Make your weed Stronger, must see!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jcj77d, Aug 14, 2007.

1. bumping a thread is adding a post with no real info just to "bump" it up to the top of the thread (and off the second page in this case) i bumped it cuz its important info and not alot of people check the second page, i didnt wanna see it fall into the abyss just cuz no one posted :)

2. aight I gotcha!

3. i dont think the spectrum & intensity matters much, but i found the best results useing a 2.0 uvb & 10.0 uvb together, both the same wattages.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. the repti glo 10.0 fluorescent tubes thats what im gonna try
    where can I buy them from??
    do you know??

5. most pet stores should carry most uvb bulbs, since they are ment for reptiles, they are also used in the tanning industry, i saw some 100w or 160w mercury vapor uvb bulbs on ebay 3 for 30$ dont remember. oh here http://cgi.ebay.com/3-100-or-160-wa...oryZ1285QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

6. i need something low wattage cause im already passed 6000 watts total consumption!

7. Actually, the correct analogy would be suntan lotion. It guards the plant from uv light. the more UV the more trichomes needed for protection. makes sense. tho, i wonder if you had a gene line, and kept using ALOT of UV, could it mutate, and down the line just create more THC becouse years of UV on that same strain, may cuase it down the line to have a gene that mass produces UV becouse it has HAD too for so long?

Donno. maybe thats something someone should try.

i guess what im saying is over the years, would it be able to adapt, and evolve to carry that specific gene?

8. All I know is that Mister Postman grows the best bud I have ever seen and he specifically says UVB = Trichomes. Obviously if u dont use UVB that doesn't mean you wont have any trichomes but if u do use UVB then your bud will definitely have more trichomes.

9. are they good for the whole grow by them self or are they just to be added in with your other lights?

10. [FONT=[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Comic Sans MS]theyre just to be considered as an additive and not as a stand alone grow light !!![/[/FONT]FONT]

11. hes right, but it can be used through out the whole grow. the 10.0 uvb puts off more blue light than regular cfl, & its said that more blue light means better chances of females, but thats a myth

12. they make the uvb bulbs in 13w cfl as well.

13. Im leaning more towards a 2x or 4x fluorescent tube fixture,
    so as long as the total power isnt more then 150 watts.

14. Really nice find. Never seen it before... Good shit marijuana man LOL..

I run them straight through the grow... From seedling through flower.. I highly recommend the reptisun brand 10.0's over most other readily available fluorescent uvb bulb brands. I did a lot of work with these bulbs.. Lots of testing of various brands/bulbs. As far as fluorescent reptile bulbs go these produced some of the highest readings, and throw it the furthest distance from the bulb surface. Still only producing a minute amount of uv as compared to the sun, but IMO a lil is better then nothing in an indoor environment that usually has none...

Only bulbs beating them out are the mercury vapor 60watt external bulbs from reptileuv.com... Those are a bit more expensive, but are capable of bringing pretty close to outdoor uvb levels indoors. Never experimented with these on plants, so if you do please share results...

15. they call me the postman....yeah...mr postman lol im high as shit right now:smoke: The postman does grow some delicious nuggets, but he should attempt the experiment he suggested;)

16. yo bro, you only have 60 posts, even if you know anything, you have to prove it. Mister Postman is a very reputable member and here you are talkin shit about somethin YOU prolly dont know shit about,
    maybe you should just stick to reading posts and not participating if you are just gonna be negative and disrespectful....

17. suspect, I see no negativity in his post towards Mister Postman. He is just tripp'n and I think he feels Mister Postman would be his choice to do a thorough study on this interesting topic.
    I know it comes from a good place, both of you.

18. (ok so you know when your stoned.....really stoned......and you are reading through the threads, and it feels as if you are in a conversation with three or four guys, well that little dispute was like a distraction, almost as if an anoying buzzing sounding voice took over the conversation for a second........)

WOW ANYWAYS! .. . .. .. :smoking: random thought of the day i suppose?

Adding to my shopping list after reading through this. My roommates work at a reptile store, so im likely to get the five finger discount. :p Which is how i am currently getting all my lighting at cost....16 42 watt CFLs for a grand total of....34 dollars over-night shipped, cash under the name Jack :rolleyes:

19. Hmm, I actualy like buying the various things for my projects, feels like my hobby is giving a lil back to the community, haha. plus i get tons of ideas just buy looking at various material in hardware shops 0_o

I can LOGICALY see how UVB produces more THC, but like many other posts, dont think it is the "sole" producter, I rather think dehumidifying during flowering to be the better way to produce more trich.s (which contain thc etc..)

20. for anybody interested, the 10.0 pruduces the best spectrum.
    Im gettin the repti-sun 10.0