So you want to grow Marijuana, your ?'s answered here.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jcj77d, Jul 27, 2007.

1. New grower here. I have a supercloset grow box. And also using rock wool as my medium, with general hydroponic nutrients. My question is once I germ my seeds and they pop what is my next step?
    New grower here. I have a supercloset grow box. And also using rock wool as my medium, with general hydroponic nutrients. My question is once I germ my seeds and they pop what is my next step?

plant it in soil or hydroton clay balls in a hydro set up and get the lights on it.

3. Wow, great thread. I'll try some of my questions in here.. maybe I'll have some luck.

I've heard that plants shouldn't be given nutes or fertilizer for the first few weeks, but a lot of soil/coco mixes mixes I see at grow stores already have various fertilizers and stuff mixed in. Do I need a separate unfertilized soil/coco for my starter pots? Thanks.

4. i did that put it on a 18/6 schedule,and started my nutes at 1/4 strength,water ph 5.5

5. Noob here plant looks like it's don't ok I'm having a insect problem they look like spider mites but plant Has no harm done I hear it can be root aphids I used azamax will it kill them

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

looks fine, make sure you have some neem oil on hand.

8. I put azamax in soil will it kill them or will it just slow them down

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I dont think you will have problems after that. Not sure if its systemic or not.

10. #33470 MisterWinter, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    Hey fabulous people. My first grow.
    I've got 2 4-day-old Northern Lights auto seedlings sitting under a cfl right now. Is it too early to put them under 140x5w full-spectrum LEDs?

I've read that LEDs can be used really early but how early is really early etc? I was thinking of starting 'em around 18-24" just to ease 'em in. Thoughts?

Attached Files:

11. This thread is like a Starbucks jr. Inside a Starbucks.

I just feel silly making a thread because it's probably been asked 8 times in the past week and I'm just incapable of finding it.

13. That wasn't directed at you. I'm just screwing around anyway, it's just weird that it's the beginner questions thread inside a beginners questions thread.

14. #33474 cannabisdill23, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    if your useing the CFL's those stems look a little stretched. I'd try much closer for sure 2-5" depending on the heat, but give that a shot before they get much longer

Edit:plants look healthy though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. 2 weeks old I have it full dose of Fox farm big bloom about a week ago lucky so far no burn or anything yet plant is just regs I hear give 25%-50% every other watering then they say depends on strain, lighting..etc..I have 100 watt cfl.potting soil...off this was ur plant how would u start to feed

Love thy aroma

Attached Files:

Hey thanks man, I did take your advice and move the CFLs closer. Still wondering when is too early to put the leds on 'em.

17. #33477 MARI-MEDS, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    Dude! Great thread! I'll def keep coming back for help. Thx

18. the LED should be fine on the plant now or you can just wait because that CFL will grow that plant for the first 2weeks. What's the LED specs? Like color temp and watts etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. #33479 r r, Sep 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
    Curious if anyone has had experience with Canna Nutes?
    I have been growing purely Hydroponic for the past year using a BC Northern Lights bloom box (125W CFL for veg / 400W HPS for flower)
    I seem to have a tendency towards adding nutes to early and over feeding but have recently started a new grow and am truly focused on limiting nutes.

Anyone else have experience with Canna?  What were your results positive or negative? Do share your results..
    2 strains include Heavy Weight Fruit Punch & Juanita LaGrimosa

[​IMG]

the Mars II 700...it's 140x5w with the both veg and bloom spectrums at once. I went through a few grow journals where their lights were used with great results, but it does have kind of a hefty draw so it probably would be more thrifty to wait like you said.