Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vietnamese Black

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by sneakers, Jun 1, 2007.

1. I think it's funny how you put the cannabis that you smoked back in the 60's or 70's or whatever on a pedestal like it was some magical sack that you would never find again. Whoever said that the setting was what caused you to enjoy that particular sack so much is probably right. Trichomes are what get you high, they are what contain THC ... THC is what gets you high ... why is this hard for you to accept/understand?

I'd really like to see pictures of what you are smoking now, how you are smoking it ... how did you smoke your herb back then? Have you tried vaporizing? Vaporizing is a different high than just smoking. Maybe try that?

2. Sneakers, could this perhaps be the strain you're referring to, as you couldn't always go by a name of a strain to determine it's country of origin. By the way, this is written by DJ Short, creator of Blueberry, along with other nice strains:

" Black Magic African

This herb is the strongest ever. Although I have only smoked the Black Magic a very limited number of times, and I've never had more than a joint of my own, I feel it needs mention. I did once get to see a bag of this herb that belonged to someone else. It looked like rotted, black leaf, some leaves intact but crumpled, plus a powdery black shake. It had no particular odor other than sweet spicy moldy hay, and rolled best into thin pinjoints.

The smoke was slightly harsh, but with a very deep, rich flavor. I also recall that it produced lots of white smoke. Anyhow, this stuff was dangerous! I often questioned if it was truly pure herb. I have, however, sampled the same product from different sources at different times, all with the same story.

It was equatorial Black African, the supposed herb of some tribe, Pygmy group, or another equally incredible origin! It was likely an indigenous Central African herb. One pinjoint between three or four people was more than adequate. This was truly the most devastating and consciously inebriating herb I have ever smoked.

I do not recall ever passing out or losing consciousness, but I did have to let go in order to come back . This stuff alone could cause one to reach 3.5 pluses on the Shulgin psychedelic rating scale!

I never was able to acquire seeds from the Black African, though I have tried. It is one of the few indigenous strains that I am interested in working with."

3. No pedestal here. I simply asked a question which has been answered. I think something is funny too. I think it is funny how some people get so worked up over a simple question or comment on a friggin forum. Why can't a person look for answers in something they question without a few getting hysterical about it?

Like I said, the answers I looked for were found. One of them here and the other in another thread. StonedWallKid was on the right track also.

This thread started by asking if anyone had heard of vietnamese black. I was hoping to be able to find some seeds. From all of this, one person had the answer so this thread was a success.

Smoke a bowl and chill.

4. True that someones word even then couldn't be counted on. I saw this about Vietnamese Black from Spice Brothers.

Vietnamese x Neville's Haze

Hundreds of Neville's haze f2s were grown out in an effort to show recessive parental traits. After careful selection and tasting we decided on very sativa dominate side of Neville's haze that had a flowering time just short of 15 weeks and had the trippiest profound smoke quality with no paranoia or couch lock. Easy let down and no hang over.

An extremely early flowering Vietnamese male carrying an almost pure single cola shape growth was put over our specially selected Nevs haze girl.
    The Viet male was so early that our girl was not prepared/advanced enough in flowering to take a dusting so pollen was collected and stored until she was ready.

The results have produced a sweet a piny/pepper-fruity aroma and when cured correctly brings out a lovely cameral hashy taste when smoked. Not all off spring will bring this intense thick taste but they all carry slight undertones and very enjoyable.

What rings the bell is the peppery aroma and the caramel hashy taste. I don't remember any pine aroma. If you ever see any Black Magic seeds, please let me know.

Thanks

5. Yeah, because being grown outdoors means the bud HAS to be shitty, right? Get some good connections, try some good Mexican or Colombian import, and prepare to be amazed.

I guess most of you haven't ever tried Acapulco's Gold, Colombian gold/red/black, Panama red or any other imports. I've had some Colombian import that got me even higher than things like sour diesel, donkey dick, orange crush or any kush I've ever had. Try to actually try buds before you start criticizing them.

6. I have smoked those you mentioned but not in ages. It's easy to say "get some connections to xyz" but thats easier said than done. Some of what you mentioned is what I am talking about from "back in the day". Acapulco Gold, Columbian Gold and Panama Red are 3 of them. I had no idea they were still around and many seed distributors don't know it either. From everything I know and have heard Mexican weed lost it's potency due to overgrowing back in the 70s. Paraquat might have had something to do with that. I just remember the potency of Mexican weed dropped like a rock and has never returned.

The Skunk #1 I have is a cross of Acapulco Gold, Columbian Gold and something else. Once I started growing my own it was like what I smoked back in the 70s, no better but sure no worse. I havent actually aquired any of the black I was looking for but saw it being auctioned by the doc and found some Willie Nelson at Rhino Seeds. Maybe one day.

7. there are tons of chemicals in marijuana plants

a good deal of chemicals other than thc have medicinal and inebriatin effects

my guess is that the higher concentrations of thc today cant explain away the different high he got back then because of those other chemicals

he was smoking a different plant, back then

8. The reason why you don't get as high as you did back then is probably becauase of your tolerance, the more you smoke the higher your tolerance goes up and the higher your tolerance goes up the more you have to smoke to get high.

9. I happened to pick up some black weed today for $30 a half Oz. ... it's pretty dank... quite a few seeds but man... it is WAY potent...I'll have to throw some pictures up tomorrow...

10. Greetings From Vietnam.

I have real vietnamese black. No bullshit. been taming it for about 5 years now,

Since i am a capitalist runnning dog, I will soon start offering this strain and maybe another three strains as seed for the Public

These genetics are very unique and come from the herbal tradition of this amazing country, as well as cambodia,western china and Rwanda /Congo .Not the schwag you buy on a street corner in Tay ba lo hell, AKA Pham ngu lao

Everybody in their dog has a seed strain now, But i am a grass smoking herpetologist so the last decade or so has seen me in southeast asia and central africa, where there are cobras there is Great weed! I was always picking up a little here a little there.I want other people to try these out so I decided to offer them.I will put up a simple website and comprehensive info on these strains.some were a real trip to get ahold of!
    (like in cambodia, with the antique smuggler, or inthe congo "guerillas" not "gorillas"! cut me off from the roads for a week, I had traveled into the interior to a Mining shanty town where a signififcant amount of ganja was growing and ended up having to walk the 30 kilometers back to a town to barter passage) Thank god i had a crazy south african combat cameraman show me the ropes of surviving in africa and other interesting places.

I have 4 primary strains Stabilized that will be offered after TET,The year of the buffalo
    After febuary, Con Chau is a lucky animal.

Just thought i would post about this here since people are still interested in it.

Fresh genetics are a good thing.

Vietnamese black is what i like to call "spiritual vitamins"

Power to the people
    Uncle ho

11. I don't know about weed know vs. the 70's, but I do know that when I was in Vietnam a couple of years ago, I smoked some of the craziest weed I've ever smoked. I was practically tripping on it.

12. I think you're gonan like these vids:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grFYYkAFsRo"]YouTube - The Grow Show - THC percentages, do they add up? (part 1)[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmClZUHpLw8&feature=related"]YouTube - The Grow Show - THC percentages, do they add up? (part2)[/ame]

Watch both of em, lots of info on what you're referring to.

Joe

13. this man knows what he's talking about. listen, and knowledge of the ancient genetics will be bestowed upon you.

Lets not forget this recient news story: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28034925/

14. It's called tolerence, cool worse weed got you high back then /thread.

15. #55 garrison68, Dec 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2008
    I don't remember if I ever had black Vietnamese, but I used to get Black gungi. We thought it was from Africa, but I googled it and it apparently came from India. There are accounts of Black Gungi being in NYC, probably Harlem, as early as the 1930's and 40's. I wasn t' around in those days, but I had it in the early 1970's. GREAT stuff - we also called it Black Whack. It was 100 bucks an ounce, one of the most expensive brands available, costing as much as, or more than, some types of hash.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

16. yeah...your tolerance aint what it was back in the day....but thai, lao, vietnamese, malawi, santa marta.acapulco, oaxaca, jamaican, etc. will kick your ever livin' ass TODAY! they all have high thc/ low cbd...and now, home grown doesn't mean miracle gro and potting soil! I'm planning on getting some viet' or lao, malawi, and santa marta next winter for summer outdoor. I'm overloaded right now...but I remember a few episodes back in the day- like the time my friend cleaned out the bottom of his old man's stashbox:acapulco gold...we walked around for hours in a watercolor catoonland! or the time with colombian brick weed(santa marta)...I was usually the heavyweight of the group...I had to crawl home 5 blocks! it took me 3 hrs.! or the party where they had this sickly dark green thai weed...almost lost bodily function! -but my brain was racing! I lucked out on that, cause the party got busted, and they didn't see me cringing in the bushes!:D most of the weed back then flat out sucked though. mostly from poor growing/ harvesting/shipping...like the burmese crap you get in thailand...if grown properly it would take your head off! but they let it seed out, and dry it in the sun!(thailand is too hardcore anti drugs these days, so good luck finding decent weed there! SORELY disappointed!)... I want to create my own personal haze next year- vietnamese/lao x malawi/trainwreck. nothin' l love more than super sativas!

17. #57 Cottonmouth 85, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    Have none of you ever seen the Revival of the Ultimate Sativa Thread?

It answers all of these questions. About potency, what happened to weed through the years, etc.

You know that HAZE stuff you guys all read about but can never buy? Only fake knockoff hazes. Maybe a jack herer here or there. Or what New Yorkers/Floridians think is haze.

The real deal are crosses made from mexican, thai, indian, etc. Weed is just as potent as it ever was. The plant hasn't changed.

What changed is there used to be fields of 15ft sativas that could grow as long as they want. Nowadays all you see is regs or 60 day and under indicas.
    But 99.9% of you wouldn't have a clue. All you smoke are commercial cash crops you bought from dealers. Crosses of NL, skunk, afghani, big bud. Most of you have literally never had a REAL sativa whether you think so or not.

EDIT: sneakers I tried sending you a pm. If you didn't get it please PM me and I'll give you the link to that thread.

18. #58 Chinner, Mar 30, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2009
    Sneakers, listen here im an old pot smoker and have been for the past 45 years. The funny thing is that all these kids today think they have really good killer shit, but in my opinion my mexican (what they call dirt or swag) is better than the so called kush they get. It was funny to hear you mention columbian, and red, because that was my favorite bud off all time. As I can remember that columbian gold, which we called the 2 toker, was a high so bad you wanted to come down off of it. Im not hating on all the people that say they have diesel or purple or dro or whatever u say, but I would put a million dollars in cash that nobody and I mean nobody could finish a joint without be scared to death and getting put on your ass. The guy i got it from passed away years ago, and I have never ever seen weed like that since. A couple people in my town say they have the best and sell it for anywhere between 30-45 a gram. Well i smoked it and it had the taste and look but no buzz what so ever. Just letting you know that i know how you are feeling. This is from personal experience also! just message me if you want to talk or ask questions!

the thing i find funny is all of your other topics, and the way you talk, you might be a cop or a fed. maybe u live in a country where weed is legal, if so i c but if not im just suspicious

19. im sure back then there were alot of pure strains...

no hybrids..

that possibly could ammount to the difference in highs???

i dont know im just throwing my 2cents out thurrr for ya:wave:

20. I smoked Columbian Gold back in the late 70's and have to agree that higher THC levels don't necessarily mean a stronger effect! We smoked mainly what would be considered shwag by todays standards and pinners at that. It would get several people very high.
    I'd like to pull a pinner out of that and get todays pot snob high. Then after he begged to know what he smoked, I'd then pull out a bag of seeds,stems,and leaves and blow his mind!!! Vietnamese Black is still around. Just need to find the right people who still carry it in their seed stockpile.