ignorant

Discussion in 'General' started by dynasty, Jun 20, 2007.

1. i'm talking to my friend about all the uses of hemp and how it would help the economy and all, and this girl turns to me and says:

"hemp can't ever be grown! it's used to make marijuana, if it was grown people would just come in and steal it and smoke it. there would also be too much government surveillance required in order to keep people from stealing it."

what an idiot!!!!!!

i sure hope all people that don't smoke marijuana are this ignorant to the subject. if they are then i'm truly scared...

2. Yuuuup.

Read the sig.

3. I'm no expert, but isnt hemp made from male plants, that cant be smoked either way?

:hello:eric:hello:

4. Industrial hemp does not contain enough canabinoids to get you high.

Although if your mind is fickle enough to believe the anti-marijuana lobby, then you probably won't grasp the concept of canabinoid receptors and concentration levels.

5. this sounds like the time my brother told me marijuana was illegal because if it were legal everyone would grow pot instead of corn and beans and our country would starve! :eek:

6. Haha, he obviously has no understanding of economics (i.e. supply and demand)

7. Personally, Im happy hemp isnt grown anywhere near my house. If hemp were grown in your community anyone growing marijuana for smoking in your community would run a serious risk of having a pollinated crop. Pollen can travel for miles and if the weather is dry it will retain its viability for a good period of time.

I say let the hemp be grown somewhere else and imported. Marijuana is one of the US' largest cash crop. We wouldnt want marijuana for smoking jeopardized by marijuana for fiber.