Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

1. Just an update. So my test was sent to Omega labs since it was not a pre-employment test and I passed!!! No idea if it was low usage or the methods but I'm good to take the real one now!!

What I meant is, a drug testing company can't accurately test 12 months into your PAST using a single hair sample. They would have to sample 6 inches of your hair at one time to capture a full 12 months, because hair grows at 1.5 inches per 90 days. 

Anyway, what i know is that most test labs don't guarantee accuracy beyond 90 days / 1.5 inches...  no doubt this is due to some chemistry reason that is beyond my understanding.

Moving forward, yes, they can set up a regimen of quarterly tests. But then, you can just choose not to use drugs from now on, and you're all set.

Hope this makes sense. Best of luck!

3. I passed a hair test for pre employment!!
    First Ill tell you my history.
    for the past year I smoked weed pretty often. about 6 months ago I cut back pretty much. the last time I smoked prior to taking the hair test was 30 days ago. prior to that I took 2 hits off a pipe(medical grad really good shit!) in 2 weeks in a row prior to the 30 days clean. I took a job not knowing about a hair test,and I about shit myself when they wanted it done right now! I PASSED!!! Im not even gonna lie I was amazed!
     im 45 years old 6'3 320# blond hair. I always drank alot of water,and ice tea,and I smoke cigeretts.
    after my test I was freaking out, just like you are right now cuz your reading this LOL. hope this might help calm peoples nerves a little. btw my sample was sent to Indianapolis  IN

4. So I just got accepted into the plumbers Union. I took the test 2 years ago and finally got a response now well since January 2015 I only smoked once that was 10 days ago stupidly I regret it but what could you do. Now I got a hair sample test in the next few weeks it's a hair and piss test. I am 5 ft 9 in 245 lbs smoking once in 3 months just ten days ago what exactly can I do do I have any chance of passing without shampoos or should I go out and do this method. Now since this post is from 2007 and its 2015 is there any new products or anything new I can do please help need this job!!

Thanks!!!

5. I am a 6'3 250 pound male all my hair is less then 1/2 inch long and thin and blond.  So what will they do if its that short on threw out my body?  I have been clean now for 10 days.  I don't know when I will have to take a hair follicle drug test but I am trying to seek employment so that's why i quit I was a everyday user probably smoked 7 grams a week but it was very strong stuff. I am going to try the MacCujo way I got The Paul Mitchell III clarifying shampoo since I couldn't afford the Aloe Rid shampoo since it was like 200 dollars on the internet and I didn't have that kind of money.  I also got the clean & clear deep cleaning and White vinegar or should I try Apple?  I bought a take home test to see if I can pass it.  I was thinking about taking it in a week or 2.  Are there suggestions I should try I need to pass it if I have to take one which I hope not.

6. So I took my real hair test today and it was psychemedics. Pretty confident that the cutoff levels for THC-COOH are 1pg/10mg which is the same test I took a few weeks ago and passed. Not to mention today is 84 days from my last hit and my hair only measured 1.25". Should be fine and I'll post when I find out.

7. Passed my test for pre-employment! Still don't know if it was the method I used or infrequent use but I'm in! Good luck everyone! I will try and help answer any questions you guys have!

8. Normally not a poster, but I really had trouble finding UP-TO-DATE info on these tests.

Tested 3-12-15, results 3-16-15 !

I too was shocked to find out I was having a Hair test, I was studying for a UA!

Had 1 day notice, scoured forums all over, consensus says most products don't work, but I felt I should try something, just in case.

Me: short light blond hair (I know that was a plus from the start.) Heavy smoker back in the late 70's- all through the 80's. Nowadays, I am a "one hit wonder" but every other day for months.

Anticipating a Piss test, I had stopped for 2 weeks- no help for the HFT.

I had 1 day notice. I ordered 2 products from Amazon-

Sarken Nutrition Stat Hair Detox Shampoo Kit $25.49

Zydot Ultra Clean Shampoo $12.89

My hair is fine, but usually doesn't take well to anything fancy- I am a wash and air dry guy... Blow dryers, mousse -no, I don't even use conditioner, because it leaves my hair flat for days!

Both products say to use 2 treatments (Split shampoo product in half), use rinse and conditioner, repeat. You are supposed to leave each stage in for 15-30 minutes. Because my hair seems sensitive, I only left each stage in for 5 minutes.

I used the Sarken as directed, except I did not use the hair cap they say to put on over the shampoo for 30 minutes. Did it twice per the directions.
    The Zydot I used the whole bottle and did 1 treatment.

Might I have passed anyway? I don't know. But the job offer was awesome, so I did what little I could in the time I had.                                            

9. That's a tough call since we would only be basing this on the Zydot and the sarken kit. Removing THC from hair is easier than other drugs but I have no idea if those products work on short notice. Today is supposed to be the results right?

10. QuestioN : PLEASE HELP:

I quit smoking on December 12th, 2014 then on January 1st smoked all day, then quit again, then I stayed clean till January 17th and took only 1 hit, then I quit for GOOD, I did this becuase I have a hair test. Then on Febuary 4th which was now 19 days since my last hit, I shaved my entire body head and underarms, EVERYTHING!! I found out that the hair test will be testing the hair from my ARMPIT, MY QUESTION IS....... Will the new hair that is growing be clean for the test, with all these facts in mind? PLEASE HELP. thank you all!!!

11. Treat your hair with the information present in this thread if you want a better chance. There is no guarantee you will pass but give yourself the best chance to succeed. Read the chemistry of what they do to extract the metabolite from the follicle and do it before they can.

12. #4952 Truckerwife4/20, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
    Ok so this is my story. My husband decided that he wanted to go to trucking school. He is 31 average built about 170lbs 6ft1ins tall.He was a heavy weed smoker,we knew that I order for him to get and keep this job he would have to quite for the life time of his career.He was scheduled to start trucking feb 2,2015 so he stopped smoking January 5th with in ten days his urine was clean and might I add he does not drink water soda an juice he only drinks water if he has no other choice. He started school passed the UA got his license he has a felony which was back in 2002 but he still got a pre hire but didn't take them he picked another big company and was told that he would have to do a physical which would enclude UA and HFT we knew he would pass the UA but became so stressed about the HFT because we knew that would go back several months. So we did have money to buy those expensive cleaners and stuff so we used what we had,which was the Malibu hair treatment some 40vol developer and tee tree conditioner nioxen shampoo and conditioner.We didn't even think to shave all other hair until after the test and reading this forum. The freaking took hair from his underarm after all that work I was pissed stressed every worst fare was my reality. I keep reading post after post for days. Mind he is black so the hair on his head was not long enough they said. So he took the test on a Friday so we had the whole weekend and about 3 days during the week of stress he got the call today HE PASSED THAT SHIT !!!!! All I can say is thank you God you answered our prayers he was weed free 68 days the day of the test and he still going with no urge to start again. So my advise is to just stop! It's not worth it when he's retired we can smoke as much as we want😄

13. I'm sorry my post is showing more than once I don't know why it did that or how to fix it

14. yo everyone.

brown hair 2 inches on top, 0.5 inches on sides and back
    265 pounds (power lifter)
    6 foot
    daily smoker
    at least a gram a day, high quality nugs
    psychemedics and omega labs

-rubbed white vinegar into scalp and hair then put on shower cap
    -after 15 minutes i rubbed more white vinegar into my hair and scalp and put on the shower cap
    -without rinsing i rubbed clean and clear astringent into my scalp and hair put on shower cap
    -wait in pain for 20 minutes
    -rub in tide liquid detergent and put shower cap back on
    -waited 10 minutes then washed out with warm water
    -half a bottle of tsal into a bowl, mixed it with a tablespoon of clorox bleach. the tsal turns amber/red after stirring for about a minute
    -half a bottle of selsum blue (the kind with 3% salic acid) mixed with a tablespoon of clorox bleach. fizzes after stirring
    -put on the tsal mix, rubbed into scalp and hair. waited 20 minutes with shower cap then washed out with warm water
    -put on the selsum blue mix, rubbed into scalp and hair. waited 20 minutes with shower cap then washed out with warm water
    -another capful of tide rub it into my hair and scalp, waited 10 minutes and rinsed with warm water
    -handful of aussie 3 minute miracle, fresh shower cap, 30 minutes

i bought a bunch of hair confirm hair tests (omega labs) and i did a bunch of "experiments". last smoked 2/9/15 had the HFT on 3/31/15. I did this method twice on 2/17 waited 2 hours then sent in a sample. and my results were positive for 4.38 pg/mg. did the method again on the 23rd and then on the 24th waited 2 hours and sent in another sample. came back positive for 2.38 pg/mg. did this method again on march 1st and then march 2nd. waited 2 hours and sent in a sample. came back positive for 1.26 pg/mg. had to take a short break cuz my head was in bad shape (tender as fuk) on march 7th i did the method again. then on march 10th i did the method again. then on march 12 i did the method twice, once fully and then once half assed because it hurt so bad. waited 3 hours this time then sent in the sample. came back negative. waited until march 23 and sent in another sample. i was cocky because i thought this was permanent. what i didnt realize is that as long as you are pissing dirty, your blood will be dirty and your hair will be growing dirty. didnt piss clean til march 21st. so from march 12 to march 21st my blood was depositing thc metabs into my hair. so i sent a hair sample in with no treatment on the 23rd and it came back positive 1.62 pg/mg on march 27th. on march 28th i did the method in full. on march 29th i did the method in full except that i could only bear the clean and clear for 15 minutes. on march 30th i did the vinegar in full then i poured the astringent on my head and went to rub it in but it hurt so bad that i immediately put on the tide after about a minute. the rest of it i did in full. on march 31st i tried to do it in full. i put the vinegar on and after about a minute it hurt so bad that i skipped over the clean and clear and started scrubbing my hair with the tide. got through the tsal but when i got to the selsum i only had it in for 10 minutes then had to wash out because it hurt too bad. did the rest in full. then i went to the testing facility. i finished the method at 2pm and she took my sample at 5pm. That was yesterday. I will post the results when i get them. it was going to psychemedics labs.  

15. Does anyone know if the results are positive for THC, does the testing lab have to call you to inform you of the result (and perhaps ask for a reason why this may be) before they call HR? Or is HR going to be the ones calling me telling me that I tested positive?

16. if i pass this, i am going to keep the hair on my head short and my body hair shaved..... except for the hair on my taint. so when i get random hair tested they are going to have no choice but to lay me down boxers off with my knees up toward my chest. i hope it tickles like a motherfuker while they shave it. and i wont wipe my ass very well if i know the test is coming ahead of time.

• Like Like x 1
  17. update: AA female 22y.o took hft today with psychemedics,,,about 3 inches of hair stopped mj use oct 13 after moderate use from 8/8.... on february 17 used pcj cream relaxer for about 15min...afterward did a total of about 6 macujos within a 2 week span- vinegar,cc,tide, then tsal mixed in baking soda on about 2. then 4/1 did another relaxer for 25min washed out with zydot. also did another zydot this morning took test at 3pm. Really not hopeful but i promised i would keep the site informed :/ 

18. #4958 MindRacingWhiteGuy, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2015
    dude you're good. you've had like 5 in a half months of not smoking. they wont test the whole 3 inches, just an inch and a half. which goes back like 3 months. you didn't even have to do any of that shit to your scalp. and what does "AA female" mean?

19. fml just looked at were she cut and she cut from the bottom!! im fucked, my only hope now is that if i fail which im sure i will now i have extensions in my hair and when i went left middle portion of my hair out..maybe i can tell mro that collector cudve accidently gotten sum of the extension in the sample which is what caused positive??????
    worried sick, im never smoking again[​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Are you sure? When they collect hair for a test they cut close to the scalp. I think in your panic, you might be seeing things. I have never heard of someone collecting from the bottom of the hair.