Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Smoking Out of Tin Foil Bad?

• Please log in to reply

Emo Steve

Emo Steve

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 138 posts
I made a pipe with tin foil. Is smoking out of tin foil bad?

fallensk81011

fallensk81011

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I heard it gives you alzheimers(sp)

sh4dow

sh4dow

• Registered Upgraded
  • 396 posts
if your using a standard butane lighter, then yes, it's safe.

Claptonisgod

Claptonisgod

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
I'm not certain of the chemistry of it, so someone currect me if I'm wrong, but Sh4adow was right, Al can be bad for you, but a normal lighter isn't hot enough to vape the Al so you're straight. Just don't blowtorch it or anything...but you'd have worse problems if you did that like a charred face ;)

Chewybud

Chewybud

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 172 posts
very bad for u use a socket

1hitquit

1hitquit

Clinically Braindead

• Registered Upgraded
  • 477 posts
I would have to guess that it's probably a little bad for you.

D3TA1L5

D3TA1L5

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Im pretty sure using a regular BIC lighter is still bad, ur supposed to burn the chemical off, black smoke comes of it so its still burning the chemical compounds but theres no way around it. Tin foil is baddd to smoke out of!.

thrall

thrall

• Registered Upgraded
  • 277 posts
It's probably bad for you. I read that with heroin smoking out of aluminum foil can cause a nerotoxin that can kill you at any time. I don't know if it's true or not. Even smoking weed out of it, you are going to get some of the chemicals from the foil into your lungs. It might not kill you but it will damage your lungs more than out of a glass pipe.

ChrisSmokes

ChrisSmokes

high how are you?!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 293 posts
its NOT bad for you unless the metal gets hot enough to melt, where you would breathe in the chemicals from the metal. a standard lighter is NOT powerful enough to do that.

They WOULDN'T expect you to cook with it (heat it) and wrap your food in it if it was going to be harmful to your body.

A socket wrench does work though if you're really that paranoid.. Even-though they're prolly made outta the same material half the time.

Darky185

Darky185

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

its NOT bad for you unless the metal gets hot enough to melt, where you would breathe in the chemicals from the metal. a standard lighter is NOT powerful enough to do that.

They WOULDN'T expect you to cook with it (heat it) and wrap your food in it if it was going to be harmful to your body.

A socket wrench does work though if you're really that paranoid.. Even-though they're prolly made outta the same material half the time.

Sockets are made from Stainless Steel a lot of the time.

PackThePipe

PackThePipe

Music Theorist

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
It's better to just go to a headshop and get whatever size filter you need for your homemade pipe.

gloppypop

gloppypop

give in or cave in

• Bronze Member
  • 7,107 posts

grasslover.11

grasslover.11

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
well one time i smoke this tiny bowl out of a mountain dew can put i didnt scrape any of the paint off or anything
so i got this weird kinda high where i felt high physically but not mentally at all
and then for a whole week whenever i wasnt high i felt quite odd, kinda like if you take a bunch of adderall
so i dunno if that happened cause of the tin in the can or the paint
does anyone know?

CarpeDeNimes

CarpeDeNimes

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

well one time i smoke this tiny bowl out of a mountain dew can put i didnt scrape any of the paint off or anything
so i got this weird kinda high where i felt high physically but not mentally at all
and then for a whole week whenever i wasnt high i felt quite odd, kinda like if you take a bunch of adderall
so i dunno if that happened cause of the tin in the can or the paint
does anyone know?

it was probably the strain or something, im thinking it was an indica?

collieman11

collieman11

South Florida.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 708 posts
so what all you people are saying, is that when you cook something in the oven for over X amount of degrees, the aluminum will begin to stick to your food??? come on now. keep smokin brother

GetsLifted

GetsLifted

Prying Open My Third Eye

• Registered Upgraded
  • 234 posts
I used steel wool as a filter one day and i felt really itchy after hitting the bong..

CarpeDeNimes

CarpeDeNimes

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

I used steel wool as a filter one day and i felt really itchy after hitting the bong..

r u sure it was clean? like there was no soap or crap in it?

xpirate77

xpirate77

• Registered Upgraded
  • 638 posts

Im pretty sure using a regular BIC lighter is still bad, ur supposed to burn the chemical off, black smoke comes of it so its still burning the chemical compounds but theres no way around it. Tin foil is baddd to smoke out of!.

idk about you, but back in the day when I used to use tin foil like it was my job for smoking.. it never had black smoke when i lit the bowl..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users