Why would ya' waste space on Lowryder I or II???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DrBudGreengenes, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Why??
    When you could have this in less time.....54 days from seed to budz :eek::eek:

This grow was done by Atmosphere over at IC Mag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    12/12 Strain Report: Northern Lights by: Nirvana

1) your experience level...This is my second garden, and the first I have tried with 12/12

2) Lighting...CFL's, 12 mounted in shoplight reflectors, 23 watts each, 276 watts total.

3) Container size...individual pots, 5.5" x 5.5" x 6" tall. Approximately 1 liter.

4) Soil recipe/mix...Foxfarm Ocean Forest organic soil and perlite, 2/3 FFOF, 1/3 perlite.

5) Watering schedule...I use the pot lift (test for weight) method, make sure to let the soil get pretty dry between waterings. Wind up watering every 2-3 days once plants get full grown.

6) Nutrients used...just plain PH'ed water first 5 weeks, Pureblend Pro Flowering formula for soil, every 3rd watering (about once per week), at the recommended strength on the container. Flushed last 2 weeks by only watering with plain water.

7) Time until sexing...6 plants total, 2 showed female at 14 days, the other 2 showed female on day 15. Also 2 males showed up, they were shown the door on day 12.

8) Total flower time...Just about 52 days (I let 2 go to day 58 just to get a more couch lock effect), trichomes picked around 30% clear;50% cloudy; 20% amber. Pistils were approximately 50% orangy dried, the other half seemed still alive and whitish. Decent bag appeal I'd say...frosty too.

9) Conclusion...I really liked growing Northern Lights by Nirvana, would definately do it again. I really had no problems, except for my shortest plant (12"!) which had one big FAT cola, super dense, it got mold in it, had to make cannabutter. I had shitty ventilation, thankfully I had low RH or mold may have been worse. I got at least an ounce of great weed from each plant (sizes: 12"; 16"; 17"; and 23") and that was with a crappy light set-up.

2. damn son. ive often wondered why people grow that lowrider stuff. seems like they grow it once realize everyone was right that it sux and that they shouldve gotton a real strain..."but it autoflowers!!" tell me the advantages of autoflowering?..........yeahi cant think of any

3. thanx for puttin it in the basic nuts-n-bolts format...if i were a + rep guy i'd give ya one but you don't need it:cool:...anyway, i like your style and good karma to you...cheers.

4. I never grew Nirvana NL 12/12 from seed but I can confirm that it is a very nice yielder. And I agree that the Lowryder hype is out of hand. About the only use I see for it is the fact that you can get multiple harvests per growing season outdoors.

5. thanks Doc thats real inspiring
    do you happen to know how long they were in Veg ???

cheers

6. They were sprouted under 12/12

7. WOW they took off real nice!! thanks Doc

cheers

8. Wow I'm really impressed by this! +rep

EDIT: Any idea what bulbs he used? Not in terms of wattage, in terms of colour.

9. Heres another one to drool over......
    "Strawberry Diesel" 12/12 from seed...
    [​IMG]

10. Hal..... over at IC mag did these......
    more proof that this is an Option.....:D
    12/12 Strain Report: Bubblelicious by: Nirvana

<HR style="COLOR: #258c25" SIZE=1>Today seems to be a day of grow updates. I am chopping my girls down today, and will be posting this preliminary report, to be updated and completed a bit in the future. Here goes!

1) your experience level...This is my 3rd time growing cannabis, 2nd with this method.

2) Lighting...nine 23 watt warm CFL's in shop lite reflectors, 207 total watts.

3) Container size...Square pots, 5.5" square & 6" tall (approx 1 liter), with 1.5" of rock in bottoms.

4) Soil recipe/mix...Foxfarm Ocean Forest soil and perlite, 2 parts FFOF to 1 part perlite.

5) Watering schedule...determined using the pot weight method, mature plants watered every 2 days.

6) Nutrients used...Plain ph'ed water first 5 weeks, Pureblend Pro for soil (flowering formula) for 4 weeks (every 3rd watering, about once a week), flushed with plain water last 3 weeks.

7) Time until sexing...Ranged from 19 to 22 days.

8) Total flower time...63 days flower time.

[​IMG]
    Bubblelicious girls day 30 of flower

[​IMG]
    Bubblelicious girls day 63 harvest day

9) Conclusion...This grow behaved quite differently than my first 12/12 from seed grow, which was using Northern Lights by Nirvana. These plants stretched much more, ranging in height from 39" (plant #2) to 31" (plant #5). This may have been due to the lighting I employed, CFL's (not having much power) may have made the plants stretch more than usual. But I used the same lights on my Northern Lights, and those plants ranged from 12" to 23". I wouldn't recommend this strain, based on this particular grow, for anyone who had serious height restrictions in their garden area. These plants were also much more branchy than the Northern Lights, so it was harder getting the CFL's in close proximity to the budding areas, which I'm guessing also impacted the final bud development.

These plants had a fairly consistent phenotype pattern for Nirvana seeds. There were 2 plants (#2 & #3) that seemed to have slightly more sativa characteristics, mostly apparent in the time it took for them to develop and ripen. Those plants also have a slightly more fuel like smell mixed with the grape gum that all the plants share. These girls smelled very strong, not much the first 5 or 6 weeks, but got progressively stronger each week after, until at harvest time they freakin reeked (yummmmmmmmmm!). Not very stealthy though.

Some things I will do different...well, I am definitely going to use larger pots to grow in. If you look at the photos comparing the halfway point and the finish point, there wasn't a heck of a lot of bud development. I think there should have been more (although the skinny stems wouldn't have handled that very well!). Those small pots only had about 4" of soil mix for the roots to grow in when you subtract the rocks in the bottom and the space left dirt free at the top of the pot. I'll likely use 1 gallon pots next time. I also want to start using a better light, those CFL's work pretty good, but I'm guessing there is no comparison to what you would get using an HPS...250 or 400 is what I would go with. I think I would try some different strains, I'd like to find some others (like the Northern Lights) that exhibit less stretch and branchiness. Of course, if the Bubblelicious turns out to be a magnificent smoke, then I would likely grow it occasionally as well.

I have no idea what the yield will be at this point (any guesses?). I will post this info, along with a smoke report, after the drying and curing process is complete...about 1 month from now. I'll also try to get some close-up shots of the manicured bud, but I will need to borrow a camera that has macro capability.

<HR style="COLOR: #258c25" SIZE=1>

11. Here are somemore.....
    wake up those who don't realize this method is the one you need to get enourmous yields in little time .

Its the fastest way to go from seed to harvest .

Day 48 from seed :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see there are fuly developed buds growing all over the plants.
    No bending, topping or repotting is done . By starting your seeds in one big amount of soil they build better roots ,thats for sure . repotting means stress, and thats avoided this way .

It is less important to get an even canopy with healthy seedplants compared to clone growing

12. These haze are amazing......

mr.nice ssh plants were grown under 10/14 from seed . They yielded 3oz per plant.... 1g per watt....

With 12/12 youll hear someone say ... "You won't get more than one oz per plant blah blah"

Everyone can yield 5 oz of a vegged plant , even a newbie ... but how many can yield 3 oz per plant ( or 1gram per watt ) from a 12/12 from seed grow ?

Lesson : Flowering 12/12 from seed shows how good a grower is ( or how good setup he has ) . Grow it bad and will turn into lowryders .. grow them good and they will yield very acceptable .

Here you are ... mrnice super silver haze grown 10/14 from seed ... day 86... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Hey doc. nice thread. I have a couple of questions.
    #1 that's not a special 12/12 stain thats the normal northern lights right?
    #2 sativa work better I know. My question is I have three differnt strains just popped and was thinking of going 12/12 now that I saw this thread. Three ak47's...three speed queens(mostly indica) and afgani/ak47 mostly indica. My question is should I start 12/12 with those strain or should I wait for all sativas?

I love this system of growing. I ordered northern lights today!!!:hello:

14. this is great Doc !! this might get me to change how I look at growing !!
    thanks , Keep the info coming!! I all ears/eye's!!

cheers

15. Now remember not ALL strains will do this well....
    Try to use seed with 40% Sativa or more.
    and ALWAYS test a strain B4 using a whole room for it :wave:

16. The more I think about this the better it gets. Instead of staggering clones you could stagger seedlings.
    My question is : Isaw you mentioned this would be a real test for a grower. Do you think it's a harder method than vegging and then flower? If it is harder why?

17. Man I feel like a thread killer. Every time I post a question the thread dies. I'm just reading from now on. Sorry!!!! Hey doc I turned my lights to 12/12 on day 4. Iwent with the whole batch. A few indicas. The K47 will work I think. Next time out Northern Lights for sure. Thanks for the info. I'll be working this method for a while. I love it.

18. *Tries to breathe life into fading thread*

19. Paddles.........Charge......CLEAR........Pow...
    That shoud wake this mother up..:D

the reason that was posted...is
    1 screw-up at all in the first 4 weeks and harvest will be cut by more than half :)
    Watering ,ferts,PH all must be perfect
    Also this works best with soil like mixes

20. Do you think that they used CFL bulbs for flowering??