Molasses

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by suspect, Jun 20, 2007.

1. I invite you NOT to google scientific topics, as that would make you an idiotic noob. Do you really think any information you get from google is supported by the scientific community? Its not. *snickers* *gawfaw's*.

Bill Nye has a M.Sc. in Geology (my father, who also has an M.Sc. in Geology has gone on digs with Bill Nye ... BEFORE he started his career as an actor .. believe me, or don't I dun even care anymore). He gave up his scientific career to become an actor. Did you know that Weezer's drummer has a degree in microbiology ... does that make him a scientist? NO, hes a fucking drummer.

If you think the Calvin cycle is full of shit, you did not complete gr. 9 science.

If you are basing you're assesment of quantumponics on what read on google ... well then you're an idiot, google has no direct ties to scientific publication. I even posted you a fucking link to where you can purchase an allotropic cell for use in quantumponics. The entire commercial industry is quickly picking up this technology as it is basically an addon to current hydroponic systems, which ensures a constantly stable quantum field.

Just because you're so novice that hearing the word 'quantum' makes you immediately think its a joke, doesn't actually make it a joke. Most techological achievements being made these days are based directly on the quantum realm of the universe.

You know, I made that post to actually provide some substance (nevermind the fact that I HAD to correct Al B. 's COMPLETELY INCORRECT assessment of biology) to the thread, it was a flaming post yes, but I backed it up with substance ... you just simply flamed me with no purpose or credibility.

You know, i've had enough of this forum, i'm out. You just lost someone who was willing to be a contributing member of this forum and provide detailed science where applicable to try and aid in a persons questions. Fuck all of you immature little children.

And for those of you that are mature, and are here to learn and for the content, I appoligize for the brash nature of my posts. Had everybody in this thread been like you I would have taken the time to write a detailed description of plant biology as it pertains to nutrient uptake. Thank you Istandalone. If you would like to know more about this subject or any plant biochemistry related issue feel free to PM me (i'll still be a member of these forums, but I will no longer be posting in threads), everyone else that seems to have something against me .. don't PM me, leave me alone, and finish high school.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bro one word......documentation.back it up with some cold hard facts.I want verifiable sources.I mean how hard can that be.

3. High Times Magazine May issue 2007 in the Jorge Cervantes Rx section. The issue with my wife ont he cover;). would jorge pour mollasses on his plants if it did nothing Al? Time to get on the horn with good ol Jorge, and revalute your joint ventures into practical indoor growing to include mollasses this time around... As in this writing he mentions mollasses as a favorite additive...

Title: Mollasses

Reader wtites....
    I have a small indoor garden approaching flowering. Is it a good idea to ad budswell and a carbohydrate for bigger buds? If not, what would be the ideal nutrients for maximizing yield?

Miller
    Via internet

Jorge's response to Reader:

Dear Miller,

It's a great idea to add a fertilizer like budswell with high levels of phosphorus and low levels of nitrogen, and potassium. Ther are all kinds of products to add that will increase your bud size and weight, but budswell (bat guano) was one of the originals. pk 13/14 is another product that makes buds grow larger. It consists of 13% potassium, and 14% phosphorus. Many companies, such as Canna Hesi and GH, have specific dosing charts that you can find on their web sites canna.com, hesi.nl, and genhydro.com respectively.

Mollasses is one of my favorite additives to make buds swell. Just dilute 2 to 4 tablespoons per gallon of water and use for irrigation during the last four to six weeks of flowering. Buds will swell about 20%, and the smoke will be rich and SWEET.

Jorge Cerventes

It means so much more that he didn't menton, sweet, sweet leaf all products put out by large million dollar fertilizer companies.. No he reccomends mollasses.. and not even a brand a mollasses so lil old grandma's is not slipping $20's into his shirt pocket. Another respected growing who has found gains in that bottle of thick dark sugar packed syrup.. One of our peers...

4. ^^that is exactly what i was refering to. al be fucktard is full of horseshit.

5. I'm just going to throw in my 2 cents, aside from any drama, just for the benefit of the community. I'm not going to post a link to back anything I say up. Its what I've learned through compiling multiple sources of information, alot of it being user experience.

A benefit of molasses is that its a particular type of sugar (unlike refined sugar) that is easier to take up by the plant. Table sugar wouldn't do the same thing. (and i'm pretty sure molasses is actually a byproduct in the production of sugar from sugarcane...)

As for making the plant "healthier" I won't speak of that, however, during the Curing process, the sugars and starches that are present in the plant break down into flavour compounds, while chlorophyl evaporates. Uncured bud tastes harsh because of the presence of these "raw" sugars and starches, along with the unevaporated chlorophyl. Adding molasses, therfore adding sugars, would increase the amount of flavours once the bud was cured.

I've also read up on Stabilization of the quantum field in hydroponics, and yes i'd have to agree, it seems to have benefits, as many large argucultural as taking that route. I won't argue with that, but as for "more research" into quantum mechanics for myself? heh, forget it, ultrasonic areoponics is complicated enough for my brain right now. I would love to hear about its results though!

It's too bad to see people argue about thing like this. Too many people try and force their opinions on others, and tell them they are wrong. There's no place for telling someone off on the internet, it makes you a bit of a loser. I can understand people are compassionate about what they do (i'm a cook... don't fuck with my cooking, i'll kill you) But there's a point where taking it this far causes everyone to just get pissed off.

We shouldn't lose an educated member of this community because of someone who isn't even worth replying to. Be confident in what you know, but learn to be open to newer and better ideas, and respect those who give their opinions!

6. btw Jorge DOES mention it in his book.. pg 289. "Sugar Molasses, honey, and other sugers are said to increase soild microbials, enhance growth, and make the plant's use of nitrogen more effective."

7. HAHAHAHAHA ok first... this is my first post.. the only reason i signed up was to say

Al B. Fuct GOT FUCKED IN THE ASS CAUSE THAT SCIENTIST JUST BURNED THE FUCK OUTA YOUR ASS. BURRRRRRRRNNNNEED LIKE A MOFO.. props to the scientist

anyway im on my first outdoor grow and shit is lookin nicee... all personal baby alllll P

im gona try this molasses thing

PEACE

PS dont forget how bad you just burned that dude... i almost fell off my chair:D:smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  8. So...molasses....yes/no? This thread became too much of a flame war. Not interested in quantum anything. I'm still trying to get the basics down. So please, yay or nay? And why or why not? I'm not asking anyone to cite sources. This seems to be turning into the another thread where there is no right or wrong, just pros v cons. IIRC molasses feeds only bacterial colonies. Does this make it best suited for veg? Only suited for veg? Only suited for culturing bacteria?

LD stopped using molasses... what did he learn?

9. I'm surprised no one mentioned bugs. Bugs love molasses and it can sometimes lead to infestations if you're not careful. I don't use it since a hostile ant takeover a few years ago. Some grows are going to be more isolated from insects than others, so not everyone who uses it will have bug problems.

edit: Damnit it's an old thread.

10. honestly, i've been researching this fucked up topic for the past 3 days, and i cant decide whether molasses is worth using.....I may just give it a shot to see for myself if molasses benefits the soil, therefore being beneficial to my plants

11. Granny's in the green container found at the grocery store is what I use. I put a full tbsp of it in each one of my gallon jugs of water. My plants haven't responded negatively to it at all. They are actually thriving as fuck in 3 week of flowering. But I wont be able to tell you the results until early June when I can actually smoke them. I'll probably feed her only water in the last 2 weeks to flush her out of everything.

12. I tried that last season and didn't get a noticeable difference one way or the other

13. ^^^^Really dude? ^^^^
    In the 2006 indoor/outdoor medical growers bible written by Jorge Cervantes on page 279 under sugar he says," Molasses will raise the energy level of the plant and acts as a mild natural fungicide. Molasses is the secret ingredient in many organic fertilizers."-Direct quote from his book. I'll tell you right now it is the best stuff to give your plants during the last 4 weeks of flowering. 1tblspoon of molasses has 110 ML of potassium, and if you ever had a discussion with HIM then I'm sure he would have said the same thing. I wonder how many people didn't use MOLasses because of your dumbass post.

14. #55 The Bunker, May 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2011
    I'm good friends with Cheech and Chong, and they said you can use aloe vera juice as a substitute for molasses.