like shit. Our burps for the next 2 hours were disgusting. After about 3 and a half hours I started feeling good, almost like a slow creeping high. It would fluctuate between an upbeat high where we would laugh a lot and then the next minute we'd be completely spent and just sit on our assess. I couldn't really tell what I was doing and felt like I didn't have much control.

The next thing I know its 8:00 PM and we are going to see the movie Rattattoui. I was practically tripping by this point. The movie was fucking amazing. Sometimes it would look to me like the animated characters in the movie were actual people. It looked like I was watching the movie through a fish eye lens. At the most emotional points during the movie (happy, sad, etc.) my legs would begin to twitch.

10:00 I was home. My eyes we redder than all hell and the entire room was spinning. I couldn't even bring myself to lie down on my bed because I would fall off. Everything was insane. I was seeing slight hallucinations. The trees outside my window almost looked like Trufala Trees from the Dr. Suess book, the Lorax. Finally was able to fall alseep.

I woke up around 9:00 AM and nothing had changed, everything was spinning. I felt a little sick at times. The high lasted me until 6:00 PM that day. All in all it was a 32 hour experience. A little too much for me.

You've gotta be pretty fucked up to enjoy it. I would say everyone who smoked weed should try it at least once. It's an experience, not bad and not really good. I don't think I'll ever do it again.

Vikesfan911

Vikesfan911

fluffernuuutttttteerr

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,168 posts
intense info. I had no idea. Thanks

NevrADullMoment

NevrADullMoment

Greeeeeeeen is fun to say

• Registered Upgraded
  • 407 posts

It isn't anything like LSD or Shrooms. It is more like the body high you get from eating weed only WAY more intense and longer lasting (like eating too many brownies).

I have eaten nutmeg something like 3 times over a period of two and a half years, it is not something you want to do regularly because it has a wicked potential to be unpleasant. And the hangovers are a bitch, the day after a heavy dose will be the worst day of your life.

its_money

its_money

• Registered Upgraded
  • 590 posts

Ive smoked it before, but thats cuz i was bored, broke, and wanted to smoke something haha. How much do you think you have to smoke to get noticeable effects?

around 2 grams

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users