Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Text messages?

• Please log in to reply

fvaambush

fvaambush

Prying open my third eye

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,182 posts
just a random thought, can your parents check what you text to someone when they get the phone bill? I remember last month my mom went to a store to ask about my texting bill... she was bitching at me because I had gone like 100 bucks over my limit and she said that i was sending ranom pointless messages to my friend during school... I never really thought about it till now but i text my friends about when were gonna go smoke and what shit i can buy where, and was just wondering if they can ask to see what your texts say? If my parents were to read what all my text said i would be fucking screwed. Anyone else know if they can?

Similar Topics: Text messages?     x

dav3k

dav3k

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 627 posts
Depending on the company, I think so... I think if your parent asked, any company would probly be able to give them that, in fact.

suburbantoker

suburbantoker

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 3,881 posts
Yeah, they can. My mom did and I got caught because of it, I told my friend my bomb ass hiding spot in a text, and she found it all. Robo, weed, booze. Wasn't good.

StarGatherer

StarGatherer

Seasoned bonghitter

• Registered Upgraded
  • 422 posts
Im an old man.My opinion(having an 20 yr old daughter) is that text messaging has got to be the most insidious creation ever.Its so bad for some kids that it becomes an addiction.I have actually seen two ppl texting each other in the same room.I inquired as to the conversation and was told that one was asking the other for a cigarette.I lost it, "COULDNT YOU JUST HAVE ASKED OUT LOUD!!!!" I yelled.makes no sense to me.I have a cell phone and i use it to talk on.It is easier and costs less.Kids text to hide what they say anyway.My kid uses it to tell all her girlfriends what a dork the guy she is with is when she is on a date.I find it just rude really.Now my wife is doing it...aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek:

SD_rOLLIN

SD_rOLLIN

• Registered Upgraded
  • 304 posts
im old enough, i have a job so i pay my own bills but bro trust me i txt way more nonsense than u, LOL.. i racked up $600 on the bill once just for sending pointless txt.

naku06

naku06

Lye & Open sores

• Bronze Member
  • 2,306 posts

fvaambush

fvaambush

Prying open my third eye

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,182 posts

Yeah, they can. My mom did and I got caught because of it, I told my friend my bomb ass hiding spot in a text, and she found it all. Robo, weed, booze. Wasn't good.

yeah tahts exactly what im afraid of .... hah taht really sucks though

Im an old man.My opinion(having an 20 yr old daughter) is that text messaging has got to be the most insidious creation ever.Its so bad for some kids that it becomes an addiction.I have actually seen two ppl texting each other in the same room.I inquired as to the conversation and was told that one was asking the other for a cigarette.I lost it, "COULDNT YOU JUST HAVE ASKED OUT LOUD!!!!" I yelled.makes no sense to me.I have a cell phone and i use it to talk on.It is easier and costs less.Kids text to hide what they say anyway.My kid uses it to tell all her girlfriends what a dork the guy she is with is when she is on a date.I find it just rude really.Now my wife is doing it...aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:eek:

i usually just use it if its too loud to talk or im not trying to say something around certain people. my dad hates me for texting because I do it so much.

im old enough, i have a job so i pay my own bills but bro trust me i txt way more nonsense than u, LOL.. i racked up $600 on the bill once just for sending pointless txt.

Yeah I pay some of the bill but I'm out of a job so no money to pay for the bill :rolleyes:
this girl I know had like 500 over and her parents grounded her for a day because of it lol

GimmieMore

GimmieMore

Drugged to stay alive....

• Bronze Member
  • 4,785 posts

Gumbo

Gumbo

The voice of reason.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,970 posts

I too hate texting. Every time I see some one texting, I just want to scream "You're holding a fucking phone! Make a call!"

wunschshrek

wunschshrek

Old School Stoner

• Old School
  • 3,723 posts

just a random thought, can your parents check what you text to someone when they get the phone bill? I remember last month my mom went to a store to ask about my texting bill... she was bitching at me because I had gone like 100 bucks over my limit and she said that i was sending ranom pointless messages to my friend during school... I never really thought about it till now but i text my friends about when were gonna go smoke and what shit i can buy where, and was just wondering if they can ask to see what your texts say? If my parents were to read what all my text said i would be fucking screwed. Anyone else know if they can?

Yes they can, they have to keep records of this stuff, and would have no problem giving your mother a printout.

BTW, I am the age police, lemme see your ID

coolrunnings

coolrunnings

Massachu-baka

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,018 posts
In defense of texting...

I have free anywhere anytime minutes and i hate wasting them on a 6 second call to my friend to eat.

Plus, i would rather be able to multitask (i.e. talking to friends, smoking, partying, etc) than talk on the phone.

Also, when im in class and trying to put together plans with people, i do it in class

Just a lazy way of getting little information without making human contact.

GimmieMore

GimmieMore

Drugged to stay alive....

• Bronze Member
  • 4,785 posts

CoughDrop

CoughDrop

• Registered Upgraded
  • 400 posts
I text, but I fucking hate what it's become. I would probably smash somebody's phone if they texted me and I was in the same room as them (unless it's because your talking shit about somebody in the room, which is fucked up in it's own way).

also, text messaging is probably saved forever. there's no such thing as privacy when it comes to data. It's all just information on a hard drive that nobody looks at until there's a reason to. Do you think texting in reference to maryjane or other chemical transactions could turn around to bite you in the ass? I say this because I know a LOT of people that talk blatantly about smoking over text.

TokinBlue

TokinBlue

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 8,731 posts
On the At&t website you can monitor who you call, who calls you and how long you talk to them for.

I believe the data function (text) shows who you are texting and who texts you, but not the info of the actual text, but like everyone else said, they are available

Dank_Head

Dank_Head

dank

• Registered Upgraded
  • 873 posts
i have sprint, my mother recently tried to get a printout of my text messages because she thought i was texting about drugs and they would not allow her to get a printout unless it was for a police investigation. im not sure about other companies but thats what happend in my situation.

JollyRoger227

JollyRoger227

Live, Laugh, Love

• Old School
  • 6,520 posts

sometimes people text each other in the same room to talk about someone else in the room lol

I can't text message, my mom had that option blocked on my phone since I got it when I turned 18, but I've lived without it and I really don't care for the most part. I have a friend thou who goes over her UNLIMITED texting every month, her phone bill is outrageous, like 150$ a month if not more some months

What'sThatSmell

What'sThatSmell

RIP

• Registered Upgraded
  • 6,361 posts
My phone bill last month was $99.
And I thought that was bad.

waterhurley

waterhurley

Toke, smoke, and choke

• Old School
  • 3,112 posts
it depends on your carrier. i work for AT&T wireless (used to be cingular) and we cant actually access full text messages unless we get corprate consent. corprate has never given consent to reading texts. ill admit i do send texts to my hookups about what im getting, where, and when. it may fuck me over one day.

but much like everyone else ill defend texting. when people come in to pay bills who are like 70, when i go to check their usage, they text. yes most people at age 70 dont wanna learn new tech but thats alit. ud be surprised how often i see that. everyone texts now. its more convienent then a qucik 45 second phone conversation. if you are in a quite enviroment and still wanna talk to someone without disturbing the peace, text. im a text aholic (im also an iphone whore). on average i send/recieve from anywhere between 4000-7000 texts a month.

if you have at&t and want anything added to your plans as far as texting and such PM me. im not gonna lie here guys i make my living off my comission and trust me, if you text, those text packages save you LOTS money... considering eeach sent/recieved text is on average 10 cents.

On the At&t website you can monitor who you call, who calls you and how long you talk to them for.

I believe the data function (text) shows who you are texting and who texts you, but not the info of the actual text, but like everyone else said, they are available

this is true. its not fully legal

waterhurley

waterhurley

Toke, smoke, and choke

• Old School
  • 3,112 posts

My phone bill last month was $99.
And I thought that was bad.

dude i saw a bill from someone who had a $7,000 bill. they were on a $60 a month min plan and their bill came to no joke $7,000

so dont feel bad :P

Blazin'Talon

Blazin'Talon

Maybe just nothing

• Old School
  • 2,387 posts
I text quite a bit. I'm not supposed to be on the phone at work so it's easier to send a quick text to someone. I also happen to despise making a 30 second call to ask someone a quick simple question. I'm not a telephone person... Unlimited text is only $10 for me. Brings my total to $55 a month. It's not much of a plan (Canadian carriers suck arse) but the texting keeps me well within my limits as far as minutes go.

I sent that bitch a smiley face. Bitches love smiley faces!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users