Do Vaporizers give off weed smell (dorm related)

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Forkit, Dec 2, 2007.

1. it doesnt really smell like weed, but it definitely smells like something burning, or giving off a scent

me and my roommate almost got busted cuz we vaped in our dorm and the RA could smell it.. called the po-po's on us but nothing ended up happening

2. Like when you crack a jar of some dank and that sweet smell hits you, that's the same smell put out by the vap, seams to intensify the smell but like what others have said it goes away fast and is nothing like the distinctive smell of burning pot.. its more "hmm whats that sweet smell?"" some kind of filter might work well??

3. im bumping this because i want more advice on vaporizing smell. MOAR :smoking:

4. They do not. my buddy had one before he broke it, but you couldn't smell anything and it got you FUCKED

5. #45 ResearchIt, May 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010
    LEAK FREE SYSTEM: Caution: NO COUGHING ALLOWED

1. Make a spoof, a paper towel roll with dryer sheets stuffed in it works great
    2. Pack the bowl about half way, leave space at the top or you will burn your hand.
    3. Light the bowl and pull hard do not let any smoke escape from the bowl.
    4. When you are almost done taking your hit take the palm of your hand and make an air tight seal over the top of the bowl, if your bowl was made poorly and its rim isnt even you may have to apply more force.
    5. Let go of the carb and suck up the rest of the smoke, keep your hand over the top to make sure the cherry goes out.
    6. Cover the carb again and gently pull as you let go of the top of the bowl.
    7. Hold in your hit as long as you like, and then blow through the spoof. Be sure to breath in through the nose and exhale a couple times or you might not get all the smoke out.

If done right there will be no smell of weed, other than the smell that comes off your bud normally (When its not burning)

EDIT: To answer your question, they do give off some smell, but it is not as strong as smoke. if your roommates are in the apt. i suggest using the leak free system.

6. Apparently a lot of people say sploof here, but i have only ever heard it called a spoof. hmmmm

7. instead of starting a whole new thread im writing here, but if you really hate that i'm still pushing this old thread then i could make a new one.

my question hasnt really been answered here except for the "cook something" option, but i live in UK and our landlord or whatever told us that we could not smoke (they mean cigarettes) in the apartment because of the smell and things.

so i just want to know if vaporizer smell will stick in the walls for when we move out?
    we have no problem if it smells a bit when we are smoking but its the smell afterwards we (me and my roommate) care about, and we would really like an option that does not involve going outside with a spliff.
    it is soo much better to be in a "closed enviorment" when smoking.

are cooking the only 100% option?

8. yes, they do.
    wrong section.

9. Vaporizer will not leave lasting residue / smell like smoking. Entering a room where people are vaping vs smoking is almost completely different. You should be fine. I vape 99% of the time and when i smoke I usually only smoke hash. If I am out I might bring some joints. The difference in smell lingering in the room and on my clothes / breath is there when I smoke but not at all when I vape.

10. thanks!
    the next time i will try to bake something, but i will keep in mind that the vapo does not smell as much (for a long time).
    i just want to get my deposit back when i move out of this place, so for the time being no one will notice but if it sticks to the wallpaper and the carpet i will be fucked! :)

11. Someone walking in the room immediately after might smell something like Cannabis but hard to say for sure. But as far as from a renters standpoint you are far more likely to burn carpet with a dropped hot glass piece from vaporizer or spill something while intoxicated than leave any human detectable residue upon leaving. So to address your concern specifically I don't think you would have any problem on the landlord thinking you were smoking... and if you think about it you weren't since you never combusted the material to create actual smoke.

12. ok yeah thanks. i will seriously try this!
    have been dying to try a vapo anyway so :)

13. I could be completely wrong about this but I'm pretty sure that when the Landlord says "No Smoking" it means exactly that. If he does find out (which he won't) and he evicts you, take that bitch to court for not being specific and false eviction! I know in non-smoking areas like certain parks and shit, it is legal to vape. That is only if the herb you are vaping is legal though.

14. I have a Zephyr Ion and during any point of vapeing , if i spray febreze the smell will be gone.

15. Wait guys, Sorry for bringing back a dead topic, but if you make popcorn, it'll stink up the whole hallway too. IDK about you guys but if I smelled popcorn, I'd hunt that shit down like its my job... Last thing you want is someone busting in your room looking for popcorn while your vaping :p hahahahah

16. use a vape and a smoke buddy and you'll be fine.

17. Umm, you realize this thread was started in 2007, right?

18. Am I the only one who never looks at the post date?

19. Haha not at all... Just out of curiosity.. OP, How did it work out? Did you solve your problem? hahah

20. I just got the MFLB. I hear that it gives off little to no odor. I'm going to college in a few months, so a portable, odorless vaporizer is a must for tokers!