Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account
Grasscity.com 420 Sale - 25% Discount

Im sick of the concept of "420"...

• Please log in to reply

coolrunnings

coolrunnings

Massachu-baka

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,018 posts
I know this is, basically blasphemy to the stoner world, but has anyone else noticed its gotten completely mainstream?

I see it everywhere. On fucking plates for God's sake...

It has merely become a marketing figure.

And a way for people to remain "incognito" about their smoking, although everyone knows what it means.

Put 420 on it and people know you smoke. Put 420 in your screenname and people know you smoke.

I just see it EVERYWHERE! Its getting to be an eye sore and you start to realize everyone sporting a 420 something or other, has just started smoking or wants to tell the world.

Its just too mainstream now. Too many "tools" have soiled the name. And by tools, i mean companies and just new tokers that can ruin the image of a stoner.

Disclaimer: This doesnt apply to anyone on the City. Since being a part of Grasscity already means you smoke, i dont give a rats ass what you put as your name or siggy. Im talking about the outside world. The yard next door, ya dig?:)

suburbantoker

suburbantoker

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,881 posts
Haha dawg I don't even know.

keepitwolf

keepitwolf

• Registered Upgraded
  • 395 posts
FUCK 420!

I'm all about 8:40! I always get twice as high....
  • D3vO likes this

I Love Hashley

I Love Hashley

Probably Blazed...

• Registered Upgraded
  • 572 posts
Also people that think its "cool" if you smoke, and they dont even smoke.

Also im tired of the whole 420 thing too, and you should see my school around april 20th:rolleyes: I sometimes want to bash my head into the wall when i hear people talking about weed, and dont have a fucking clue about it.

Outis

Outis

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,557 posts
I think of it as being on the same level as the anarchy circle-A symbol that everyone was crazy about a few years back.

y3rr liek, totullay hXc if uz gots teh ANARCHY simbal

keepitwolf

keepitwolf

• Registered Upgraded
  • 395 posts
well you have to understand 420 for non daily smokers is kinda like a day to smoke.

don't you see non mexicans celebrating cinqo de mayo? I never drink margaritas or corona unless its may 5th

amsterdamage

amsterdamage

Debate, Demand, Legalize!

• Old School
  • 5,114 posts
maybe it's time for something new?

..like "620" as in 6:20AM - time to wake and bake!! ;):D

quiet mornings, coffee and some herb ..nice :smoke:

I Love Hashley

I Love Hashley

Probably Blazed...

• Registered Upgraded
  • 572 posts

well you have to understand 420 for non daily smokers is kinda like a day to smoke.

don't you see non mexicans celebrating cinqo de mayo? I never drink margaritas or corona unless its may 5th

NO! its not about the date, its about the time 4:20 when those kids would meet up after school and toke

coolrunnings

coolrunnings

Massachu-baka

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,018 posts

I still refuse to drink Coronos on May 5th...

And Cinqo Di Mayo is a legit holiday. At least in Mexico. 420 was a cool concept until the World got a hold of it and kids who were 12-15 would sit there and write 420 on everything. You cant go to my city's park anymore without seeing 420 everywhere. You cant walk down a street without seeing 420 everywhere.

It gives us guys (and girls) a bad name. We enjoy pot for the spirituality and effects on the mind and body. The enjoy pot as an "illegal substance" and find themselves to have become quite the rebels due to their participation.

If it was as chill and controlled as Cinqo Di Mayo, i would have no problem. But im so sick of those three damn numbers... 4.2.0.
  • keepitwolf likes this

keepitwolf

keepitwolf

• Registered Upgraded
  • 395 posts

NO! its not about the date, its about the time 4:20 when those kids would meet up after school and toke

well you did say april 20th....

honestly though who cares? lol like why does it piss people off when newbs are smoking. we were all newbs at one time or another.

friggin hate newbs. specially when i pwn the shit out of them.

I Love Hashley

I Love Hashley

Probably Blazed...

• Registered Upgraded
  • 572 posts

maybe it's time for something new?

..like "620" as in 6:20AM - time to wake and bake!! ;):D

quiet mornings, coffee and some herb ..nice :smoke:

I say 8:30 :D

keepitwolf

keepitwolf

• Registered Upgraded
  • 395 posts

And Cinqo Di Mayo is a legit holiday. At least in Mexico. 420 was a cool concept until the World got a hold of it and kids who were 12-15 would sit there and write 420 on everything. You cant go to my city's park anymore without seeing 420 everywhere. You cant walk down a street without seeing 420 everywhere.

It gives us guys (and girls) a bad name. We enjoy pot for the spirituality and effects on the mind and body. The enjoy pot as an "illegal substance" and find themselves to have become quite the rebels due to their participation.

If it was as chill and controlled as Cinqo Di Mayo, i would have no problem. But im so sick of those three damn numbers... 4.2.0.

I dunno. Im with you in the fact that its kinda played out. but you gotta remember the kids writing the 420 are probably your typical 15 year old kid who asks his friends if he looks high before he gets picked up by his mom.

but look at the culture as a whole, i mean Im not one to diss names...but a jamacian themed icon and name (even though its a great movie!) is typical as well. regardless if you are jamacian.

i think the best thing to do is to let it go and smoke a bowl :hello:

reidefineyou

reidefineyou

• Registered Upgraded
  • 232 posts
4:20 is just a time for me to smoke, on 4/20 i smoke mass weed on both 4:20's it just like a scheduled appointment to get high

amsterdamage

amsterdamage

Debate, Demand, Legalize!

• Old School
  • 5,114 posts

It gives us guys (and girls) a bad name. We enjoy pot for the spirituality and effects on the mind and body. They enjoy pot as an "illegal substance" and find themselves to have become quite the rebels due to their participation.

I agree with you CR, people should smoke for the right reason - smoking simply because it's "naughty" is so lame. They are precisely the smokers who give up when they hit 30 and then spend the rest of their lives telling everyone how evil weed is and how the government is justified in locking up anyone who even experiments with it. Boring, shallow people :(

coolrunnings

coolrunnings

Massachu-baka

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,018 posts

well you did say april 20th....

honestly though who cares? lol like why does it piss people off when newbs are smoking. we were all newbs at one time or another.

friggin hate newbs. specially when i pwn the shit out of them.

You gotta realize what im saying man. I have no anger towards new smokers. AT ALL.

But when they take it to the extent of writing 420 everywhere and giving it a bad name, it gets annoying. Plus, herb should be used at an age of somewhat maturity. Im pretty sure, no matter how much you love "Miller Time", if a bunch of 13-15 year olds would get drunk and write "Miller Time" on everything, it would piss you off.

And, the other part of my thread was companies putting 420 on something to get it sold. I honestly will never buy anything with "420" on it. Its now a marketing agent used to sell to people with the preconceived notion of being cool and conforming to the pot smoking population.

Can we please deviate from the idea that "newbs are gay" and just debate (or agree) on the subject at hand. Smoke at whatever age you like, but keep your vandalism seperate from such the Holy Herb. And by writing a number associated with such things, it gives everyone else that doesnt smoke a reason to hate it.

That should clear the runway of anymore newb bashing arguments.

Im not bashing anyone. Please.

coolrunnings

coolrunnings

Massachu-baka

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,018 posts

I dunno. Im with you in the fact that its kinda played out. but you gotta remember the kids writing the 420 are probably your typical 15 year old kid who asks his friends if he looks high before he gets picked up by his mom.

but look at the culture as a whole, i mean Im not one to diss names...but a jamacian themed icon and name (even though its a great movie!) is typical as well. regardless if you are jamacian.

i think the best thing to do is to let it go and smoke a bowl :hello:

I wrote my last post while you were writing yours so disregard it as a defensive statement.

And my name... Well i didnt plan on staying here at Grasscity for more than a few days. I picked some name that, honestly at the time, meant only a funny movie with a bunch of Jamaicans trying to set up a bobsled team. The concept of that movie was funny, not the nationality of them.

it could have been a bunch of Eskimos trying to start a surfing team and i would have put the title as my name here. Hahaha, shows how simple minded i am.:hello:

keepitwolf

keepitwolf

• Registered Upgraded
  • 395 posts

I wrote my last post while you were writing yours so disregard it as a defensive statement.

And my name... Well i didnt plan on staying here at Grasscity for more than a few days. I picked some name that, honestly at the time, meant only a funny movie with a bunch of Jamaicans trying to set up a bobsled team. The concept of that movie was funny, not the nationality of them.

it could have been a bunch of Eskimos trying to start a surfing team and i would have put the title as my name here. Hahaha, shows how simple minded i am.:hello:

hahaha :D

i was watching birds the other day and thought they should remake it with smith. like cant you imagine will smith running around doing that scream "uuuhhhhhhhahhhhh" with birds?

turns out they are remaking it and i dont think hes in it

coolrunnings

coolrunnings

Massachu-baka

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,018 posts
Petition time to have him star in it??

I think so.

keepitwolf

keepitwolf

• Registered Upgraded
  • 395 posts
According to Hollywood Reporter[1], a 2009 remake of The Birds is in the works, rumored to star Naomi Watts, who would take the role of Melanie Daniels.[2] The story will be based on the original short story by Daphne du Maurier, while the screenplay is being written by Juliet Snowden and Stiles White. The producers are Michael Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller. Martin Campbell is set to direct it. IMDb Profile

michael bay. sweeeeet haha

CaliCoast

CaliCoast

Med User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,468 posts
Good god, now what am I going to do with my giant 420 tatoo on my chest? Oh well, I hope the guy can change it to 4:30 or 8:40 or whatever the fuck you guys decide on :D:D:D:bongin:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users