PrettyBuds's 2007 Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by prettybuds, Jul 4, 2007.

1. FINALLY! I was able to give the girls some nutes. They looked thirsty for the first time in a month, and it's hot out there in the full sun. No foliar feeding because the time of the day and the intensity of the sun, would do more harm then good.

I'll get some more pics in a couple days to see if there's a noticeable difference in growth. Hopefully they won't show them mangled and burned! I'm not too worried about that though, using FoxFarms Grow Big and Big Bloom. When they start to flower will stop the Grow Big as that's for veg, and as per the company recommends to give Big Bloom at the same time and just continue with that for flower.

My goal is to get them fully around the pot for flower, not sure if it will happen though.

2. Full (morning) sun is the best imo. We've had afternoon thundershowers/storms almost every day for the past month or so. I use granular fertilizer so the rains have not washed all the nutes out of the soil, but my plants do dry out almost every day...especially the Big one that has a 5 gal. bucket full of roots. Even with daily rains, I've been having to water her every morning.

I did notice some insect damage in this photo. when you're growing a compact plant like that, it is easy for munching critters to hide. Look carefully for tiny greenish caterpillars. I found a few on my plant and they blend in really well...sneaky li'l bastards.

3. I had the chance to grab another set of pics, so why not. These are after a few more tie downs this morning and ferts yesterday. So I figured I'd toss them up. The soil is still moist however since the grow is bringing the plants around the edge of the pot, the exposed soil is hot to the touch. I figure since it's not dry it should be alright and it's not hot if I dig in a little.

Also, as far as the insect damage goes, I think you're noticing the damage from before, these plants were in bad shape a few weeks ago, having been exposed to too much rain and then some bug damage. They've bounced back very nicely though.

Does anyone think I should do a little more aggressive trimming of some of the bigger leaves? It's nice and thick and bushy inside. I can't wait for next year's grow after learning LST on this one. I've also got a few more of these seeds left, and 8 Early Skunk seeds for next season, although I'm still probably only gonna grow 4 plants, 2 and 2. But that's next year, need to focus on what I have at hand.

Anyway, here are the pics.

1st - 080507.jpg

2nd - 080507.jpg

Oh yeah, also, on the more mature stems sticking up, that were just tied down and aren't ready for another tie down yet, I've top a few where I could. I figure flowering is coming soon, so the more bud locations the better.

4. wow LST is the way to go now huh
    fukin nice looking plants man!! =D

5. Thanks. We'll see how well I did when the yield numbers come in. But I would think that if these things were standing up and this thick it would have a decent yield. WE SHALL SEE.

6. what would be ur min. guess as to how much you would yeild off of ones of thoses ladies?

7. I have no clue. I wish I knew.

8. Have u ever had trouble with the frost, Maine should catch a very early frost, I live in the NE and was worrying about the temp in late Sept, early Oct, I put them straight into the ground and am now questioning myself about it, I should have put them in pots but I was more worried about my first indoor grow, and I like to let the Earth do it's thing. We have also been getting mass rain, It just doesn't seem like things want to work right this yr; Nice Grow, Peace

9. Thanks
    Yes we had an early frost 2 years ago, however, I just brought them inside and stuck them in a bathroom with a towel at the crack of the door as to not let light in. I've heard of people actually building a tent/tarp type thing around them for when frost is expected and late at night giving the roots a warm watering, or mulching around the base so that the roots don't get fucked up. Last year I got so paranoid about frost that I brought them inside whenever it was cold, although it wasn't necessary.

I feel you with the rain, however, with yours in the ground it should be fine as long as you're getting sun during the day.

10. Yeah I've honestly never grown but just based on all of the grow logs I've read, I'd say you'll get like 3/4 ounce - two ounces of dank (really depends on the bud structure - airy or dense, and I can't tell from the pictures how it'll be). Still considering your investment was probably under 100$, I'd say that's not a bad amount :D

I'm probably going to do a similar grow, maybe in pots or in the ground (depends how lazy I get during the prep phase), of ten plants. I used to want to grow and do a fuckload so I could be supplied all year but I figure a quarter pound (at least!) will be good enough and should keep me high for some time. This herb is definitely sativa and definitely trippy, a good cure and sinsemilla will probably bring out a nice sweet 'exotic' (for non-connoisseurs anyway :p) scent. Right now it just smells like an overpowering "funk" with a hint of mint.

11. I thought that u had a good many plants in the Ground (like 70 or so) and dug the holes and ect, ect. didn't I read that somewhere? am I crazy?? I clearly remember reading a thread a few nights ago where u had said something like that, because I thought to myself "god thats hott" did I imagine this?

12. me? never. Never grew more then 4 at a time.
    As far as 3/4? I should get more then that, I'm hoping for a few z's out of both of them combined.

13. My bad I was thinkin of someone else sorry,

14. Just a quick update. I love nutes. I just got back in from tieing down like 6 more branches, it's growing great, and no preflowers yet, I thought it was just about there before, but nope. I'm kinda glad about that, considering with this round of tie downs the bigger one is now half way around the pot, on top of the crazy outward growth it's got going on.

Looks like more rain tonight, gotta go move them. Might as well take a couple pics too.

Peace.

Ok here are pics, I know it's only been two days, but who cares.
    First one after a bunch of tie downs:
    1st - 080707.jpg

Second after a couple tie downs:
    2nd - 080707.jpg

FYI for anyone who cares. I just went through my grow pics from last year, and what a crappy job I did during flower, however this year I'm armed with more knowledge, I think I was spoiled the year before with the perfect grow, I just harvested too soon. ANYWAY, just going through the pics of the 4 plants and I only had pre-flowers on one of them at this time last year. The rest didn't really start to kick in until later in August. I harvested towards the end of October. Same strain, better sun this year, and LST this year.

15. Well fingers crossed, going on vacation for a week tomorrow, they're watered and this week we expect some rain later on, nothing torential as of yet, but I'm sure they'll do fine. Nothing really new to report in picture form, except the bigger one is filling in nicely where you can see I tied down to the right in the pic above.

Peace, can't wait for the beach!
    Talk to you in a week.

16. I'm back, just checked on the plants and what a difference a week makes. They look great, and one's shown me her goods, it's a girl, although, I was expecting that, the other looks to be female as well. Also, that one, the second one, is showing weirdness. All the new growth is coming up with black spots, and the stems are black as well, can anyone help?

Gonna give them a blast of ferts tomorrow and then tie them down like mad.

First, here's a picture of what happens to a pool that's not maintained for a week...ewwww
    Pool.jpg

Here are the pics, the first and biggest one:
    1st - 081707.jpg
    1st - 081707-top.jpg

And the second, it grew nicely but you can see (hopefully) the black issue I'm having, please any advice?
    2nd - 081707.jpg
    2nd - 081707-diff.jpg
    2nd - 081707-problem.jpg

Thanks

17. Lookin good prettybuds!!!
    my plant just started to bud last night, haha, im so ecxited
    (oh and ur pool to me, seems like a bigass puddle of fungi and other things that will hurt your babies =[)

18. Thanks, oh and the pool, it's algea and I should have that taken care of with mass amounts of shock.

19. Just wanted to post a couple pics of the results of the recent tie downs I did a couple days ago. The bigger one is now nice a rounded and getting bushy from the tie downs to the empty space in the pot. I'm trying to work the other on the same way.
    Cheers

First:
    1st - 082107.jpg

Second:
    2nd - 082107.jpg

Also, if you look closely you can see the black at the bud sites, if this continues I'm gonna spray them with SOMETHING. I don't like the looks of it.

Ok I MIGHT have found the problem, oddly enough it's called Black Spots, go figure, if this is it at least. I'm using Flower Pharm spray to hopefully take care of it, it's a fungus....http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/PESTNOTES/pn7463.html

Alright, just sprayed them lightly on the spots that needed it. Hopefully this solves the problem.

20. Just a quick update, still have the black crap on some budsites, mainly on the smaller plant, but there are some on the bigger one. This blows. Just got a different spray to try and stave off this attack. I've popped off a few tops where it was bad, and thankfully the girls look to growing back where I took them off. They we're going to be cola sights too, but all for the greater good. I'd rather get less then none. I mean the plant is moving along with it's flower but the budsites just are dicolored, not dying or anything. I'm gonna spray later tonight and hope for the best.

As far as everything else goes, it's growth is good and I just gave them a combo of Big Bloom and 1/2 strength Bloom Booster, which is a crazy 10-52-10, hence half dose, and we'll see where that takes us.

Everything is good to go, so fingers crossed.