Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Weed + psychotic break, true story

• Please log in to reply

Horus XCIII

Horus XCIII

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,287 posts
So my friend smoked a half-bowl of some mids I gave him. The next day he was calling me saying it was laced. After he smoked it, he apparently had some really frightening/intense hallucinations; at one point he thought he was in Scooby Doo, at another he thought he was a ninja turtle with a mustache. As the trip progressed he said he felt like he was living 10,000 lives and was being reincarnated over and over again, and when my other friend who was with him got him home he started screaming "I'M GONNA KILL MYSELF".

Luckily he was in no state to actually go about the motions of this. At first I thought his drink was laced or something, but then he said it only lasted four hours. Also, according to my friend who was there, his pupils were very dilated, so that points to a drug. The other thing that makes me suspicious it wasn't a drug is the whole "I'm in scooby doo" thing. Reincarnation sounds like shrooms/cid (more like shrooms if you ask me), but thinking your in a cartoon sounds like one of those stupid stories you hear in high school by kids who've really never done a psychedelic and whose entire perception of them are based on Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Posted Image

He's not mentally a stable guy, so maybe it was a psychotic break of some kind? But I always thought psychotic breaks were more like hearing voices and stuff like that.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what happened? Any psychedelics that would have such a short duration but cause such incredible effects? He was really shaken by the whole thing and I'm worried about him. Also the weed definitely wasn't laced. I had a whole ounce and had been chainsmoking joints all day for quite awhile and never felt anything like that, just a really pleasant giggly sativa high.

Horus XCIII

Horus XCIII

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,287 posts
Also, this is a copy-pasta of something I wrote on another forum. I really think he was just 'on the verge' and the weed pushed him over. Here's another copy-pasta:

"I've gotten more info about my friend recently. Like one time he tried to stab my friend with a pair of scissors while he was stoned. It started out as just playing around but then he was really chasing him around slashing everything until the other guy who was there got behind him and took him down.

I think he has some sort of mental illness. Really nice guy but yeah . . . not the safest dude to hang out with."

The Lex

The Lex

You don't know man...

• Registered Upgraded
  • 251 posts
how much does your friend usually smoke? my unlce is psychzo(sp?) and my cuz(his son) can do/say some fucked up shit after smoking. if he isn't 'mentally stable' i would say maybe he just had a bad trip to weed? although that is probly only if he as a super low tolerance or something. anyway yea....scary dude.

Chaohinon

Chaohinon

mountainarchy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,431 posts
Don't let him smoke weed, talk to his family/guardians if it comes to that. Most stoners don't want to accept this, but marijuana has been shown to negatively affect mentally unstable individuals and it's simply not safe for him to use it.

alicedee07

alicedee07

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,786 posts
Definitely doesn't sound like a psychotic break. When I hear psychotic break I think paranoid delusions and auditory hallucinations, symptoms that correlate with schizophrenia symptoms. Sounds to me he was on something else other than cannabis. Dilated pupils definitely point to some other drug. Schizophrenics and psychotics don't have dilated pupils during their episodes.

-wIdow

-wIdow

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
he doesn't smoke much does he? I dont know how many times I've heard of "noobs" thinking there weed was laced.

Horus XCIII

Horus XCIII

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,287 posts

Definitely doesn't sound like a psychotic break. When I hear psychotic break I think paranoid delusions and auditory hallucinations, symptoms that correlate with schizophrenia symptoms. Sounds to me he was on something else other than cannabis. Dilated pupils definitely point to some other drug. Schizophrenics and psychotics don't have dilated pupils during their episodes.

Yeah but extreme fear dilates your pupils; and like I said, 4 hours doesn't sound right for any hallucinogen I know of.

He's not new to smoking, but he was never a heavy smoker either. like twice a week to once every couple of weeks for a long time, then he stopped because he was on probation. He definitely had a low tolerance, but come on it was a half-bowl of mids :)

primetime21335

primetime21335

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,628 posts
Even OK weed can mess with certain people real bad. I don't feel like getting into it, but aonther poster here got sold some tree. He smoked it with his buddy and his buddy totally tweeked. Wanted to call his mom and shiz, they called me i told him to chill the fuck out, its not laced, he's just high, and to relax for an hour it will go away.
It did.
He'll never do it again.

dav3k

dav3k

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 627 posts

I have mild auditory hallucinations when high sometimes, and sometimes in my fuzzy week after. I think I'm totally sane. It's because I allready have quite an imagination, and weed puts it on overdrive, and you interpret sounds diffrently. If I'm not sane, I've never chased anyone with scisors.

Sounds like someone coulda slipped him something tho. And depending on his toletance, some dank or lots of mids can sure as hell cause hallucinations and feling like you are in cartoom worlds. Has no one here ever just smoked a quarter an seen shit, like open eye hallucinations, like what people describe as mild LSD, salvia, shrooms, or mesceline experiances? I sure have.

Also, I don't remember how long it lasted, I slept it off, but once I had some ket on some sketchy weed, I found out after. It was pure hell, and say twice what I had, and I can almost imagine stuff like that happening.

(edit)Also some people only get as high as everyone else, but for whatever reason they just are more weirded out by it, like the "TEH OMGZ ITS LACED!!!!111one!!!1" kinda stuff, just because they don't know what high is. I'm a lightweight, so I defnitly see how some people could just have to little tolerance to smoke. I take one bong hit to get a nice buzz, on absolute dirt at that. I keep up with everyone, but that's cause I hold it well. I'm like seeing music and tracers and hearing stuff when they finially get past buzzed lol.

Leif

Leif

That shits goooood...

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,287 posts
Lately when I've been high, I've heard ringing in my head. Anybody ever fucked around with inhalants? Air Duster makes me hear loud beeping. It was sorta like that, just not loud.

By the way, I'm not saying try inhalants. They kill far too many braincells. Stick with the ganj.

fanturo

fanturo

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Similar thing also happened to me. I am a midnight toker since 1993. I don't have any psychological problems or whatsoever.

But at Jul 2011 I have experienced something horrible. I was smoking as usual but this time a different strain. A very powerful haze. (Super Silver Haze). After smoking that strain for like 2 weeks I lost contact with the reality. I understood something was wrong and I immediately stopped using it. But stopping it did not help. I started to see hallucinations. I experienced the same reincarnation stuff that your friend has experienced. I thought even I was talking to god.  I knew it was not true so I asked for help. I was hospitalized for 2 weeks and doctors could not explain the situation. They said it might be related to cannabis. They found no psychological disorders and they did not even prescribe any medicine to me.  But I got scared and stopped smoking dope for like 1 year.

At 2012 I started to use cannabis again but this time I decided not to smoke but make some space cakes occasionally. I had no problems till Jul 2013... At Jul 2013 we made a cake with a similar haze strain.. After I ate it I have experienced similar things. But this time was weaker.... I stopped consuming cannabis now as I am sure cannabis might trigger psychosis.

Psychosis is a very dangerous experience. You might think that you are talking to god, you might think that you are Jesus etc. 

So my advice is consume marijuana responsibly. Strong strains and long term usage can give you harm.

MrGravityBong

MrGravityBong

• Registered Upgraded
  • 772 posts
If that bitch tried to stab me with scissors I would beat him to death with a cucumber

MrGravityBong

MrGravityBong

• Registered Upgraded
  • 772 posts

Lately when I've been high, I've heard ringing in my head. Anybody ever fucked around with inhalants? Air Duster makes me hear loud beeping. It was sorta like that, just not loud.

By the way, I'm not saying try inhalants. They kill far too many braincells. Stick with the ganj.

Not to scare you but look into that man. Ringing can be a sign of brain damage

xpurplehaze420x

xpurplehaze420x

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,000 posts

Similar thing also happened to me. I am a midnight toker since 1993. I don't have any psychological problems or whatsoever.

But at Jul 2011 I have experienced something horrible. I was smoking as usual but this time a different strain. A very powerful haze. (Super Silver Haze). After smoking that strain for like 2 weeks I lost contact with the reality. I understood something was wrong and I immediately stopped using it. But stopping it did not help. I started to see hallucinations. I experienced the same reincarnation stuff that your friend has experienced. I thought even I was talking to god. I knew it was not true so I asked for help. I was hospitalized for 2 weeks and doctors could not explain the situation. They said it might be related to cannabis. They found no psychological disorders and they did not even prescribe any medicine to me. But I got scared and stopped smoking dope for like 1 year.

At 2012 I started to use cannabis again but this time I decided not to smoke but make some space cakes occasionally. I had no problems till Jul 2013... At Jul 2013 we made a cake with a similar haze strain.. After I ate it I have experienced similar things. But this time was weaker.... I stopped consuming cannabis now as I am sure cannabis might trigger psychosis.

Psychosis is a very dangerous experience. You might think that you are talking to god, you might think that you are Jesus etc.

So my advice is consume marijuana responsibly. Strong strains and long term usage can give you harm.

Sounds like the hazes are fucking with your head, was it a sativa strain? Theyve got a higher thc/cbd ratio and that can fuck with your head pretty bad.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users