Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

1. I figure i'm indebted to this thread for helping me pass my hair test. Here's my story:

Male, 160 lbs, fit and fast metabolism.
    Smoked occasionally (once or twice every two weeks or so) leading up until 4/20/14 (last smoke for a while). 

Did not smoke again until August 7th, when I smoked a fat gram joint with my brother (mostly me smoking). Later that month I got extended a job offer which I did not expect, and found out I had a hair follicle test on September 2nd. Freaked out, as this means I'll inevitably have traces in my hair since it was a month before and I couldn't really shave my head bald. 

Did the Mac method for three consecutive days after I discovered I had the test (~August 23-26) and continued to wash my hair with Tsal shampoo. I also spend hours and hours outside in the sun, because I was under the impression that uv rays help. Day before the test I did another Mac method, got a hair trim (hair was ~ 1.5 inches) and the day of the test I soaked my hair in baking soda before washing with Tsal. 

Passed the test with flying colors. Not sure if I was in the clear to begin with seeing as I hadn't been smoking heavily, but I believe the Mac method had some effect, if not easing my mind. Good luck folks! 

2. #4702 Bruce_Banner_5, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
    Well just got the call that I failed my HFT through Quest Diagnostics. I have been a regular smoker of high quality weed for years and have been unemployed for a while and rarely even get called back for interviews so the current company caught me by suprise and I hadnt even stopped smoking at all. Common sense also was telling me that it was going to be a common urine analysis and I would just substitute the pee with my friends clean pee. Well come time for the interview the lady asks me if I can pass a hair follicle test, my heart dropped, but I said yes. She told me she needed my social security card before she could start the process so to stall for time I told her I dont have it with me and its somewhere at home and then I asked if I could just bring it to her tomorrow because I have to get back to my other job (currently unemployed). Anyways I called around and scoured the internet for any chance I might have to beat it because job opportunities dont come knocking at my door everyday so I had to try some way. So I read up on the macujo method and it seemed to have some success so I went around town and bought the necessary supplies. While riding around I rode past a local smoke shop that I didnt even know existed (this seemed like I was meant to pass). So I go in and this indian tells me he has some shampoo that he sells alot of and people have had some success with it. So I bought the shampoo for $20 along with the macujo supplies. So I get home at around 9 that night from a long day of trying to find some way to pass this and begin applying macujo method as follows:

1. Applied vinegar to head rubbed in and let sit for 30 min.

2. Soaked hair in Clean n Clear on top of the vinegar and let sit for 30 min.

3. Scrubbed hair with Tide laundry detergent and let sit for 30 min.

4. Scrubbed and rinsed out hair with T-Sal shampoo.

5. Went to sleep around 12 and woke up at 8.

6. Applied Baking soda paste to hair and let sit for around 45 min.

7. Rinsed hair out and washed with the shampoo I bought from smoke shop (high voltage detox shampoo).

Went back to the place and finally took my drug test within about 2 hours. My hair was visibly frizzy and dry at this point. They took a good bit of hair from the back of my head right below the crown. This was last Wednesday and just received the results today and I failed. Maybe a once in a lifetime opportunity for me gone down the drain.

Here are my stats just in case you are wondering: white male with red hair, 5'11 160, high metabolism, active and works out regularly, smokes everyday of some very high-grade marijuana, also long hair that comes down mid-neck. I think its save to say that if you have only 1 day to prepare for this there might be no way to pass. The only way I see that might work is the bleach and re-dye method as some of my personal friends have had success with it.

3. #4703 Kell73, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
    Got a question. I was a light smoker and have been clean for three weeks. Sorry but I'm done for a long time. Anyway I know my system is clean because I passed a urine test. I have a job opportunity that will require a hair test and will probably have one around a month or so from today. When I say light smoke I mean a couple of hits a week from a one hitter and that was it. I would go weeks at a time of not doing it at all. The stuff we smoked was low grade prolly 25$ a Q. I keep my hair around a 1/4 to 1/2 an inch and it grows damn fast. I get a cut every 3-4 weeks. I know a guy who took a hair test to get on with the same company that I'm attempting to and he said they would take 1/4 to 1/2 of hair. So what do you guys think my chances are?? Wanted to add this. I've been running 2 miles 4-5 days a week for about 10 months so I sweat a hell of a lot. At sweat a lot at my current job too. I'm 5'11 1/2 190 lbs, I know body size matters too.

4. I still have not heard back regarding my hair test. I know I am going to test positive for Adderall, and I may just be waiting to hear from the Medical Reciew Officer, and the may be backed up. I have a valid prescription so I do not care about that. And I last smoked on July 13, and only a toke.

5. I have never posted but have followed diligently for past few days and wanted to share my experience. Found out i needed a HFT last week, i do not smoke at all but i occasionally use white. Last use was 7-4-14. Had 68 days clean, all i did was strip my hair 1 time with a stripper from Sallys, colored my hair a natural color on Sunday 9-7-14 and waited until Wed 9-10-14 to color again before going for test. I Passed my test, got results today. My stats:

Female
    5'5 170
    Desk job
    Dark Brown hair ( not thick but not thin)

To all the ladies, it can be done. I was in total disbelief. I really did not think it would. So good luck to you :)

6. Hi Everybody, I'm very worry probably I will have a hair follicle drug test on September 18th I'm not habitual user, I never used marihuana before but I smoked  last month 3 times  9th,15 th &29th, just 2 hits each time...I'm a female 30's long hair. I'm not sure what method to use I already used a body strip/detox. I workout everyday and eat healthy. This test is going to be a court order. I'm worry to do something to my hair that looks too obvious.
    Female
    5'-1"
    Dark hair

7. I found so much great info for comparison here that I just felt compelled to share.

Stats:
    Male
    5'9”
    185lbs
    Black wavy hair
    Hair collected at Concentra, Hair to be tested by Psychemedics

Usage History:
    Smoked about 1 joint a month from 2005 to 2007, one in 2008, and had 4 puffs Aug 5-6, 2014 (this is the event that I am concerned about)
    Did the white girl about twice a month from 2011 to late 2012 and maybe Jan of 2014, it was a crazy day.

Pretest Events:
    I have been applying for jobs since the beginning of this year but have not heard of any of them by August. I was feeling pretty down and after applying for a particular position that I had no hopes of getting and had little optimism about the salary, I had 4 puffs through the course of 2 days. The week after that I get a call from that company and just last week I had an interview with an offer extended by the end of the week. It turns out that they were hurting to get someone in that position and the pay is about a 40% increase for me. I heard that this industry (Oil refining) tests using HFT and I was shitting my pants. The company contacted me yesterday to say that the HFT test had to be today. Reading this forum I felt that I was considered a light user, I had no concerns about the white girl usage due to the timing, and my odds were good.

How the Hair Collection Went:
    I got a haircut August 29, I don't know the length then, but now it was about 1.5” long on the top and 0.5” on the sides at the time of collection. The nurse did take about 1” of hair from the 1.5” region to be submitted for testing. I did not perform any of the methods to clean since my schedule is horrible right now and being a Chemical Science major I had my “skepticism” set on high, I am not saying that the methods don't work just that I was not convinced and thought they would be of no value at that point. I did use clippers to get the ends on the body hair in case I did do something in January that I did not remember. The nurse did hesitate a second about the amount of hair on my head, but in the end she said “meh, it's enough”.

Let's see how it goes. I will report back when I get the results. Comment on what you think will happen if you like.

Update:

So in my paranoia I also got two of those mail order HFTs to see more or less how I would turn out on the test that counts. It turns out that I was negative for all substances on the two mail order tests, both on body and head hair. The mail order HFT test was the Hairconfirm 12 drug panel, the one that is supposed to have a 2 to 3 day wait time. Let's see what happens on the real thing.

9. so here is my story guys . 
    i am 28 white male 
    strait light brown hair
    work my ass off everyday
    so im starting a new apprenticeship wich is a awesome opportunity for me and im told of a drug test
    no problem i strap some sythetic urine and a hand warmer to my leg like i always do
    and walk into a saliva test....
    failed 
    i argue its impossible no freaking way
    i am given a chance to get a follicle test of my own wich is good because i can chose the day and the results come to me not the company
    so if i fail i can save a little face
    i smoke like 5 joints of high grade everyday...for as long as i care to remember
    havent smoked in a week since my failure
    so ive been doing crazy research and ive decided to use the lye and methanol method as it is the same the labs do to remove the toxins during a test..
    only problem is hair relaxer with lye is crazy hard to find so me bieng the smart guy i am gets 100% powdered lye drain cleaner and heet methanol..
    i dilute the lye like a teaspoon to a glass of water and pour through my hair witch is like 3 inches long
    HOLY FUCK.....
    i feel like going blind but manage to keep it in for 5 minutes 
    add methanol and let it sit for 20 
    wash out with shampoo
    i plan on doing this a dozen more times before my test and get some omni for the hell of it...
    am i the dumbest fuck in the world? or a genius

10. I guess nobody can give me any insight??

11. The extraction of drugs from hair is the most sensible step of the hair analysis. The drugs are 
    firmly enclosed in the hair structure and partly bound to proteins, melanin or lipids of the cell 
    membrane complex. The extraction yield depends on the drug structure, the state of the hair 
    matrix, grinding, polarity of the solvent, duration of the extraction or use of ultrasonic bath. 
    There are excellent procedures for many drugs described in literature. The most important are 
    hair hydrolysis by sodium hydroxide and subsequent solid phase extraction or hair extraction 
    with methanol or aqueous buffer in ultrasonic bath.

science broskis science 
    gotta open that hair up and extract with a solvent i suspose. but ive never done this before

12. Results of this study have demonstrated that it would 
    be possible for a drug abuser to intentionally apply a relaxer 
    to yield drug concentrations approaching or below the 
    established National Institute on Drug Abuse/Society of Hair 
    Testing cut-off levels. Because of this, the analyst should 
    inquire about a subject's cosmetic treatment history prior to 
    analysis to ensure accurate results are obtained. 

Effect of Relaxer on Cocaine in Authentic Drug Users Hair
    Cocaine disappears after the hair is treated with both Lye based relaxer and non-Lye based relaxer.
    concentration of illicit drugs post application of relaxers. Fortunately, at NIST we have two Standard Reference Materials 
    (SRMs) with certified values for the drugs of interest in this study (cocaine and its major metabolites benzoylecgonine 
    and cocaethylene, phencyclidine, and ∆-9 tetrahydrocannibinol) which we could use to test this theory in a more 
    controlled environment.
    Significant loss of BAE, COC, CE, PCP, and THC after 
    treatment

Treatments such as bleaching or dyeing have an effect only on the melanin in the hair, which can help, but will not significantly lower the concentration of drug metabolites in the hair.

But treatments like permanent waves and relaxers significantly effect the hair protein (keratin) matrix. Used with the proper hair detox treatments, permanent wave and relaxers can have significant affects on reducing the levels of drug metabolites in the hair. 

this is stuff i found from a few different websites i did not give links or credit. because fuck those guys.

i really believe the only thing that will work is LYE left in for 15 minutes add methanol leave another 15 minutes and wash out with a swimmers type shampoo
    it hurts like 2 fucks on a fuck train 
    be sure to cover your ears forehead and neck with petroleum jelly to avoid burns and if you use the drain cleaner stuff test a little bit of your hair clipping first to check your dilution
    (the first batch i made turned pubes into sludge good thing i did not put that shit on my head)
    apparently it works great for cocaine too if your into that shit.. loser
    i will post my hopefully positive results soon as proof 
    it is hard to find this info on the internet probably because the man is taking it off
    i found many broken links and most info i found came thru the dark web (tor browser)

spread the info 
    fight the man
    wear goggles this shit will make u blind 

• Like Like x 1
  13. Passed.
    Hope this was helpful.

14. Just to update, I had to retest due to a clerical error. This time I cut my hair to an inch to make sure that I only had 2 months of clean hair. And I only smoked once during that period. I will test positive for Adderall, but I have Script for that. Just waiting for the lab to contact me.

15. ok so i took the test at quest on friday
    it is wednesday and have not heard anything
    they say it can take a week 

even siths get nervous 

all in all i got in 5 washes with lye followed by methanol

2 of them with dishsoap afterwords

the 6th wash was my last and i wanted it to matter so i replaced the methanol with something a little stronger

carburator cleaner 

opened up with drain cleaner then sprayed carburetor cleaner trough my hair 

washed  it out with omni shampoo twice.

do not try this at home

one of the worst experiences of my life 

i really feel like if this doesn't work nothing will

my hair is fucked wich i think is good but why are the results taking so long

im nervously awaiting a call from a mro or a email with negative results 

but still hoping it is negative 

someone say something like good shit 
    i would hate to kill myself before a negative results comes in 

16. I have read a TON of posts from this thread and have realized that a great deal of what I have read are from men. Do woman not smoke or just not work?

Anyways, I have a HUGE job interveiw tomorrow that was sprung on me. I do not know if they will simply request a urine sample or go the whole mile and get a HFT as well as the urinalysis. The position is for a state welfare office so I would like to be prepared for the worst.

I consider myself a heavy smoker. I smoke every day and on my days off I smoke throughout the day. I am a female and have lots of long thick hair. I have already started the macujo method and can tell that my poor hair is definitely suffering which from my understanding is the point.

Part of what has me so freaked out is that I do not know what to expect. I have never had a hair test done before and have never wanted a job as badly as I want the one I am interveiwing for. Does anyone (especially females) have any advice to offer?

I'll keep the thread updated with my progress so that other females who may find themselves in need of a hair cleaning method can be reassured that they are not the last working female smoker remaining.

17. #4717 strawhair, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
    Okay, so like many others I've just read practically all this thread off and on for the last week.  I took my HFT today with Omega labs.  I stopped smoking early September and before that I hadn't touched the stuff for 2.5 weeks prior.  I used to smoke heavily, but I'd say in the 90 day period I've smoked an 1/8 of bud tops.  

I was interviewing for a job all summer.  Thought I had it in the bag, but it turns out they found someone with more experience (I am young).  So I healed my wounds with a few tokes in early September.  Lo and behold, on September 5th, another company calls wanting to interview with me.  So I interview with them twice, and then they call back offering me the position, but guess what?  Employment is contingent upon HFT.  What luck!  This is a great opportunity in my field with great salary and benefits.  My heart sank so damn low when HR lady told me about HFT.  My research led me here.  This was my method;

Had about a week and a half to prepare, and dropped about $500 in the process.  At the time of the test I had been clean a little under 30 days.  Cut hair short (1.5 inches, with 6 guard on sides) the the very next day after I got the job offer

Macujo method about 6-7 times within a week, everyday until the day before the test.  I had slight variations in my method, but this is the gist of what I did.

• Apple Cider Vinegar: 5 minute scrub and 30 minute soak while wearing a hear net.
    • Clean and Clear Astringent: Without rinsing vinegar out, scrubbed in astringent and let soak 20-30 minutes.

Rinsed out the acids.

• Applied Tide detergent: let sit for 30 minutes with hair net on, then rinsed
    • Baking soda/water paste:  scrubbed really well, then let sit for 30 minutes with hair net on to increase humidity.  

Next I would shower, rinsing out the baking soda.
    • Then I applied Paul Mitchell 3 clarifying shampoo.  Washed normally.
    • Nexxus Aloe Rid:  scrubbed for 5 minutes let sit for another 5, then rinsed.  (This stuff was really expensive because it was the original formula they quit making years back.  Time will tell if and how bad I got ripped off)
    • T/Sal- Finished treatment with a washing with T/sal Neutrogena, which I used every day, twice a day for the week and a half period. Didn't touch my normal Shampoo and conditioner during the treatment period
    3 days before the test
    • bleached hair with 30 volume bleach (let sit for 25 minutes). Afterwards, I put baking soda mixture in for 30 minutes and then washed with aforementioned shampoos.
    2 days before the test
    • bleached hair again with 30 volume. Let sit for 20 minutes or so, but it burnt pretty good this time around.  Later that day did the MAC method.
    Day before the test
    • dyed hair at salon, back to its original color.  It took multiple attempts to get it even close to my natural hair color (medium brown)  The dying process burnt like hell.
    • hair cut down to 1.25 inches.
    Day of the test.
    • Washed hair with aforementioned shampoos one last time
    • Applied the Zydot treatment, making sure to follow instructions exactly.
    She snipped the hairs from the back and just below the crown.  She remarked that it was quite short and asked if I had any armpit hairs that she may collect instead.  I gave her a firm, "no", told her I was a hairless chihuahua from the neck down, and the conversation stopped there.  She did not pry any further about body hair, and just clipped the 1.25 inch hairs from my head.

So just got back, and can't stop this worrying.  If this does not work I am going to assume that the test is unbeatable unless you just don't smoke.  I'm sure it changes from person to person, from hair to hair. I quit my other job, and start the new one the middle of next week (hopefully).  So I really need this pass, or I will be up shit creek.  I will keep you all posted on the results......

• Like Like x 1
  18. update 
    I Failed
    maybee there is no hope for us daily smokers
    i was not able to get the levels from the mro but unless they are just above the cut off i would say that for a chronic smoker there is just too much metabolites to remove all of them the cut off for thc is 1pg thats crazy low so any amount and your screwed it seems 
    life goes on i suspose 

19. Just found out I passed the dreaded Psychemedics Hair Follicle test with most likely some of the worst odds I've seen on this forum. And I've read almost every page. This forum has helped me tremendously and I have an obligation to give back and pass around the right info and dispel the incorrect info so we as Americans can protect our privacy and civil rights. Here's to the beginning of a better understanding of beating HFT for pre-employment, random student testing, and similar civil rights violations. I plan on sharing my research and experience with all. Just going to be lots of stuff to share so I'm trying to come up with a way of doing it. Any ideas? Videos, website? I know most of you reading this are freaking out right now trying to come up with a solution to pass your hair test so I'll share my story in the next post. This test is completely possible to beat. Don't let their aggressive marketing tactics tell you otherwise! You are in the right place.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. I have a question to @[member="Grownman"] will these steps help me if they are testing for alcohol use. I dont smoke or use drugs. I recently got a dwi and this is what they will be testing for tomorrow.. I have done all the steps to the tee for the past 4 days twice a day and plan on doing again in morning before the test also plan on dying my hair in morning as well i did cut my hair yesterday chin length a bob.. Can you please ease my mind anyone.. Cps is ordering the test...#pleasehelp