Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

1. But for you the test is over might as well. I know after I take mine I will have to resist the urge to take a couple of footballs lol

2. Anyone now if quest works weekends/ holidays? The waiting game is killing me. It's a shame that a little recreational MJ can cost a job. I've never smoked or been high at work. Too bad that doesn't matter. Damn it anyway.

3. I wish i knew. Hang in there. i just took a pre-test friday and its killing me too!! i just want to know. Its driving me crazy. I keep thinking about what am i going to do if its positive the only thing i can do is cut my hair shorter and continue with the mac/gman method bleach and redye method and Heet and gas and pray. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

4. I just got my results from my pre-test:

HAIR FOLLICLE MULTI-DRUG TEST

This test screens for the following drug classes:

Amphetamines: Amphetamine, Methamphetamine and Ecstasy
    Cocaine: Cocaine/Cocaine Metabolite (Benzoylecgonine, Norcocaine, Cocaethylene)
    Opiates: Codeine, Morphine, Heroin Metabolite
    Phencyclidine: PCP
    THC Metabolite: Marijuana

Drugs Tested For Result Screening
    Cut Off Level* Confirmation
    Cut Off Level*
    Amphetamines Negative 500 pg/mg 500 pg/mg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cocaine/Metabolites Negative 500 pg/mg 500 pg/mg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opiates Negative 300 pg/mg 300 pg/mg

Phencyclidine Negative 300 pg/mg 300 pg/mg

THC Metabolite Negative 1.00 pg/mg 0.30 pg/mg

*picograms per milligram of hair

HAIR DRUG TEST RESULTS Qty Found

Negative
    A negative result indicates that none of the drugs listed above were detected at a concentration greater than their listed cutoff levels.

I am in shock :eek::eek::eek:

Im not taking this as good im still going to do everything including cut my hair a little more but i just might be able to sleep tonight

5. Congrats! You should be good!:hello: I'm still waiting, supposed to get scheduled for orientation this week.........If I do pass:confused:

6. this made me feel a little better

The chemicals in hair relaxers penetrate deep into the hair shaft and loosen the natural curl pattern located inside the hair cortex. Once the curl has been loosened, the hair becomes straight and this structure cannot be reversed

What is hair testing?
    Since hair growth is fed by the bloodstream, the ingestion of drugs of abuse is revealed by analyzing a small sample of hair. Our testing method measures the drug molecules embedded inside the hairshaft.

You did a relaxer and bleach and redye

7. I really really hope so like i said i still plan on following the steps and getting another pre-test better safe than sorry

8. That does help! I should know sometime today......praying!

9. #1689 BaldSoon, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2012
    Well after my HairConfirm negative i freaked out after reading some people passed hairConfirm but failed the real test. So i wrote the company because i wanted to know if any traces of drugs were found in my SAMPLE this is what the wrote back.

Dear

Thanks for using HairConfirm products. Hair multi-drug tests are based on
    Cut-off levels. Laboratories in US, they do not look for trace values lower
    than the industry standard cut-off levels, so we are not able to provide
    this information on the test results.

Unless you request or ask for custom medical test from the laboratory , they
    will test the sample with certain standards. This type of custom tests are
    pricy ($125-$175), cut-off levels can go 3-5 times down according to
    standard tests. Which means they will look for the trace level or a really
    low drug concentrations.

There is available commercial test in the retail market, as I mentioned you
    need to deal with laboratory directly.

Sincerely,
    HairConfirm

So went to a Lab like i did the first time and shelled out the cash for a test.

Then i did a at home test that Psychemedics offers

So in the end i will have a test from Omega (hairConfirm), Quest and Psychemedics.

I also called the company that does the hair test for the place that i am trying to work and they say they use Omega labs which also does Hairconfirm which i passed. I will let you know the results of the other two test.

I am so stressed still :( i cant wait for this to be over. I just need these other two pre-test to come back negative!!! and the final test of course but i need some more peace of mind.

NotsoFree i am praying for you! Let me know the results

10. had to give my hair a break after relaxer but i am bleaching redying this weekend

11. Got my hair relaxed and trimmed up yesterday. Don't know if it had lye. But my scalp still stings a bit...and my hair is straight. Gonna get a store one w lye and redo in bout a week...still don't know when test is gonna be

12. [quote name='"dancingmamabear"']Got my hair relaxed and trimmed up yesterday. Don't know if it had lye. But my scalp still stings a bit...and my hair is straight. Gonna get a store one w lye and redo in bout a week...still don't know when test is gonna be[/quote]

Thanks for the update do you plan on doing a bleach and re dye also? Im am on pins an needles waiting for results of second test I should know tomorrow

13. Definitely. But my scalp hurts from the relaxer so I'm giving my head a break I'm glad that I can. It hurt to just shampoo my head today...I'm gonna wait a few weeks till I start the bleach re dye...

14. just got second Pre-Test from Psychemedics (PDT-90) NEGATIVE across the board.

I got negative from Omega and Psychemedics and now im just waiting on Quest should be here today.

15. Just got Quest results NEGATIVE

Omega----- at home
    Psychemedics------at home
    Quest----------Lab

Negative

Now its time for the real one with Omega

16. Whats up all,

New to the forum. Question and story. Back in 2008, I went on spring break and smoked twice during the week and took a TON of adderral. About a month and a half later I landed an internship and had to take a hair test. I got the Test'in hair mud and did the apple vinegar and tide routine and passed!

Fast forward to now. I have a hair test coming on Thursday. I rarely smoke anymore. Literally 60 days ago, I took one hit out of a water bong. I was retarded high but that was the last time I smoked. About 30 days ago I got my hair cut real short and its a little longer than half an inch now. I took about 20mg of adderal on new years (20 days ago). Does adderal even show up on hair test? I just bought the hair mud just in case. Do you think that I should just do the hair mud or should I couple it with anything else? This is real big for me and I need to pass. Thanks for the help guys.

17. this shit freaked me out man, im all paranoid now thinkin bout drug test's in general but congrats on ur achievement props!

18. Adderal will show up as a amphetamine. and yes it is one of the things they test for. The million dollar question is did you take enough for it to show up. if you look at my other post there is a cut off. I have no idea if your over it.

19. #1699 Lyssa329, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2012
    Ok, here's my situation:
    I am a HEAVY smoker. At least 2-3 fatties a day. I recently had a baby and didn't smoke during my pregnancy, but she's 5 months old now and I've smoked "reguarly" during that time. My husband just lost his job a few months ago and I got a temp job offer at a great company. It was just supposed to be for a month, but I apprently made a really good impression and the PRESIDENT of the company hired me and gave me a great raise on top of it. I persosnally know one of the managers and another lady that have been at the company for 20+ yrs who also smoke, and I know the pres used to party back in the day too. He's pretty cool... The prob is, this company does HFT and blood tests when you're hired. I've already been hired - my benefits start in about 2 weeks... they never tested me... but I'm scared they will, they just overlooked it because I started as a temp (not through an agency though - I knew someone that suggested me to the mgr). I was offically hired on 1/3/11 and stopped smoking that day. It's only been 17 days and I know it will take about 2 months for THC to naturally leave my body. I've taken a body cleanser (Omni) about a week ago and have been drinking water. I will probably pass a pee test, but I know for sure that they do HFT. I have long dark blond hair, 5'7" and about 140lbs. I bought All Clear but have not ussed it yet. I've been researching and saw a lot of people rely on the Mac method... i am considering doing this at least a few times, but there is a chance that they may not even test me since I'm already hired in. Everyone likes me there a lot. I didn't even interview for this job and the pres hired me. I need to fill out the paperwork for my benifits, but I'm scared to say anything to HR fearing they will notice I didn't do the test.... If they make me test, it will be on the spot (that day) and the clinic is just down the street from my job. I won't know before hand, so I won't know when to use the shampoo.... the lady at the shop told me hair follicles grow every 7 hrs, that's why the shampoo only last for a short time. Need advise.... is it really necessary to do the harsh treatment? Has anyone passed with long hair just by using a cleansing shampoo or do I absolutley need to use the mac method?

20. From what i have read i doubt that shampoo alone will help. Your situation is unique because you don't know when they will test and you have no time to prepare.

30 days is 1/2 inch clean hair. So if you stay clean you dont have to worry about the new growth but the rest of your hair besides that 1/2 is what you have to worry about.

I am a fan of the Jerry G method the bleach and re-dye 3 or more times but thats me. How i understand it is unless you destroy the metabolites in you hair it will always be there but they only test for 90 days which is 1.5 inches of hair as you abstain from drugs the new hair is clean

I believe the bleach and re dye is the best way to get to the hair shaft to destroy the metabolites its cheap and no one will notice because you dye your hair back the same color

and as a last resort i believe in a hair relaxer the kind for black hair

but thats my opinion