Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Grasscity.com 420 Sale - 25% Discount

Marijuana And Paranoia

• Please log in to reply

marygoround

marygoround

On my 800th bic.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 538 posts
Marijuana and Paranoia seems to go hand and hand for a lot of people. I would like to start out by saying that when I first started getting into weed I used to get panic attacks every time which was just about everyday for two months. I studied my parnoia and what triggered it. Below I will give some information about the parnoia and ways to help.

What is paranoia?
A psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution with or without grandeur, often strenuously defended with apparent logic and reason.
Basically just fear ranging from slight to imense ammounts.

Why is paranoia triggered by marijuana?
THC is a psychoactive compound and it should not be unexpected that some negative reactions or "side effects" could occur in a small number of individuals.

I believe that marijuana triggers panic attacks and anxiety attacks to the people who are susceptible to it. See a lot of people are susceptible to paranoia and panic attacks for a few reasons. One reason being strees. Stress has a dramatic effect on your health, not only marijuana related. It can cause serious health problems and weakens the immune system. Now why would stress cause me to have panic attacks? Simple, the stress puts a large burden on you whether you realize it or not. Now marijuana has been known to open up doors in your mind that you thought were closed for good. Another reason is simply people read/watch/listen to to much bullshit. A lot of people think marijuana causes heart attacks and increases your chance.. BS. The increase in heart rate from marijuana is a mild 10-15 BPM (Beats Per Minute). Only time that would cause a heart attack is when people have heart problems such as angina, heart disease, etc. Also the increase in heart rate lasts for around 15-60 minutes. So if you can walk non stop for 15-60 minutes without heart pain, you can smoke marijuana. A third reason is because people think they will get caught by police, parents, friends, teachers, etc.. Ok this is understandable. But if you smoke your shit right and take the proper precautions and do it respectably this should not happen. Here are some tips for dealing with the paranoia and panic attacks.

1) Breath. Breath deep in the nose hold for 3 seconds and exhale through the mouth.
2) Music. Play some laid back music, and sing with it. Singing to your favorite rap or rock song will make you think about it and pay attention to singing it thus getting your mind off the panic attack / paranoia attack.
3) Friends. Smoke with friends for a while, experienced ones also. They know the deal and if they are real friends they will aid you threw this.
4) Comfortability. Smoke when your comfortable. Dont force yourself to do it, wait till your read, it will happen if you follow my tips and do some of your own self-help.
5) Smoke during the day. A lot of people get afraid when walking threw the street at night high as fuck.
6) Keep active. Don't sit down and think about it and provoke it.
7) Talk to yourself. Reassure yourself that marijuana has never killed or caused any health problems to anyone. NO ONE HAS DIED FROM MJ. It's safer then cigs and alcky and pills.
8) TV/School/etc. = bullshit. If you are getting scared because of what you read, heard watched or saw on the tv, in school, on the PC, etc.. THEY WON. They want to scare you so you don't do it. Know don't let them keep you from enjoying this god created herb. Tell them to fuck off.
9) Do not lay down on your left side, this has been known to trigger panic attacks.
10) Stay active. If the panic/parnoia is racing threw your mind get yourself active until it simmers down a bit then do the self-talk. remember to do breathing excersises.
11) ELIMINATE THE BULLSHIT IN YOUR LIFE. If you are worried about stuff, stressing, scared, or have some negativities in your life, marijuana may trigger off paranoia / anxiety as a result.
12) Do not do anything that would make you paranoid or suffer anxiety attacks while sober.

Some facts:

Is it possible for people to really be allergic to marijuana:
Yes. But the chances are low and 90% of people who think they are, are just paranoid or unstable. I think around 1-3% of the world is alergic to marijuana, or hashish.

Does getting fucking blitzed out the ass increase chance of paranoia?
Yes. Take a simple bowl hit and wait 15 minutes. If no paranoia or anxiety comes foruth and you want to get a bit more enlightened, then take another bowl hit and wait 15 mins. With joints/blunts take around 2-3 hits clip and wait 15. Bongs, Vaps, etc.. Fuck you up a lot more, so don't try these until you get a grasp on your paranoia/anxiety.

Does marijuana pose a health risk:
Yes, but barely. Serious healthrisk include NOTHING
The worst thing you have to look forward to when smoking weed is eating to much, and memory problems.

Marijuana make you brain dead?:
Yes and No. Some people have the ability to be able to attend class/work while high and learn just as good or better then when they are sober. For some people it's quite the opposite. Try it on a boring day of school/work not a test day/study day/ etc..

Are there strains that contain no paranoia?
Yes, to the best of my knowledge G-13 is the only one I know of. I'm sure that if there are any others, people on the forums will post it and I shall add it.

And now the closing.
Marijuana is a wonderful herb put on this earth for man to enjoy. Being said, that doesn't mean you can abuse it. Treat the herb good and responsible and the rewards will be amazing. Don't stress shit. Keep your head clear and keep bullshit out. We spend such little time on this world, there is no time to stress the dumb shit. If your paranoid about smoking the jay you just rolled, try talking to yourself and changing the envitornment or adjust yours and get into a comfortable one. If your still worried, keep reading this and practicing the tips along with other guides found on the internet. The herb will always be there, and it will wait for you to ready yourself up for it. Time is all it takes and effort of course. I would like to wish all the smokers suffering from paranoia / anxiety the best of luck with overcoming this obstacle and I hope and pray that you over come this. And as for all the other smokers, happy toking.

P.S. - I was pretty high when I wrote this and i'm sure there is some information I forgot and i'll edit it as I remember.
  • sky likes this

Similar Topics: Marijuana And Paranoia     x

sky

sky

why is the blue sky?

• Registered Upgraded
  • 280 posts
some good advice, well put.:)

chokedtocroak

chokedtocroak

green thumb science!

• Bronze Member
  • 781 posts

Dread7Green

Dread7Green

Seasoned User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,234 posts

Are there strains that contain no paranoia?
Yes, to the best of my knowledge G-13 is the only one I know of. I'm sure that if there are any others, people on the forums will post it and I shall add it

Um ... what the fuck are you talking about? How the hell can strain contain no paranoia?

Wow

Beastials

Beastials

Paid Programming

• Registered Upgraded
  • 253 posts
i wouldnt say that THC causes the paranoia, more so that it being illegal puts a natural paranoid person over the edge. kinda like when you suddenly see a police officer, itll suprise the high right out of ya. fear and consiquence can have a lot of control over somebody

Shiftu

Shiftu

• Registered Upgraded
  • 118 posts

Um ... what the fuck are you talking about? How the hell can strain contain no paranoia?

Wow

I agree with you, i think its more the person and their personality that makes them paranoid, though i have heard that something about the high recieved from G-13 makes you more relaxed and causes you to not experience paranoia.

If anyone would like for me to test it out for them, i'd be glad to - just send me a gram of true G-13, and i'll smoke it then get back to you :smoke:

rast4man

rast4man

Wait, what!?

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I agree with this post 100%. I suffer from acute anxiety/panic and I have had to do the self-talks many times reassuring me that no one has died off weed. The breathing part of the post is imperative not just for anxious moments, but for 10 minutes a day. By relaxing and breathing deeply, we are clearing our head of the garbage and letting our body and mind slow down.

I prefer to smoke with friends and friends only. They all know there will be times that I will get squirmy, and they understand. We talk about it, I come down to Earth again and then I can resume my enlightened high.

If I could rep for the post I certainly would.

Respect.

CH3VELLE

CH3VELLE

• Registered Upgraded
  • 680 posts
a clear conscience doesnt hurt either.

Beastials

Beastials

Paid Programming

• Registered Upgraded
  • 253 posts

I agree with this post 100%. I suffer from acute anxiety/panic and I have had to do the self-talks many times reassuring me that no one has died off weed. The breathing part of the post is imperative not just for anxious moments, but for 10 minutes a day. By relaxing and breathing deeply, we are clearing our head of the garbage and letting our body and mind slow down.

I prefer to smoke with friends and friends only. They all know there will be times that I will get squirmy, and they understand. We talk about it, I come down to Earth again and then I can resume my enlightened high.

If I could rep for the post I certainly would.

Respect.

that must be tough, my girl has panic and anxiety attacks a lot, the main culprit is stress for her. she only gets nervous right before we smoke and shell have me check outside to make sure no one shows up. but once we get into it she relaxes and rarely has attacks. which is good because its hard to see someone have an attack and barely helpout

Dread7Green

Dread7Green

Seasoned User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,234 posts

a clear conscience doesnt hurt either.

fo sho ... that is the key

Guest_thebu3no_*

Guest_thebu3no_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
I agree with the poster as well. I'm an extremely paranoid, anxious person whether I'm smoking or not. When I smoke I just find more reasons to be paranoid about something. A friend of mine that I smoke with gets a lot of different types and I never know what strain I'm smoking, and while I definitely agree it's mind over matter and the mood the person is in most of the time, I've smoked weed before that just made me feel great with no paranoia even in a packed bar, which usually freaks me out.

I can't say too much though, I've only been smoking for a couple months, and not too much, but when I'm high I really try to dissect my thoughts, and decide which thoughts are because of the weed and which aren't.

Horus XCIII

Horus XCIII

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,287 posts
Great post. A couple of weeks ago we were getting a girl stoned for I *think* her first time. We'd just finished the fifth or sixth bowl + a blunt (probably way too much for a newbie hehe), and she just yelled "The bowl's so hot!"
"Well yeah it's metal, hold it by the plastic part"
"THE BOWL'S TOO HOT! MY HEART'S NOT BEATING!" and starts running around the apartment. The she lay down on the couch and was hyperventilating really bad, but she finally calmed down after her boyfriend talked to her. For about an hour or two after that she was too scared to leave the house, then she passed out.

marygoround

marygoround

On my 800th bic.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 538 posts

Wow

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G-13

Please read. Also THERE are strains that do not cause paranoia. www.google.com and do your research.

Grassmann1

Grassmann1

Grass man, Weed Fan

• Old School
  • 1,878 posts

Great post. A couple of weeks ago we were getting a girl stoned for I *think* her first time. We'd just finished the fifth or sixth bowl + a blunt (probably way too much for a newbie hehe), and she just yelled "The bowl's so hot!"
"Well yeah it's metal, hold it by the plastic part"
"THE BOWL'S TOO HOT! MY HEART'S NOT BEATING!" and starts running around the apartment. The she lay down on the couch and was hyperventilating really bad, but she finally calmed down after her boyfriend talked to her. For about an hour or two after that she was too scared to leave the house, then she passed out.

That reminds me of a girl back in the day who was at a party and was drinking and smoking too much - a couple mins later she was outside in the front yard on the ground hypervenilating - I thought it was pretty funny cause this girl has a stick up her ass

alicedee07

alicedee07

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,775 posts
+rep for this post man. I used to suffer from paranoia in my life but when I eliminated a lot of bullshit from my life I've been so much better.

marygoround

marygoround

On my 800th bic.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 538 posts
Thank you

XxmoravenXX

XxmoravenXX

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been smoking weed off and on for about a year now, and I have only had 2 really bad experiences with it. One time I took 2 huge hits right in a row, and it fucked me up baaad. I started getting SUPER paranoid, and it lasted for about 2 hours until I eventually chilled out and went to sleep. The next day or 2 I was still kinda dazed, but I eventually regained composure. I still smoked a good bit, and never got that kind of paranoia again. I quit smoking for about 6 months, and I recently started again about a month ago. We got some pretty dank stuff recently, and last Saturday was the first time I smoked it. Everything was cool that night, and I smoked a good bit, and kind of got to that enlightened state of highness, but nothing more. Well, last Tuesday, I got neighbor off a bong hit, then like maybe a minute later I took full green off of the bong, and I got fucked up bad. I got really paranoid and honestly I felt really fucked up. Well, it's Saturday now, and I still haven't fully recovered from it. It's gotten better, but I am still kinda dazed a little, and I'm hoping there isn't any serious psychological effects I have to worry about. I read online that smoking weed could trigger psychosis in some people, but I honestly don't think I have that. I'm just wondering if anyone else has gotten really fucked up off potent weed and had weird feelings for a couple days.

marygoround

marygoround

On my 800th bic.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 538 posts

I have been smoking weed off and on for about a year now, and I have only had 2 really bad experiences with it. One time I took 2 huge hits right in a row, and it fucked me up baaad. I started getting SUPER paranoid, and it lasted for about 2 hours until I eventually chilled out and went to sleep. The next day or 2 I was still kinda dazed, but I eventually regained composure. I still smoked a good bit, and never got that kind of paranoia again. I quit smoking for about 6 months, and I recently started again about a month ago. We got some pretty dank stuff recently, and last Saturday was the first time I smoked it. Everything was cool that night, and I smoked a good bit, and kind of got to that enlightened state of highness, but nothing more. Well, last Tuesday, I got neighbor off a bong hit, then like maybe a minute later I took full green off of the bong, and I got fucked up bad. I got really paranoid and honestly I felt really fucked up. Well, it's Saturday now, and I still haven't fully recovered from it. It's gotten better, but I am still kinda dazed a little, and I'm hoping there isn't any serious psychological effects I have to worry about. I read online that smoking weed could trigger psychosis in some people, but I honestly don't think I have that. I'm just wondering if anyone else has gotten really fucked up off potent weed and had weird feelings for a couple days.

Its all in your mind bro. Talk to yourself, and reassure yourself. This is somewhat common. The after affects, simply put, is your mind worrying. Basically stop reading the BS online. Not one reported death has been recorded as a result of marijuana. The marijuana being said to cause psychosis in some people, is SEMI TRUE. It's only people who are vulnerable to it. usually people who already have some sort of pshyosis and what not. I'm 99% sure your fine, it's just your head playing with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users