Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

flavoring weed with fruit

• Please log in to reply

joekiddd

joekiddd

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 156 posts
i was just wonderin if anybody knew exactly how to flavor your weed with fruit and fruit peels. bc im gettin a half of high mids soon, and was thinkin bout tryin this out with, say, 2 grams of it. i mean exactly how much of the fruit or peel i should put in with 2 gs, and how long it should stay in for, cause i dont want it all moldy. also, lemme know whats your favorite fruit to do it with, too.

tarheels058

tarheels058

• Registered Upgraded
  • 247 posts
it just takes some judgement, take some orange peel that looks about right n put it in there for a few hours, then go check n see how it looks so it doesnt get too moist and then moldy.

and it doesnt really make it taste like that, putting blueberries in a bag of high mids isnt gonna make the smoke taste like blueberry yum yum. the orange in the bag will just make it moister n prolly smell pretty good.

joekiddd

joekiddd

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 156 posts
haha i heard you can do it with froot loops too. i might try that out

Durkalizer

Durkalizer

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
no fruitloops.... use w/e fruit u want.... I've used oranges, strawberries, bannanas, pinapples, kiwis, lettuce, grapes, and watermelon.... none really give the bud a flavor though.... just moisture and a great smell....

hashaman

hashaman

Cannastudent

• Registered Upgraded
  • 828 posts
Welcome to the City, Durkalizer :wave:

To add both flavor and aroma, you want the essential oils of the fruit, not the pulp or juice. This is easiest with citrus, since you can extract it by twisting/scoring the peel, then gently scraping the knife against it for 2-3 minutes. Wipe that on a nug and it will taste slightly citrusy and make the entire jar smell heavenly.

inmemory

inmemory

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I've wanted to try this with vanilla beans.

joekiddd

joekiddd

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 156 posts
damn inmemory thats a good idea! but where do you get vanilla beans?

Guest_jerseykrs_*

Guest_jerseykrs_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Welcome to the City, Durkalizer :wave:

To add both flavor and aroma, you want the essential oils of the fruit, not the pulp or juice. This is easiest with citrus, since you can extract it by twisting/scoring the peel, then gently scraping the knife against it for 2-3 minutes. Wipe that on a nug and it will taste slightly citrusy and make the entire jar smell heavenly.

get yourself a lemon zester at Target, they're by the kitchen utensils, and scrape the outsind rind of a some citrus, I like tangerines, and use that instead of the peel itself. It's the essential oils that are effective, just like hashaman said.

I wouldn't smoke the zest itself, just keep it in your storage container with the weed and keep an eye on the moisture.

Souljah420

Souljah420

Kottonmouth King

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
As said above, you want the oils from the peels of the plant your using, so just take a fruit with skin much like that of an orange or lime / lemon, score the peel and let sit in an airtight jar with your bud for 10 - 15 hours.

Also, I'm not sure how much it's going to flavor the weed, I think more or less it will just scent it more than anything. May alter the harshness of the smoke, but I doubt that it will add some kind of delicious flavor to it.

I'll try this with my next pickup and see how it goes.

Saulg1991

Saulg1991

Marijuana Enthusiast

• Registered Upgraded
  • 468 posts
I always get an obvious after taste if i cure it with fruits. Try letting the smoke out of your nose you might be able to smell it.

joekiddd

joekiddd

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 156 posts

As said above, you want the oils from the peels of the plant your using, so just take a fruit with skin much like that of an orange or lime / lemon, score the peel and let sit in an airtight jar with your bud for 10 - 15 hours.

Also, I'm not sure how much it's going to flavor the weed, I think more or less it will just scent it more than anything. May alter the harshness of the smoke, but I doubt that it will add some kind of delicious flavor to it.

I'll try this with my next pickup and see how it goes.

yea lemme know how it goes, and i heard you dont leave it in for that long, like 3 hours maybe

ThatOGKush

ThatOGKush

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I think fruit is too much work.
Get some cereal with a lot of sugar and flavor.
Fruity Cheerios, Trix, Cap'n Crunch, Froot Loops.
All of those will work. Get a Mason jar or other large jar [even some Glad tupperware will do] and fill that up halfway. Seal your weed up in a bag airtight and place it in the cereal. Fill the jar/tupperware up to the brim this time with cereal.
This takes a good 4 to 5 days, though, so I only recommend it if you have a strong resistance.

d-block305

d-block305

extraordinary gentleman

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,017 posts
if you dont want to spend the money on the fruity weed, or your weed just sucks and needs some help, why not, peeling an orange/lemon/line and with the peel squeeze and have the outter skin of the fruit facing the bud, squeeze the peel to release the juices of the outer fruit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users