Why would ya' waste space on Lowryder I or II???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DrBudGreengenes, Nov 6, 2007.

1. wow thanks for this.. i hadn't realized you could get such big yields with this method, i will be trying with the NL for sure:smoking:

2. CFL's start to finish ;)

3. I think the grower said straight h2o ph'ed for three weeks. You said start them in the soil they will be finished in. I'm using sagamum moss. It is soil type. If not I have the cash for whatever upgrades needed. This will be my method of growing. I hope the soil will work I like the phototron.

Attached Files:

4. [quote name='sergio']The more I think about this the better it gets. Instead of staggering clones you could stagger seedlings.

Yes you can stagger seedlings...
    look up in the upper right on the first pic you will see the next ones....gettin started

5. That Moss does not have much in it for the plants to eat....didn't it come with a lil' bag of nutes?
    He only uses PH water becuz he builds some kick-ass soil...it's filled with things that are not in "Normal" soil.

Next go round I would start with a mix of ...
    Peat moss
    Worm Castings
    Perlite
    Vermiculite
    Clean sand
    And a Bio-boost from outside....

6. Yes the moss has a base nute set up when I put it in. I have the feed a tron unit that autowaters the tron. It works really well. It's set up the get a puddle in the bottom for 23 hours a day and 1 hour dry. I'm running straight ph'ed water now I ran staight water in it for about two weeks before starting this set.I think it's pretty cool. I can't mess up the watering. I will get that list of soil goodies for my next go around. Thank you soooo much. Your the MAN!!!

7. Ok I'm getting rid of the low rider box ASAP. building a bench for the tron and a planting tray with 8 inch pots.(as many as I can fit).
    Getting good soil mix.(Fox Farm a good start?) and organic nutesthat you mentioned to me.
    Two 200 watt cfl's in reflectors to start may add more if needed. Will start 12/12 form seed with northern lights. I will flollow to the best of my ability the same formula as your first post.
    Hoping for 9 females!!:hello:

Thanks for the knowledge and glad I didn't waste that much time on the low riders. May still grow them out in a different room not sure yet. Thanks again!!!

8. Dr bud do you have any links to other cfl grows?

This grow really caught my eye and i have a few questions, maybe you know more about it.

Do you think the yield would have been higher with those 6 42W cfls you use replacing 6 of the 23w ones he used?
    Do you think the 1L pots were sufficient enough?
    Were his cfl's in random places, or all up top?
    and lastly, What would you do differently in a setup like this?
    I really like your sog cfl grow, but this one may be for me as i have a whole unfinished basement to work with.

How big is the growspace he used?

9. yer funny DrBudGreengenes!

thanks for the laugh

10. can anyone answer my questions?:(

11. So let me get this straight. The seeds were planted directly into the large pot it would grow in the entire time. It was on a 12/12 cycle the moment the seed went in. He used mostly natural PH balanced water with good soil and added some neuts every third watering?

Seems extremely simple.

12. K.I.S.S.......It's just a weed ;)

13. true dat

14. lmao i found that site 2 days ago and read for 14 hours straight one day. Some amazing things done with cfls there and i recommend everyone to browse those pages. Lots of do it yourself stuff, a 150w hps for under 40 bucks, insane things made from nothing, simply opened up my eyes:)

check it out folks, any grow you want info for there is alot of it there:D

Just one question i have DrBud. I am planning on a 12/12 from seed grow 70% Potting soil, 20%Perlite, 5% worm castings, 5% dolomite lime. Is this a good soil?

it will be 3 42w, and 3 26w cfls in a 2 sq feet flat white cab

What other things could be added to increase yield? <o:p></o:p>

15. That looks great.....ya' can't go wrong with that mix.
    I alway use as many castings as you can afford...I top dress with them all the time :)
    They contain all the "Building Blocks" a MJ plant needs...for big flavorfull Budz :wave:

16. Hey Doc. Iv'e got a couple of questions if you have a minute I would be deeply thankful.

How long do you think that Fox Farm soil can sustain the seedlings? I'm at day 32 today.

5 days ago I started to notice slight drooping of some leaves on the Northern lights.2 days ago a few were starting to yellow slightly on the lowest leaves. I know what overwatering looks like and it's way less droop than that. I water every other day PHed water. about 3/4 of a cup each. If it was over watering I think I would have noticed before seeing I have never changed the watering schedule. If anything They would require more now.

Is this what they mean when they say " they look hungry" ????

I mixed up some Flora Nova grow and fed them today for the first time.

Thanks.:smoking:

17. sergio...how are those NL doing? From what I've read FFOF has nutes to last 4-5 weeks. So you're feeding was right on time.

18. No I should have started after week 2. I think it slowed growth alot not feeding them. I waited the 4 weeks and they didn't start going good untill they were fed. May have slowed the showing of sex too. 39 days is a locg time to wait.

19. So you just 12/12 it under cfls?
    Any plants could work?