Above The Ignorance

Discussion in 'General' started by RedSorcerer, Oct 7, 2007.

1. So my fellow tokers, I've decided to undertake a project that shall hopefully somehow benefit stoner-kind.

Long story short, abovetheinfluence is trademarked by their video advertisements.
    Hundreds of website hits per day are generated by people who go on the website to watch the ads.

I figured, let's create our own video ads? Perhaps for Above The Ignorance?

Just get the ol' video camera out, come up with some good skits, and spread the truth to the public. =]

What do you guys think? Anyone willing to help?

PS. I'm not much of a morning person so forgive me if this makes little to no sense.

:smoke:

2. that's actually a GREAT idea.

3. hell yes it would be.

+rep

Let me think of a way I could contribute.

I have a webcam, I wonder if I can use it to record a video (Ive never used it, its built into my laptop)

4. Thats a pretty good idea, but I know any video I make will just make us look worse.

5. A webcam could work, but I've actually got a fairly good, full scale video camera.
    Thanks a lot for the positive reinforcement and encouragement guys.

I know if we all work together on this we can accomplish a hell of a lot.

6. Actually, above the ignorance looks like its even smaller and less funded than this site.

Itd almost be better to put together a program within this site. Or did someone from here create abovetheignorance.org?

If not, I think itd be a great idea to make our own organization... just an idea

EDIT- damn you must be a cool cat, i cant leave u rep again, i guess ive done it reccently.

7. I'm alright with video editing and stuff like that.
    But we eventually need to come up with some scripts for the videos.
    (Catch phrases, morals, and creative witty lines are ALL welcome)
    Throw up your suggestions. I'll give them all fair thought and consideration =]

:bongin:

8. If I remember correctly, Scapris created the ATI site. :)

9. Haha, thanks for the support bro.
    Above the Ignorance WAS created by some respectable fellow blades.
    We already have a pretty cool niche with that site, and I'd be more than honored to help expand it.

Perhaps a combined effort between Above the Ignorance and the City?

:smoking:

10. I believe you're correct Hempress.
    Wasn't it a combined effort of Scapris and another fellow blade?

11. Well im not trying to diss anyone.. but that BB is a free BB, they dont even have the funding to get a decent website?

Grasscity should organize its own reform organization. itd be much much more powerful than starting something completely new.

12. You could show a crackhead stealing a car, a heroin addict comming down, and an alcholic that got into an accident then show a MJ user making dinner and after that make the screen go black with the words "Fair?"

its just wrong that MJ is classified as a drug when those are the things that other drugs make ppl do

13. THAT'S genius =]
    I love that idea.
    Definitely going into the top entries.

14. rofl.. thatd be funny, or make the MJ users be like.. 2-3 people sitting on the couch, watching family guy. and make sure the family guy episode in the ad, was one that showed a clip about marijuana (not hard with family guy)

15. whomever created or will create such a site better not focus on weed

it's bias considering the above the influence fuckwits cover the whole lot of 'evil' drugs thus any site pushing the opposite better have valid info on all the chemicals they bad mouth

this means NOT bashing chemicals you don't take rather promoting healthy use of all drugs

if thats not the case I won't bother checking the site out since it's the same shit as above the influence

16. You're absolutely right, which is why we must center our ideas to promote "Healthy Use Of All Drugs."

We'll need some ideas for scripts all around the drug board.

17. i can contribute ideas for videos! but then again anyone can

18. No, that's good!
    We need those ideas. =D

19. Hey guys, here's a little mockup I made really quick.
    I'm trying to phase the video so that rather than demoting all hard drugs, it simply says don't abuse drugs.
    Let me know what you think.

HERE IT IS:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ViigGYBOR5U"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ViigGYBOR5U" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

20. Ok it's pretty much official, the mockup kinda sucked.
    But for god's sake it was a 15 minute effort.
    Frieken need to find my video camera charger too.