Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will cannabis relieve lower back pain?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by AlphaQ, Nov 14, 2007.

1. A month ago I was quite sick for several weeks. As I got better, my lower back started getting worse and worse. It tends to hurt most when I am sitting in a rigid chair, but now even laying down hurts including sleeping.

It is beginning to interfere with daily activities including my job. I will likely see a doctor soon if this persists. In the meantime, I was considering using marijuana to ease the pain.

Does anyone have experience with marijuana as a lower back pain reliever? I just need to get some good sleep and get work done.

2. I really suggest a strong indica.

3. I have lower back pain and marijuana works amazing with it. Like the person above me said, I suggest a nice indica.

4. I am a chronic back pain sufferer and yes it does help believe me especially for when I sleep which is when I get the most discomfort without smoking before bed to relax my muscles.

5. I will give it a try tonight with whatever I have.

Not really sure how to determine from looks what strain or type of marijuana it is. I was thinking of trying to get some in the next few days, how should i go about finding indica?

6. Got chronic lower back pain as well.
    Marijuana works amazingly, as the miracle plant that it is.

7. My doctor has told me that marijuana has been clinically shown to be an effective muscle relaxer. My fiance uses it for her lower back pain. I would suggest getting a MMJ card and then when you are at a dispensary you can get a good indica.

8. No legalized medical marijuana in my state as of now, nor do I expect it anytime soon.

How can you spot an indica when looking at random buds?

9. most purple strands are indica i believe, and they tend to be tighter looking nugs. sativas are a little more wild when they grow, so thats a good way to remember. someone correct me if im wrong please

10. not sure about the purple part, but for most people at least the random dealer that you know isnt going to know whether its an indica or sativa strain. schwag/mids/regs/beasters are all usually indica strains.

11. indica = couch lock sativa = head high

12. try yoga and indica type strain for pain. amazing feeling during and afterwards

13. Chronic lower back pain due to arthritis of the spine is why I went back to marijuana.  However, unlike so many others here, I have not had great luck with it helping the back pain.  But all is not lost.  Anyone here who suffers with chronic pain knows the circle; pain=fatigue=depression, and around you go.  What marijuana has done for me in this instance is lift the lid on the depression.  I honestly did not know how bad it was until I was no longer under its curse.  That, in and of itself has been a blessing. 

14. Thread made in 2007  :laughing:

15. #16 cball, Sep 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2013

[​IMG]

Well damn .. I'm always late to the party  :hide: