Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

Can weed really help you lose weight?

• Please log in to reply

islandnthesunn

islandnthesunn

freakin' check yo self

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I was wondering if weed really does help on weightloss if you don't eat munchies (and if you do, healthy munchies).
I hear that it does and i hear that it doesnt but does anyone have a legitmate answer?

bong rip

bong rip

ghet fcucking stoend!

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
I'm not sure how significantly weed affects the metabolism, so I can't really help you there. However, I will say that smoking a few bowls (or however many it takes to get comfortably stoned) really helped motivate me to start running a couple miles/day and doing a lot of other exercise (which is now leading to me getting really toned).

I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but if you really want some results, do some exercise too, because just losing weight alone won't give you any tone and I think that's really what people want when they say they want to lose weight.

Happygrass420

Happygrass420

Blaze?

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
if your lookin to lose weight might I imply meth

HazeGlazed

HazeGlazed

• Registered Upgraded
  • 890 posts

if your lookin to lose weight might I imply meth

Coke 2 maybe

illinisbII

illinisbII

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,473 posts
i enjoy coke :smoke:

Muta

Muta

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
Used to weigh 150 smoked weed ended up 130 all i gotta say.

hybrid45

hybrid45

hypothetical high-five

• Registered Upgraded
  • 165 posts
I agree, for some reason, weed motivated me to start running and working out almost everyday. Used to just lie around watching tv and playing videogames. It's strange when weed is known to make people more lazy. Used to weigh 175, now down to 145 in about 4 months. I don't think you'll lose weight just because you're smoking weed, unless you actually cut your intake of calories and/or increase your physical activity.

bong rip

bong rip

ghet fcucking stoend!

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

I agree, for some reason, weed motivated me to start running and working out almost everyday. Used to just lie around watching tv and playing videogames. It's strange when weed is known to make people more lazy. Used to weigh 175, now down to 145 in about 4 months. I don't think you'll lose weight just because you're smoking weed, unless you actually cut your intake of calories and/or increase your physical activity.

Yeah, such a good rush/runner's high to run a few miles blazed. Plus, as a regular toker, running will give your lungs a much longer shelf life (provided you aren't running in a really polluted area and breathing in all that air, which can be bad).

Jimi001

Jimi001

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,575 posts

I was wondering if weed really does help on weightloss if you don't eat munchies (and if you do, healthy munchies).
I hear that it does and i hear that it doesnt but does anyone have a legitmate answer?

Weed can GREATLY increase your metabolism.. you can loose incredible amounts of weight if you start eating healthy food like 6 small meals a day. if you eat junk when you get the munchies then you get fat.

Vikesfan911

Vikesfan911

fluffernuuutttttteerr

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,168 posts
boys I'm not sure I understand. You see when I'm blazed all I want to do is eat, relax, and be all-around lazy. How does weed motivate you guys to work out?

Lose weight quick = laxatives

islandnthesunn

islandnthesunn

freakin' check yo self

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
haha honestly it does make me lazy if i am not doing anything but when im high ill dance to myself if im in the mood and ill exercise in my room but without any exercise and no eating what affect does weed have toward you?

eyec0n

eyec0n

does not exist.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,076 posts

aaaahhhhhahahahahahahahahaha :hello:

Vikesfan911

Vikesfan911

fluffernuuutttttteerr

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,168 posts

haha honestly it does make me lazy if i am not doing anything but when im high ill dance to myself if im in the mood and ill exercise in my room but without any exercise and no eating what affect does weed have toward you?

well theres no exercise.. so you're not exactly burning calories, and when your not eating, your body actually has fat stored up.. and releases it in a kind of "emergency mode". You hit this "emergency mode" from not eating after a long time. So really you're not going to lose weight at all.

TECHN9NE

TECHN9NE

High Mountain Hippie

• Registered Upgraded
  • 567 posts
i smoke and i cant gain weight even if i try, probably due to weed.

WhiteHot

WhiteHot

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

boys I'm not sure I understand. You see when I'm blazed all I want to do is eat, relax, and be all-around lazy. How does weed motivate you guys to work out?

Haha me too man. I used to be a health nut and now I have the occassional powerbar.
Kinda went the other way on that one. But whatever my weight doesn't move from 160 no matter what so I'm good :cool:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users