Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

BONG REVIEW: Crystal Fog Mini - "Lux-Mini" Inspired

• Please log in to reply

MuttMunchies

MuttMunchies

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,410 posts
14" Crystal Fog
5.9 mm thickness (compare to Lux mini at 3.97mm)
Beaker bottom (but rounded similar to the Lux)
3-arm perc tree with open ended arms (compare to the 4-arm lux mini with slitted bottom arms)
Ice pinches allows 3 full cubes, but no splashgaurd (compare to lux which has a splashgaurd and can allow 1 full sized cube)
Crystal Fog "roor-newstyle" inspired diffuser
Came with a Crystal fog stock bowl not pictured.
Got this setup for $145. these are priced around $175-180 (depending on who you are and how bad they can rip you off lol. but id say $160 is the avg price this thing sells for)

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

2 rows of holes + 1 at the bottom
Posted Image

quick video:
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://img.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v298/huntjump/IMGP4299-1.flv"></embed>

Breakdown:
  • Equal in height
  • Similar in Shape
  • Crystal Fog about 2mm thicker than Lux Mini
  • Crystal Fog can hold more ice than Lux Mini
  • Lux mini has a splashgaurd, C-fog does not
  • C-fog has 3-arm, open ended arm perc tree, Lux Mini has a 4-arm. Some people prefer the 3-arm, others prefer the 4-arm. Also, some smokers like a perc tree with open ended arms as opposed to the slitted bottom.
  • Both come with diffusers, but the C-fog comes with the roor-style poked holes, while the lux comes with the diamond cut slitted diffuser. Both are good, comes down to the smokers preference. I enjoy the hole'd diffusers more
  • C-fog quite a bit cheaper, saving me $70+

Overall:
I was really impressed with the quality of this tube, especially for the price. It is inspired from the Lux mini of course, but has a few improvements and some minor drawbacks. The extra 2mm of glass you get is pretty amazing especially since its cheaper. The open ended perc arms flow amazing, i was really impressed. The roor inspired diffuser is also pretty damn good, light years ahead of the Phx and just a bit sloppier than the roor new style diffusers.
I actually like the 3-arm perc chambers, they flow great. The lux mini 4-arms are awesome too and are great pieces. I would recommend a C-fog to anyone who either cannot find a lux mini, or wants to save over $70 but get something about equal.

lizardking

lizardking

natural born hitter

• Registered Upgraded
  • 398 posts
either im blind or you didnt say how much it ran you lol

MuttMunchies

MuttMunchies

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,410 posts
you blind :D

shasta

shasta

Have A Nice Day

• Registered Upgraded
  • 844 posts
Damn, I just tried to post in the double posted thread but I didnt make it in time.

How bad is the splash when you dont use ice? It was a big problem for me in my old midsize cfog perc. It was basically identical to the mini just scaled up. Those things do feel nice in the hand though. They feel like you could beat an intuder over the head with them.

MuttMunchies

MuttMunchies

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,410 posts

Damn, I just tried to post in the double posted thread but I didnt make it in time.

How bad is the splash when you dont use ice? It was a big problem for me in my old midsize cfog perc. It was basically identical to the mini just scaled up. Those things do feel nice in the hand though. They feel like you could beat an intuder over the head with them.

lol yea the ~6mm glass tubing is really a nice feel/weight. Sorry about the double post.

i own some roors with the splash gaurd and its the best thing to have with a perc no doubt...however, this c-fog really doesnt give me any problems wiht splash back unless someone really pulls hard on the tube. From the pics, you can see ice isnt always used. But with 3 ice cubes dropped in, id say splash isnt a problem at all.
Oh and the key is to have a diffuser that extends all the way to the bottom and toward the back. The diffuser that way doesnt splash up into the perc chamber

shasta

shasta

Have A Nice Day

• Registered Upgraded
  • 844 posts
Yeah, I would actually assume that the splash might be less in the mini than in the other cfogs. The larger bore gives more space/angles for the water to splash up at you compared to the smaller bore. The ice notches on a mini probably give good coverage too. I really like cfog notches. I know the chance of ever breaking the notches out of my roors or lux is almost nonexistent but it still make me nervous. The cfog notches are so gnarly and the more shallow angle looks stronger. My next living room/travel piece is going to be a cfog or bd straight tube.

MuttMunchies

MuttMunchies

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,410 posts

Yeah, I would actually assume that the splash might be less in the mini than in the other cfogs. The larger bore gives more space/angles for the water to splash up at you compared to the smaller bore. The ice notches on a mini probably give good coverage too. I really like cfog notches. I know the chance of ever breaking the notches out of my roors or lux is almost nonexistent but it still make me nervous. The cfog notches are so gnarly and the more shallow angle looks stronger. My next living room/travel piece is going to be a cfog or bd straight tube.

yea i like the cfog pinches too. This would be a perfect travel piece

Phat-Toi

Phat-Toi

Herb'N Legend

• Old School
  • 4,332 posts
nice cfog mutt, looks like a smooth toke

S2THEM

S2THEM

• Registered Upgraded
  • 710 posts
looks real nice
where did you get this
can you get them online
i always wanted a lux but they dont have to many in pa

MuttMunchies

MuttMunchies

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,410 posts
Northern Cali. I think these might only be sold local and in california

Chronsesh4

Chronsesh4

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Where can you buy a LUX Bong?

GreenRevolution

GreenRevolution

• Registered Upgraded
  • 257 posts
lux mini are they still not avaliable online?

hpidriver

hpidriver

floatin on the layer cake

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,961 posts

lux mini are they still not avaliable online?

Sorry but I highly doubt you will ever find an online shop that starts selling legit Lux.

I LOVE FOOD

I LOVE FOOD

• Registered Upgraded
  • 970 posts
I'm digging the glass and the milkshots. Have fun with that, man!

spaceman46&2

spaceman46&2

Wogmongler

• Registered Upgraded
  • 330 posts
Looks damn nice.

hpidriver

hpidriver

floatin on the layer cake

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,961 posts
FYI this thread is a year old.