Were Shaggy and Scooby Doo really stoners?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by eleven357, Sep 16, 2007.

1. NO...it was a comic bok in the 50's...your taking it way out of context, same goes for alice in wonderland

2. It is a cartoon that started at the end of the sixties that still endures today.

3. Lewis Carrol used laudanum which is a tincture of opium. He thought up Alice in Wonderland because he was on opium. How else would he have though all of the stuff up. And Shaggy and Scoob were definately stoners. Everything about them points to stoner. Just look at how they walk.

4. Haha they def were. Could you tell the way scooby could talk, I mean come on a dog talking. Definitely a stoner. Its probably my favorite show when it was on all the time.

5. dammit no im gonna have to watch some scooby doo the next time i get baked :hello:

6. Scooby Snacks are Quaalude's.:devious:

7. without a doubt:smoking:

8. <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fyJslztvqf0&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fyJslztvqf0&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

9. I Love that episode. :D:D:D I have the entire collection of the harvey birdman series.

10. Oh shit! I never realized this before until now.

Wow. TOTAL stoners there. Haha.

11. ...not to mention 'Scooby "Doobie" Doo'!

12. Harvey Birdman is the shit.

[​IMG]
    "Sit Down!....................Not there, there! There! Not there, there! HaHA! There...."

13. "like Zoinks!!! Scoob!"

14. The implications of marijuana use are what made that show popular.
    Kids could watch and giggle and parents could say haha no one knows their potheads?
    Something for everyone.

I had the nickname shaggy for a while. It died and I was disappointed.
    I have this bowl named scooby too.

15. I had the nickname shaggy also in High School. heh.:D

16. I read somewhere that the original voice actor for Shaggy always had a problem with the implications that Shaggy and Scooby were stoners. Mainly the fact that they were constantly hungry.

17. Shaggy = Schwaggy
    Scooby = Doobie

There are so many hints that those two are stoners, it's amazing. The writers of the show had to have done it on purpose