Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

endometriosis + car accident + nerve problem = lots of pain

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by mobiusant, Jun 7, 2007.

1. So, I have a couple of major conditions that are now rearing their ugly heads - I'm 27 and acquired endo in feb. of '06, and I have a nerve problem in the whole left side of my face/body. The nerve was nicked in dental surgery seven years ago, and it hasn't been unbearable, but last March I had a minor car accident where that side of my body was jarred. That condition became worse AND I got a slipped disc in my neck for some extra fun.

Okay, lots of pain, right? And the only thing that I've been able to adequately medicate myself with is marijuana. It was decriminalized recently in my state, MN, and it's on review for becoming medicinal - but if Pawlenty has anything to say about it, that won't happen.

What I'm wondering is there ANY kind of an alternative pain killer out there for me that I can use & not become horribly addicted to or have bad side effects from besides pot? Anything that's herbal that's stronger than Valerian (my cramps are comparable to someone punching me in the stomach over & over again until my whole side is raw to the touch - literally. Valerian doesn't do much to touch that)? Because now that my endo, anxiety, and back problems are in full swing - I'm just smoking too much to afford it anymore. It really makes me mad, too, because if I didn't live in pain, I could have pot mostly for fun like I used to and it'd be a want of mine rather than a necessity. I'm going through about an 8th every two days lately. Not fun.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the medical bill passes sooner rather than later, but I thought I'd take a shot in the dark by posting here in the meantime. I know my options are limited, but if anyone would know a good alternative for me, you guys would. I just want something that relaxes me & gets rid of the pain - I'm not after some huge psychedelic experience, fyi.

Even if you don't have a suggestion, support is always good/wanted. As are ways to make my pot stretch more - I've tried almost everything short of doing a thc oil extraction, which may just be what I have in store for my next bag.

If you made it this far, thanks for reading. :p

2. Crossing fingers doesn't do shit. Get your friends, make signs, picket. Send letters. Go on tv.

Have you ever thought about growing your own plants?

Also, get a vaporizer if you already don't have one... It will save you pot and help your lungs if your smoking that much every day

Good luck.

3. As an alternative to SMOKING weed, if you are able to get the time to do so, I'd suggest making a cannabis butter, get a recipe from one of the many fine online THC chefs, just put cannabis butter recipe in your search engine and you'll get ten thousand of them. Cannabis oils are great too for their versatility. If you make foods with the stuff you can medicate smokelessly, and many people think it is more lasting of an effect.

Unfortunately that won't cut the price, but there's a lot to be said for gardening, your own herbs are always the best!

And please talk to your neurologist about the benefits of cannabis, many of the members of that field are coming around due to the studies on MS patients, some are even starting to recommend cannabis, or at least defend the use. Hope your Feeling Better!

4. I used "crossing my fingers" mostly as a metaphor. The bill has been nearly passed but we need to wait another year for it to become fully approved. We'll see if I get around to being super-active about it, considering that I have a lot of other things to worry about right now, but I'm definitely planning on writing a letter or two.

I'm trying to grow a couple right now outside, but I'm kind of a brown thumb. As much as I'd like them to, plants rarely turn out for me.

And, I'm trying to save money right now - spending money on a vaporizer wouldn't do me any good. Plus I actually hate smoking vaped pot. It's really harsh on my throat and the high makes me feel gross most of the time.

Thanks for the input.

5. Whenever I've tried to make brownies or butter in the past, it never seems like it's lasted longer or been more potent than smoking it - the only time that happened was the first time I did brownies, and someone else had made them.

Do you have a recipe in particular that you like a lot, or any really good recommendations for amount of pot to butter, etc.?

Thanks for the response. :)