According to Grasscity Growers, what are the best grow tents out there?

GC Growers unite! Please give me feedback in this thread here

Thx

SJ

A question on red stems during flowering...

• by billigreen
  • Nov 08 2007 04:32 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• billigreen
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 242 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 04:32 PM

I am about 3 weeks into flowering and some of the stems of the fan leaves on the plant's top colas are turning a deep red. The leaf and bud colors are fine... Does anybody know what the red stems could mean? Thanks.
Replies (9)

• MkZ
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:09 PM

It can b cold stress..

• billigreen
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 242 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:40 PM

Yea... I've heard it can be cold stress. But if anything, the grow room is too warm.... Any other ideas? A nutrient defficiency?

• MkZ
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 159 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:48 PM

it could b the strain

• dankfest999
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 05:56 PM

In my first grow we did several strains at once, and a few of them started to get red-ish, or a bit purple, stems during flowering... We didnt have cold stress, thats for sure, and i can't say for sure whether or not it was nute burn/deficiency... However, since only some of the plants were affected, I would guess its possibly strain-specific

• fdebozo
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 254 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:20 PM

this is normal. many strains do this as the plant matures. many strains

• stoned since birth

• Pip
  • rastagrass
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 06:23 AM

i had some plants that turned purple and they were some pretty damn good somke for some bagseeds. so im pretty sure you will be okay.

• billigreen
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 242 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 01:51 PM

thanks fellas, were getting to the end of our first grow, its so exciting. i hope we get some perps, and we just germinated a seed we found in a bag we payed 20/gram for. some perty dank shit, hopefully it turns out to be female, but if its male i think we will cross it with one of the clones and see what that gives us.
  • Zoot Mgee likes this

• keep it green

• toastybiz
  • Old School
  • 14,226 posts

Posted 09 November 2007 - 03:25 PM

Red and purple stems and leaves could be OK or could not be -- you can't just say "yeah it's fine" or "that's a problem." True these colorations can occur naturally for certain strains and all is good. Also true that these colorations could mean temp and/or nute issues. How is your pH? Did you flush between veg and flower?

• Blues; Made by women, Played by man.

• blackmore
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 966 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:08 PM

red stems are fine.
your plant is a little stressed in flowering because it is putting most its efforts into the flowers.
that includes using nutrients stored in other leaves etc. yellowing leaves are common in flowering. use a high Phosphorus fertillizer and you should be fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users