Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ADHD , Marijuana and Alcoholics Anonymous

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by kenoshabon, Jul 8, 2007.

1. ive read from the washington post that studies are being conducted on the use of shrooms for aid in terminally ill patients to come to grips with death and all it implies. medical professionals guide a patient through a trip and psilocybin opens different channels within the brain related to self identity and empathy. the experience from a psychedelic trip has lasting and permanent affects on the patient and afterwards the patient has a different attitude about their situation. a similar scenario is native american "spirit journeys"

2. #42 xsploit, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2010
    I use mj for my ADD if i don't smoke in a day my brain goes fucking crazy,like literally and it just hurts my head to even think,even though i can't, its like a million thoughts going on at once. Iam going too get my mm card soon. Cannabis is way better then what they prescribe you,amphetamines are just crap and suppresses your appetite and makes it hard to sleep with you cannabis is the exact opposite.

3. it really is:smoke:

4. I was never officially diagnosed with ADHD but many of my personality traits/flaws are in direct line with ADHD symptoms, including my brain being fucking stuck in high gear. My quality of life has gone up tremendously since I started smoking pot because it levels me out. I'm able to slow down and enjoy things more and I gotta say it's wonderful.

When I'm high, I think clearly. When I'm straight, I think quickly. I've been promoted at several different jobs for my ability to make good decisions quickly, but many times there are better solutions available, which I tend to find if I have an opportunity to get ripped and think about it first.

5. Hi there,
    I have been in AA for 16 yrs and I am 44, I had 5yrs and then a slip and then came back and had another slip before coming back 5yrs ago. This time I have been using marijuana through my times of depression. I don't smoke everyday maybe once or twice a week, and only a couple little puffs off my pipe. I am definitely not a chronic pot user and it has not been a problem for me. I attend 3 AA meetings a week and I am very active in service. I have found that the new way for AA is Seraquil and other anti depressants. People are taking antidepressants daily and walking around with a perma grin on their faces. I am not going to follow suit. Marijuana helps with my depression and it works for me. Alcohol is my demon and yes one drink will lead to a thousand. I know that I cannot be honest with my group about my mary jane usage and this is the only thing that really bothers me. Although I don't hear to many people talking about their seraquil usage either. Alcoholics Anonymous is about alcohol and if my pot use was causing my life to become unmanageable then I would go to NA. I believe it is whatever works best for you and if your life is manageable and you are not powerless over your pot use, personally I don't see it as a problem. Marijuana has been a natural medicine for yrs, and the only reason it is illegal is because it would put pharmasuticals out of business. Our world today is changing and people need to be concerned with what they eat because there are direct links to mental illness and GMO's....research" Monsanto"......nobody ever died from smoking a little herb. I do not go to a meeting after have smoked ever, I do feel a little high after smoking and I want to be completely level headed at meetings, unlike some that are on mood altering prescription meds 24-7......It does amaze me how this is one topic that never gets brought up at meetings....So don't judge me and I won't judge you...live and let live,
    God Bless

6. same hetre i have add i mean when the actualy high inst really big difference but with the comedown i get so relaxed and focused, before weed i always had trouble focusing.