PrettyBuds's 2007 Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by prettybuds, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Well I'm harvesting today. This strain is quite confusing, no clue what it is, but they're as fat as they're going to to get without getting 100% amber on the triches. Plus it's getting really cold at night, below freezing, so I figured, now is the time. I'll get some pics up in a bit.

I'm a little disappointed overall with the grow, I lost a couple plants and of the remaining 2 only 1 really gave me something nice and quantifiable. It's all good though, my first LST seemed to treat me well, all about the experience for next year. I've got some early skunk seeds awaiting next year's grow.

I'm hoping for an ounce out of this grow, should last me a little while, as I smoke everyday, but only a few hits does me well, and since this is a private stash, it's all good.

2. LEAVE THEM LONGER!!! I JUST RUINED 5 plants because they looked mature but when i dried them out and took the sucker leaves off i had little buds...

the pot only got me high, it wasnt anything special. i say leave it until the frost kills it!

3. Thanks, if I didn't have them in pots, the frost would've already killed them, out temps have been not only good for frost, but below freezing, but I've been growing this strain for the past three years, and this is the longest I've let them go. And I know from taking them weeks earlier the last few years that the bud was very good, I like my triches mix at 50/50, and this was pushing 25/75 cloudy/amber, so I took them for the high and not the weight. The only reason I left them this long was to see how fat they'd get, and they really didn't get huge. I'm happy with the bud, just not that happy with the whole scene from this year's grow, I screwed up early on with their light situation, which I had to change because of the LST, then they grew beautifully, however I was a month behind in veg growth, so I limited my yield on that. I'm not disappointed with the final product though. This is a very late finishing strain, which is why I'm going to the Early Skunk next year...anyway, here are the final pics of them alive.

The goal for this year's grow was to learn LST and keep them compact and not grow a bush, not because of neighbors or anything, but because of the fact that we have lots of visitors and family over all the time and at the pool, where I keep them, so discretion was the key. I learned an awful lot and will get baked from them. The first plant is nice enough, it'll keep me happy for a couple months probably, the second plant is just a scraggly looking thing, but she's still my baby, and will get me high!

1st
    1st - 103007 - main.jpg
    1st - 103007 - main 2.jpg
    1st - 103007 - side buds.jpg
    1st - 103007 - full.jpg

2nd
    2nd - 103007 - full.jpg
    2nd - 103007 - bud.jpg

4. Alright well they're jarred. The smaller plant gave me like 1/4 or so of smokable bud. The bigger one, which was still small probably gave me around an ounce and a half. Not bad for a small plant and free herb. The smoke report is a nice heady high, tastes good, not fantastic, but good, and a nice fruitish smell.

All in all, I'm happy with my nice little grow and my LST experiment. This is my fourth grow, and although not as fruitful in the quantity department, I'm happy with the results yet again. Next year, with this LST knowledge I plan on growing 4 Early Skunks and maybe one of these seeds again since I've only had females from that batch for the last four years. I'll try to get finished bud picks up, if I remember.

Thanks to all that followed and good luck with your grows.

Peace