Build it and THEY will grow!! Stealth Grow Box Design

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by RobsGreen, Oct 17, 2007.

1. wow. You had a really good turnout especially with all the problems you had. I'm about to start my first official setup/grow and still havent decided on Hydro or Soil, but from the looks of your success, i might have to try out the Lucas Method.

Is it alot easier than it looks? I found the Lucas Method and it looks confusing as hell.

CONGRATS on the grow!
    :hello:

2. Yeah things went ok, this shows how much abuse the plant can take and still produce. The beginning is the hardest if you start with seeds but once it starts growing it gets easier. Of course I recommend hydro and yeah the Lucas formula is very easy. You get your water, add micro, stir it up, then add twice the amount of bloom, stir it up, take a reading with your TDS meter and if you get the PPM number you want you have enough nutes if not do the same as above until you get your number, if you go over just add more water. Once your happy with your PPM then you check you PH and adjust it to 5.6ish. That's all there is to it. Good luck with Mary Jane, she'll threat you nice if you threat her nice.:smoke:

3. yeah man i was confused too in the begining
    if someone could show me what i need to do (like i do it now and how rob just told you)
    i would say "WTF! thats it? damnn... to easy - u must be missing something"

4. hey robs just wanted to pick your brain a little bit. I finally got my cabinet built, but i haven't put everything in it yet. The cabinet is airtight (I think) except for the door, do you think a centrifugal fan similar to the one you used will pull the door enough to seal it most of the way? Also, I am considering ordering a 400 watt intercooled hps light. I was wondering how the 250 watt you put in affected the temperature of the cabinet. My cabinet is almost the same size and I just wanted to know if the more powerful light would create problems. I seem to have the same problem as you when it comes to costs of materials, this stuff gets pricey, if it turns out anything like yours though it will be totally worth it.

5. Yeah for sure, thats why I'm around to try and help and learn of course. Air tight isn't too serious as long as you have it light proof, thats the killer. If you screw a board to the inside of one of the doors you will have something so light doesn't come through the crack when you close them. A good way to test if its light proof is have your 400w light setup and turned on, then get the room as dark as you can, sit there for 10min so your eyes adjust and look around the edges for light. If nothing comes out you'll be ok. Its important to let your eyes adjust in the dark. If your cab's the same size then I would say go with the 400w as long as its enclosed and air cooled with a vortex type fan. If your room temp is decent you shouldn't have any problems with heat. Your right the stuff does certainly add up but if you do it right you'll get good results and not have to do it over the next grow because you weren't happy. I've done that lots. My very first light should have been a 400w. Happy growing!:smoke:

6. Dude, you're awesome. This box turned out great and I love it.

7. Thanks, too bad I didn't use it for more then one grow. :)

8. Hey guys, how's it going? Do you have room in your heart for one more site? You're all stoners so sign up with the same info change your bookmark and you'll never know the difference. :eek:

Marijuana: Good or Bad?