Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

measure without scales?

• Please log in to reply

-ty-

-ty-

• Registered Upgraded
  • 228 posts
hey i need to seperate 1.4 grams by tommorow night, but i dont have any scales!

what is the most accurate way i can do this?

thanks

drpepper

drpepper

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
the weight of a paperclip or a dollar bill (any bills) is equal to a gram. i would try to use a stick, like a ruler, and balance it on top of something and put the dollar on one side and weigh out your shit on ther other

cant get down to .4 tho. i have no idea what would weigh .4 except .4 of weed

Standard

Standard

Registered Heavy User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 161 posts
Do you know how many grams you have? Use the ol' eyeball devide method.
Or I think its a dime that wieghs 1 gram, not sure? But I think it does, put a dime in a baggie and weed in a baggie in the other hand. LOL! It will be tough, But who cares, its not coke.......Or is it? Goodluck!

Standard

Standard

Registered Heavy User

• Registered Upgraded
  • 161 posts

the weight of a paperclip or a dollar bill (any bills) is equal to a gram. i would try to use a stick, like a ruler, and balance it on top of something and put the dollar on one side and weigh out your shit on ther other

cant get down to .4 tho. i have no idea what would weigh .4 except .4 of weed

Thats a good Idea! Rip the dollar bill in half, a little less than half on one end, and thats your .4 grams

drpepper

drpepper

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
op are you ready to lose a dollar hahhahah

chronicsmokeyaz

chronicsmokeyaz

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,291 posts
eye ball 1 gram then eye ball another gram and break it in half, then add just a pinch that way hes getting around the 1.4-1.6-1.7 area

illFated

illFated

Master Of Smoke

• Registered Upgraded
  • 373 posts
Only a well trained stoner's eye can let you know.
That and the wieght of the sac in your hand.

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT :D

zalzal010

zalzal010

there was much rejoicing

• Old School
  • 1,723 posts

hey i need to seperate 1.4 grams by tommorow night, but i dont have any scales!

what is the most accurate way i can do this?

thanks

I'm always a little surprised to see that another person has posted a thread thinking there must be a way to build a scale out of rulers and paper clips but they just haven't figured it out yet.

For the OP, and anyone else considering a thread about how to weigh fractions of an ounce at home -- There is NO way to accurately measure out grams and portions of grams without a digital scale. It should be very obvious to ANYONE in such a situation, that without a scale the ONLY option is to eyeball it and risk skimping yourself. common guys, use them brains.

anarkin

anarkin

FYULABA

• Old School
  • 2,219 posts
Eye it out, just make it a pinch bigger than what you think 1.4 would look like, if you can't be exact it's easier just to go a bit over, cause people ussually bitch about skimpy bags when it's not scaled.

Canabudz

Canabudz

chirpin' hard

• Registered Upgraded
  • 849 posts
the title is an oxymoron lol

MfM

MfM

• Registered Upgraded
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
you could always steal a scale. i took a $75 digital scale and it wasnt that hard.

skittles

skittles

Good to be alive and free

• Old School
  • 4,231 posts

you could always steal a scale. i took a $75 digital scale and it wasnt that hard.

thats scummy.. go buy one for a whopping $15..

syntax13

syntax13

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,694 posts
^^ Word. Don't steal shit. You can get those keychain scales anywhere and theyre like 5-10$.

stew12

stew12

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 1,940 posts

Where from? Did you just pocket it and leave..?

drumdude

drumdude

• Registered Upgraded
  • 985 posts
I don't know why you're seperating it, but I'm assuming your selling part of it to a buddy. If you do sell it to somebody I'm sure they won't have a scale and measure it out to make sure they didn't get ripped off. Just make sure it's as accurately divided as you can get it.

tarheels058

tarheels058

• Registered Upgraded
  • 247 posts
where can you buy scales, i've been looking for a nice cheap one (as cheap as I can find but seeing as i cant find any...) I've looked at Wal Mart, Target, and all kinds of places like that. The only smoke shop close doesn't have any. WHERE CAN I FIND A SCALE!! (besides online i really dont want one bad enough to order it, its just something nice to have.)

Mike.

Mike.

Bitchin'

• Registered Upgraded
  • 960 posts
I would try a Bed Bath & Beyond
Or Linens And Things
Here's what I found real quick at Bed Bath & Beyond
http://www.bedbathan...-1&SKU=13970270
Linens And Things:
http://www.lnt.com/p...rentPage=search
http://www.lnt.com/p...rentPage=search

Madbee

Madbee

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

where can you buy scales, i've been looking for a nice cheap one (as cheap as I can find but seeing as i cant find any...) I've looked at Wal Mart, Target, and all kinds of places like that. The only smoke shop close doesn't have any. WHERE CAN I FIND A SCALE!! (besides online i really dont want one bad enough to order it, its just something nice to have.)

you could try a kitchen supply shop, they definitely sell scales, but they're probably going to be expensive and probably going to be fairly large, but it would be accurate, and unlike the ones i've seen at head shops, these actually come with warranty information and stuff like that. also you could try a post office or ups store or something, they might sell postage scales and a jewelry store or pawn shop might sell a scale too. i was in the same boat as you, i didn't want to buy one online and couldn't find one at a head shop near me, but i went up to visit some friends in columbus, oh and there were tons of shops up there and i got a large bong and scale for under $100, both of which i continue to use today

Subway_Toker

Subway_Toker

Fly Society

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,146 posts
Well not many people are going to weigh 1.4 grams of weed..

So just eyeball it till you get one.

Jimi001

Jimi001

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 2,575 posts
i don't think your life is in danger if it's not exactly 1.4 grams

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users