So you want to grow Marijuana, your ?'s answered here.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jcj77d, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Hey guys. Total newbie here, I've never grown ANY plant in my whole life. So yeah, feel free to correct me if I have any problems with my idea for a grow.
    Deep in my woods there's a place that gets great lighting. The only problem is there's no water source near and the soil isn't top-notch. I have 10 Dutch Dope seeds coming in next week with 20 free nameless seeds so what I wanna do is this: I'm gonna dig a hole, put in Kellog Patio Plus soil in the hole, germinate a seed, and then plant 1 seed in the soil. My questions are this:
    1) How big should the hole be? 2) How often should I water the plants (I don't get much rain, I live in New England) 3) Can I plant more than 1 seed in the same hole? 4) Is it too late to plant the seeds in the end of May? 5) Do I need to to add nutrients or anything special like that? 6) How much yield can I expect? The website says I can get up to 500 grams which I find ridiculous!

2. Hello there, I'd like to use a bottle caps worth of soil to grow a 6 pound plant under a 13w cfl.

How would I achieve this?

I have no plant food. Can I feed the plants grass clippings and plaster of Paris?

Thank you.

~ will Ferrell

3. Lol. Funny stuff pokes! Is your profile pic chibs?

4. It's the dude from the big lebowski :)

Haha, CFLs> the sun XD

5. #33645 Xeno321, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    Hello fellow New England resident! 😊 I've only been in ME for a year and a half but I honestly don't believe you don't have a lot of rain/moisture.. I know from personal experience that all that damn snow melting recently leads to soggy, saturated soil AKA mud season.. I didn't think much of it till I tried growing outside last year, while I got great growth rates the humidity was to much and I had a horrible outbreak of Powdery Mildew and Bud rot close to harvest.. So I would recommend 1-400 gallon root pouches/ dirt pots(hydrofarm) and mix your own Organically Ammended No till Soil and plant the girls in those outside. Make sure wherever they are there is ample airflow.. Consider adding fans big ones if it's close enough to your house.. My plants were kicking ass until we hit the rainy season and they were in a little valley so they didn't get ample air flow..

6. At the very least I would recommend 60-65 gallon smart pots as a minimum for outdoor girls.. A pound plus per plant is common when growing outdoors in ideal conditions. But you need established plants and to make sure they are female.. Kill the males if your not breeding.

7. #33647 Austin1289, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    Yeah I'll be buying feminized seeds so I won't have to worry about males appearing. Thanks for all the info! What is your opinion on just putting Kellog Patio Plus soil in a hole in the ground and just planting the seeds there?

8. Problem solved I figured I can just unhook the lst to water and then re connect after.

9. I have an LST'd plant that I'm going to be running into the same problem you have. Luckily I read this and now know what to do when I get to that stage haha. Your lady is looking really awesome so far, keep up the great work! G

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Cheers mate its a lot simpler than hooking up hoses.

11. What's a good list of supplies for an indoor grow tent grow with all auto flowers?

12. We need more info! How many plants? How big an area? You want to know everything from dirt/hydro to lights? How much money you got will make your decisions but you got many options that'll get it done.

13. Think of a studio sized apartment I haven't got exact measurements because I haven't moved there yet but that's where I'll be doing it about 8 months to a year from now but that gives you an idea. A closet/tent grow for 6 indoor plants autoflower perpetual grow. Organic soil just mix with water and let sit for 30 days so that's what I'll be doing for water/medium/nutrients. But I need to how often to water after the clone/seed has been planted in it. I think the grow tents come with the right lights. I will have enough money for a decently priced grow setup whatever that is. But this much info doesn't tell me all the ins/outs of growing it right. I need someone to show me a clear guide from start to finish of a similar type grow.

14. Good luck, im no auto flower guy. Only grew one. Not because they are bad or any other reason, I just prefer regular. Sorry I can't help. I do know that with clones or (germed)seeds that I just plant, I keep moist. Spray(water) the dirt with the (germed)seed, spray(water) the clone and dirt with clones. Check everyday, I spray(water) everyday the first week. Go by feel though. You'll get the feel of it after a couple times.

15. i know i know way late response [​IMG] .. i watched big lebowski couple weeks ago.. hes the dude!! lol. he kinda sorta in a way looks like chibs off sons of anarchy

Attached Files:

16. #33656 ElCentroCABoy, May 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
    Pokesmot could grow it in a non-soil environment...  How about Marbles? 

You have no nutrients?  Ok...  take a piss into a gallon milk container.  Drink all of the milk first...ok?   Add rain water...  Now you have Grow solution. 

Make sure your marble collection is enough to fill up a 3 gallon or larger size container...  with holes in it.... the bottom of it...  to a collection container.  Every 10 minutes...  recollect and pour your solution over your plant safely secured into your marble collection.   Make sure light cannot be seen by your marbles. 

Oh...  this does work.  [​IMG]

Eventually you will get lazy and tired of collecting that grow solution...  you will rig up a water pump and a timer. 

17. Eventually you will want Flower solution...   You will have to go fishing to make that happen. 

There are fishing boards out there that discuss how to do that activity...  I encourage you to find and read those. 

Same outcome... less piss this time ok?  Trout or Bass, or catfish guts mixed in with Rain water. 

Yes...  it works...  Yes you will get great weed out of it. 

18. Can I flower and clone at 12/12 in the same room?

19. Never tried, but I wouldn't think so. I've done 16/8, but I like the results of, on all the time with my clones. I don't think roots grow well in flower (12/12). So you need to keep more of a veg light schedule.

20. Then, can I clone at 18/6 for two weeks till the roots come out and switch to 12/12 to flower the original plant? Have only one room and trying to figure out if I can clone and flower in the same room?