Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Grasscity.com 420 Sale - 25% Discount

Boiling a metal pipe?

• Please log in to reply

blacklabel

blacklabel

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
I've boiled a few glass pipes before and it works pretty good but I have a metal pipe that is really old and has been scraped a lot of times so the threads are real messed up and I'm just gonna throw it out soon and get a new one.

I was thinking of taking it all apart and throwing the pieces in boiling water just like boiling a glass pipe. I'd probably scrape it one last time before but I would think there would still be a significant amount left that could only be gotten by boiling. Does anyone have any experience with boiling metal pipes?

Similar Topics: Boiling a metal pipe?     x

blacklabel

blacklabel

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
bump

followed

followed

• Registered Upgraded
  • 465 posts
It will be fine.

Can you explain to me the whole prosess of boiling glass pipes. Include the level of fire you should put and how much water, as well as how long to boil it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

cowofsteel

cowofsteel

Local

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,028 posts
may i ask what the point of boling it is if your just going to throw it away

HappyJ

HappyJ

Already Dead

• Registered Upgraded
  • 100 posts
He wants to boil it to get out the resin so he can smoke it, and then throw away the pipe cause its old...?

Boiling metal pipes works fine.

smokedout

smokedout

I have no title

• Registered Upgraded
  • 330 posts
Yeah, they're fine to boil, only problem is that they can get hot. My dumb ass didn't think about that. Lol

adamBC

adamBC

Band

• Old School
  • 3,973 posts
to boil your pipe, just get the water boiling, then toss in the pipe.

temperature doesnt matter, just dont make it hot enough to melt your pipe(not possible on average stove)

then keep it in there till its clean.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users