Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Hydroxyzine

• Please log in to reply

mushroomsatsuji

mushroomsatsuji

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 28,032 posts
Anyone know about this? I know its an antihistamine, my friend got it when he came into contact with some poison ivy. He said just one would put me on my ass. I searched erowid and came up with nothing.

Similar Topics: Hydroxyzine     x

KillerSmoke

KillerSmoke

Respect

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,559 posts
http://en.wikipedia....iki/Hydroxyzine

I see no recreational section.

cheebaa

cheebaa

Life ain't so shitty...

• Old School
  • 2,547 posts
I have some info, I am getting more

http://www.drugs.com/hydroxyzine.html

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>What is hydroxyzine?

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=1></TD><TD vAlign=top>•</TD><TD>Hydroxyzine depresses activity in the central nervous system (brain and spinal cord), which causes relaxation and relief from anxiety. Therefore, hydroxyzine is used to treat anxiety disorders and tension in stressful situations--before surgery, for example.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=1></TD><TD vAlign=top>•</TD><TD>Hydroxyzine may also increase the effects of other medicines, such as pain relievers and sedatives, so it is useful after surgery also.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=1></TD><TD vAlign=top>•</TD><TD>Hydroxyzine is also an antihistamine. It blocks the effects of the naturally occurring chemical histamine in your body. This makes hydroxyzine useful for treating allergic conditions, especially those that involve the skin, such as hives, itching, and rashes.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
For symptomatic relief of anxiety and tension associated with psychoneurosis and as an adjunct in organic disease states in which anxiety is manifested: in adults, 50-100 mg q.i.d.; children under 6 years, 50 mg daily in divided doses and over 6 years, 50-100 mg daily in divided doses.

For use in the management of pruritus due to allergic conditions such as chronic urticaria and atopic and contact dermatoses, and in histamine-mediated pruritus: in adults, 25 mg t.i.d. or q.i.d ; children under 6 years, 50 mg daily in divided doses and over 6 years, 50-100 mg daily in divided doses.

As a sedative when used as a pre-medication and following general anesthesia: 50-100 mg in adults, and 0.6 mg/kg in children.

When treatment is initiated by the intramuscular route of administration, subsequent doses may be administered orally.

As with all medications, the dosage should be adjusted according to the patient's response to therapy.

EDIT::

I hear most drugs you can take 7x the reccomended amount and typically be able to survive.

Maybe try a 2x dose and see......

Let us know.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users