Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Best way to clean a glass pipe?

• Please log in to reply

SL2SQUEEZE

SL2SQUEEZE

• Registered Upgraded
  • 637 posts
I am having some trouble cleaning the resin out of my glass pipe.

Any tips?

Similar Topics: Best way to clean a glass pipe?     x

Blazin'Talon

Blazin'Talon

Maybe just nothing

• Old School
  • 2,387 posts
Double ziploc bag it with rubbing alcohol and salt. Shake it up real good.

If you can't get it clean in a few minutes with shaking, place the bag into a bowl of hot water and let it soak in the hot alky. I cleaned the shit out of my bong slide that way this afternoon. :)

Dan Gleesac

Dan Gleesac

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,035 posts
boiling it works really nicely if you have a big hole for large chunks of resin to come out...scraping works nice so does running rubbing alcohal through it.......i always boil mine but as of late i havent needed to clean my bowls so i dont know

StonedChaos

StonedChaos

Cosmic Galaxy of Smoke

• Registered Upgraded
  • 911 posts
what about hydrogen poroxide?

dwn2earth610

dwn2earth610

5 MPH

• Registered Upgraded
  • 146 posts

what about hydrogen poroxide?

not so much. iv tried it. alc and salt shaken in a bag is the way to goo

Alphå

Alphå

Psychonaut

• Old School
  • 3,909 posts
The ziplock bag and isopsopyl alcohol + salt works wonders for me.

kkrezono

kkrezono

Homemade is Better!!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 736 posts
salt and isopsopyl alcohol OR salt and rubbing alcohol any strength

Ciscokid930

Ciscokid930

Masshole

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,348 posts
If you don't mind getting some nasty shit in your mouth (but it'll clean it great) put hydrogen peroxide , soap, or whatever you think is the best to clean with and dip the bowl in that stuff, and suck until it gets close to your mouth, then blow and suck a bunch so its going through fast and it gets everything real clean.

CaliCoast

CaliCoast

Med User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 4,468 posts
Like everyone else said, soak it it alcohol for a bit and salt helps clean those hard to reach areas.

Grassmann1

Grassmann1

Grass man, Weed Fan

• Old School
  • 1,878 posts
let it sit in some rubbing alcohol for 24 hours...

bluegrass58

bluegrass58

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Best way I have found to clean a glass pipe is to soak it in some denture cleaner stuff. Buy some of the cheap tablets at Wal-Mart and I usually use two of the tablets in a glass of warm water. Makes the pipe taste nice and clean too.

CanibasConsumer

CanibasConsumer

Orange Destiny

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,027 posts

boiling it works really nicely if you have a big hole for large chunks of resin to come out...scraping works nice so does running rubbing alcohal through it.......i always boil mine but as of late i havent needed to clean my bowls so i dont know

i've heard boiling the piece makes the glass weaker/more brittle after a while. i dunno if its true but i wouldnt risk it

macmillanophone

macmillanophone

• Registered Upgraded
  • 215 posts
Smoke more joints.

4puff2puff0pass

4puff2puff0pass

stoner

• Registered Upgraded
  • 191 posts
you could also go and buy pyrex glass cleaner like bling or formula 420. that shit works nice, but then again so does salt and rubbing alcohol. i always put my piece in a tupperware and shake it up with salt and rubbing alcohol. it works wonders. you could also let it sit and soak in it too, that would probably make it even cleaner.

hmxx

hmxx

CoD 1.3/1.5

• Registered Upgraded
  • 271 posts
Boil hot water. Pour water in a container. Leave your piece in the container for 10mins. Works like a charm.

Edit: Boiling your piece shouldn't hurt it. The glass is molded at temperatures way over the boiling water temp..

Metridixal

Metridixal

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 937 posts
I say the same thing every time. Water pick mouth cleaner filled up with alcohol and salt mixed into hot water, spray inside around with the highest setting / nossle.

Problem solved.

papiganji5666

papiganji5666

"Is that bud i smell?"

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
i wanted to know the same thing but i never asked, but i also wanted to know after u clean it with the elcohol and salt in a bag how do u get the resin from wahts cleaned out( i mean out of the alcohol and salt mixture in the bag)?

thejackal1

thejackal1

• Registered Upgraded
  • 168 posts
the resin will be in the bag with the liquid, just rinse with water and its clean as new.

Hello Kitty

Hello Kitty

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 404 posts
Put alcohol and salt in a bag and shake it up. Don't smoke nasty resin.

Green Ganja

Green Ganja

King of the Bong Force

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,107 posts
if i boil it . should i put the water in a diffrent container then my pipe in there or just put my pipe into the boiling pot ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users