Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Vietnamese Black

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by sneakers, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Back in 1968 and 1969 we used to get some pot that was called Vietnamese Black. It was most likely smuggled back from Vietnam by our soldiers coming home from war. What I remember about it is it was extremely good. I havent seen any since then but it definately left an impression on me even 40 years later. Some friends and I spent a month smoking that stuff one weekend.

Does anyone else remember that strain?
    Has anyone seen it since then?

I wonder if there are any seeds available for it anywhere.

sneakers

2. Hang on, "Some friends and I spent a month smoking that stuff one weekend." Is that a contradiction, or am i just blowed as hell? I just smoked a blunt of schwagg and a joint of pure hydro. damn im high. but yeah, isnt that a contradiction?

3. ROFL joker

4. hahahahahahahahaha

5. THC levels for marijuana back in the 60's and 70's for most strains, were way down compared to most stuff u see today, so yeah, don't worry about it lol. get some real dank now, and it will most likely have a higher THC count

6. They keep saying that MJ is so much stronger now but personally, I don't see it myself. We used to buy a big heaping bag for 10 bux and you could barely even close the bag. It was all leaf and I never get stoned now (on buds) like I used to smoking shake back then. Maybe it is resistance or something. It was about the mid 70s when it seemed as if our smoke made a turn for the worse. We started hearing names like Columbian, Panama Red, etc. and it wasn't long after that we started to hear about sensimilla (spelling). Of course by this time prices had skyrocketed to like 30 bux an oz. I just dont get the same buzz today that I did back then. I hear it on the news and stuff that it is so much stronger now but I haven't seen any kind of study or research to back up those words. Perhaps the THC content is greater now but is the THC the same strength as it was back then?

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying today is bad, I just feel yesterday was better as far as the high. The taste today is definately better. There is definately a greater variety today. Today's buzz is good but 1 joint doesnt always make me feel like I have taken acid or something as it did then.

Might be interesting to see what other old timers have to say about it. If noone responds to this post, perhaps it might make a good thread.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. "Thai stick was a form of marijuana popular in the United States during the late '60s and early '70s, .<SUP class="noprint Template-Fact">[citation needed]</SUP> It consisted of premium buds of seedless marijuana which were skewered on marijuana stems. Several rows of string found in the stalk of the marijuana plant were then used to tie the marijuana to the stem and therefore, keep it in place. Thai-stick bud may also be tied around bamboo sticks with a piece of string known as a "rasta hair".

I dont know that sounds pretty goddamn good to me

8. I dont remember seeing thai stick until early to mid 70s. I only had some a few times. It was pretty good but I dont think that even Thai was as good as some of the premo bud we see today and a lot of the regular street weed from the late 60s to early 70s.

9. You must not be getting DANK now then.

10. Forreal...you must still be smokin that schwagg from 'back in the ole days'

Put up your 50 an oz brick against my NYC Sour Diesel x x SOMA G13 and we'll see whats better and how higher you get from my dankskies.

Seriously, when I harvest, you have to smoke real bud.

11. That must have been some pot. But really, about 2-3 years ago i came across this stuff called "Black Magic". It was pretty dry weed that was black...not dark brown or purple, but straight black. I only saw the bag for a few seconds but it was pretty much shake with a couple little nuggets in it. But for looking like horrid shit, and smelling like wet hay, it packed an insane punch. We smoked a single, rather small joint between 3 people and after about 15 minutes i couldnt even stand up, hell i could barely even see straight. This was in MD, 40 years after what your talking about so i doubt it was the same strain or in the same family

12. The thing about that old stuff is that it was all mexican weed. Can't even get it anymore and if you find some, it isn't worth the effort to even look at. I have had some good stuff just not in awhile. All I smoke now is bud (unless I run out and have to roll roaches or sift seeds). Although I always get bud, some of it does have seeds. A couple of months ago someone wanted to sell me what they claimed to be dro for 25 bux a 1/4. Real dro is gonna go for at least 7 bux a gram and that wouldnt be for the best stuff either. This stuff was some nice looking bud but was full of seed and wasn't the best I have ever had but it was ok. Surely nothing like in the good ole days. (do i sound like your father?) Maybe because I was so much younger 40 years ago that I have such memories of "trippin so good on my smoke". If i had all of the bux spent on MJ over the years, heh, i just might buy microsoft. LOL

Im fixin to do a grow soon. gonna try my hand at hydroponics. I was looking at some seeds today, so much to choose from. I did some hydro tomatoes about 10 years ago so it isn't like it will all be foreign to me. I do understand the principle. Also grew my own bud a few times in the 80s, even had a hidden room with a metal halide light in it. It was awesome. It was hidden in a 10'X30' building in my back yard. I had sectioned off a 6'X10 room on one end, totally stealth. One time I had a carpenter there doing some work and that work included putting a new roof on that entire little building. I will never forget the look on those guys faces when they pulled off the old roof and deck and saw this 6'X10' hidden room, all painted white they had been working close to for a couple of days and didnt know it. Of course I had it all cleaned out then. These guys were straight. By the time they left I think at least the carpenter (not sure about his helper) had himself talked into putting a hidden room in his house to hide guns and whatever else in. Maybe stocking it with end of the world supplies. LOL

I am particularly fond of skunk. haven't had any in awhile. I was looking at seed boutique today at some of the strains they have. Going to be a hard decision to make. I am building my grow space in a 3'X6'X8' closet. plan to cover the walls with mylar. for veg i plan to use a fluro and some CFLs. I found some 75 Watt CFLs that are coded as "Daylight Bulbs". The light looks like the color of those blueish colored grow lights. Once the veg is done, plan to flower under a 400 Watt MH. I realize I have to do some more planning and experimenting before I get it all down. Been reading alot on this forum the last few days. This is what actually drew me to this forum a few days ago.

From what I am reading, I should be able to grow more in that closet than what I will be able to suck into my face. this is something thought about for many years and might be time to make it a reality. kind of a dream i have had. I would like to grow several different kinds over the next year or two with the goal being to grow more than I can smoke. I would love to have a nice collection of 4 or 5 different strains on hand so I can have a nice variety. Will have to find the best way to store it. Probably in a vacuum sealed bag in the freezer. I would like to make a spare bedroom that I have into a grow room and be able to grow more kinds and keep moms to use for clones of my favorites. The big problem with that is the electric company seeing my bill shoot skyward and getting a visit from my local dea agent. Perhaps a gradual buildup over a couple of years wouldn't catch someones eye.

This sure got off topic from Vietnamese Black AND from the quality of the MJ in the 60s and 70s.

So Trippin and Mr Juana, did you ever smoke any of the MJ from the 60s and early 70s?

13. Sounds like you smoked some low grade heroin mixed with some weed

14. i dont remember ever seeing heroin in leafy form, this was marijuana...no question

15. The weekend we smoked that black, I was in jr. high school. It was like 1969. A friend of mine and his brother had a clubhouse in their backyard. This clubhouse had a blacklight, posters and the works. One Friday night we and a couple more friends had an oz. of the Black and were spending the night in that clubhouse in his backyard. We got ripped. At one point we put Murine Eyedrops in our eyes in case his mom came out she wouldn't rip us off.

Ever see Murine under a blacklight?

It glows. Where it had streaked down our faces from our eyes after putting in drops was a glowing streak. We looked like a bunch of psychadelic indians We had never seen this before and were freaking out when all of a sudden his mother walked in. Fortunately she didnt see any of the pot or papers or anything but those streaks on our faces couldnt be hidden. She asked what they were. Her son (Louis) told her is was blood veins showing under the blacklight and we could even see them on her face. We all agreed with him.

Apparently she bought it cuz she left and we continued what we were doing.

• Like Like x 1

16. Man thats bullshit not all bud from back then was shwagg and where is the proof that what we have now is more potent

17. Higher potency marijuana is healthier becuase you can smoke less of it and get the same high.

EDIT: The proof is that now we use High Pressure Sodium, Mercury Vapor, CFLs, Hydroponics, and use technology they really didnt have in the 70's. Now you can control your grow a lot more.

18. I had always heard about Acapulco Gold. Never saw it just heard about it until 1978 when a guy I worked with who was from Insiana was always talking about getting Gold in Indiana. I never believed him until he made a trip home for a visit and came back with an lb. of Gold to sell to me. A beautiful gold colors, all small buds, smooth taste and a great high.

I am only going by memory about the quality back then. I remember it as better as do any of my friends who smoke and we have talked about it. I know people say that it is stronger now but here is my question...

Has anyone that says it is stronger now ever smoke any MJ from back in the late 60s or early 70s ?

Tests are one thing, physical proof from personal experience is hard to beat.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. More than just a gold color. It was more of a bright yellow, seriously.

• Like Like x 1
  20. my whole family tells me that

one time i dropped my bag at thanksgiving and my aunt and uncle saw it and started talking about pot. It took me 40 mins to get the balls to ask if they wanna smoke and they were down. they took like 3 hits and were like god damn, thats potent. They said it never took them just 3 hits. and it was just half decent mids i got for 40 bucks a quart