Day 25 "Let There Be Light!":
-Caramon shows little signs of growth
-Removed Excess dirt from around Caramon
-Removed 2nd leaf set from Caramon (cut of with scissors close to main stem at 45 degree angle)
-Raistlin begins 3rd leaf set (3 blades serrated)
-Raistlin shows first sign of fertilizer burn
-Watered Caramon (Approximately 24 ounces)
-Watered Raistlin (Approximately 16 ounces)
-Aerated Soil with Wire Hanger
-Mylar was added to the walls and other objects in the grow room to increase light
Notes for Day 25:
They weren't kidding, mylar is very, very reflective. However, at $50 for a 50' roll (well more than I needed), it wasn't quite as cheap as I had anticipated, but at least there will be plenty more for the next time... and the next time, and the time after that and for a long time after that.
I had to remove the 2nd leaf set from Caramon. It's been dead for awhile, but I've been waiting for it to fall off naturally. Since that hasn't happened yet, I decided to remove it myself. It's sad to have to purposely mutilate your own first sprouted.
I noticed that when I stuck my finger in the soil to check if they needed to be watered that the soil felt firm, so I decided to aerate it. When I stuck the wire hanger in the soil I almost couldn't get it to the bottom. The soil was clumping up horribly, maybe from the way I was watering, or maybe the soil itself is to blame.Lessons Learned for Day 25:
-Mylar is a very cost effective way to increase light in a grow room because it can be reused indefinately.
-Aerating soil helps bring Oxygen to the roots.
Finally got some pictures of my grow room and plants. Take a look!
It's really hard to take pics of the plants with all that shiny mylar in the room though. Raistlin is especially difficult to see, however, that is actually yellowing on the end of her leaves though
. She's just now showing signs of fert burn...