Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

1. OK guys I am not quite in the same boat you guys are. I have helped take care of some plants and trimmed some bud but i don't smoke AT ALL. I have a hair follicle test in a few days but I am concerned being around all the plants and brushing up against a bud here or there could affect me. From what i have read they only test for THC that has been metabolized, not actual THC. Can anybody chime in on this? I always wear a hat when trimming, gloves as well. I was wondering if since the THC wouldn't really be in my follicle (since it wasn't metabolized and running through my blood stream, thus entering the hair follicle during growth) if I should try and put some olive oil in there for awhile (fats dissolve THC)

2. I have completed three macujos at this point. My hair is two inches long and I last smoked 90 days ago as of my test (which is this week). I have a hair appointment scheduled for the day before. My plan is to get it cut to exactly 1.5 inches. What do you think are my odds? Should I even get it cut at all? Should I have them do a bleaching when I get my hair cut? Thanks for all of your responses. Hopefully this is my last post until I have my results.

My macujo formula:

-half hour of soaking in baking soda paste
    -half hour of soaking in tide detergent
    -half hour of soaking in clean and clear and vinegar
    -half hour of soaking in Tsal

Go sooners!

3. Well, ill go ahead and place the bet on the 5% that your unsure and say it isnt. Half because if your right i wasted a bunch of money but more so because why would they just slap another label and charge 60 bucks more. In that case why dont they have 5 diff products ranging from extreme light users to extreme heavy users and up the price $60 per bottle.. Nah, Im going to take a common sense approach and say that toxin wash has a lower concentration or whatever they use to fry your hair (precision cleanse has the higher concentration). No doubt i bet they use the same ingredients, but maybe not.. All i know is that if you smoke more than 3 times a week, you may as well spend the extra 60 bucks to be safe.. Im glad I did too.. because to my complete and total surprise i passed my hair follicle.. (and i really really really didnt think i would) i assumed i would fail it and have just a tiny trace of thc metabolites in my hair.. when my recruiter called to tell me what was what he said, alright well you passed the hair but im still waiting for the urine exam so we'll no more later in the week.. Im telling you, he said that, then i asked him again twice to make sure he wasnt looking at the urine or w/e.. after he assured me that he was looking at the right one i literally said "thats fuckin crazy" mainly because i was half in shock and had already told him after i took the hair test that there was a possibility of marijuana in my system therefore he already knew i had doubts, but like i said, i was soo pumped once i found out it was over and i didnt waste all that time, money, and pain for nothing.   Either way i still have a bottle of precision if anyone is looking.. 100 bucks and itll save you a little cash. holler if you need..

4. Yeah bro id def have them bleach and then re-dye to your natural color.. For sure.. I think it really does do it more than anything else.. If you need a bottle of precision cleanse, i have one left over im selling for 100 bucks.. I passed my hair follicle using mac, bleach and re-dye once, and using the precision cleanse.. I also used paul mitchell 3 too and coal tar shampoo, tsal..

5. Hey all, a couple of you are in very similar stories to me, so I'm jumping into the thread to add my own. 

I'm 6'-0", 175 lb, brown hair about 1.5" inches long. 
    I smoked out of a hookah mixed with shish, only about 4-5 times, all in the month of February. I think my last smoke was around March 1. Prior to that, no drugs for about 4 years, so it's really only those few occasions that I'm worried about. I expect my test to be around June 1, so I've got a good 90 days of time between smoking and testing. Of course the test is for a super-important job yada yada yada. 

@worriedasfuq 
    Your story is almost identical to mine, between the hookah and the 90-day window, so I'm very interested to hear how yours goes. I feel like with the amount of time we have, we've got pretty good odds of passing anyways, but probably best to take some action to increase our odds.  

@[member="pelister"]
    I worked with Baker for 2 internships in the past, and I'm not sure where you're located, but in the Houston area their drug tests are administered by AWSI, and include both the hair and urine tests.  They say that you have to take the test within 30 days of your start date, but they have seemed pretty flexible about where in that window you do it. I don't think you have anything to worry about anyways because of the length of time you've got clean. 

Here's my plan so far, and then some questions:
    -As silly as it probably is, I'm gonna buy a home urine test to make 100% sure that there's no trace in my system (it's been ~48 days since my last smoke now, it can't possibly still be in there).
    -I also regularly get my hair cut to about 1.25-1.5", so I'm just going to keep doing that. 

And the questions:
    -I've seen it mentioned that hair tests don't pick very infrequent use very well. Any truth to this? 4-5 times in February, always in a hookah seems pretty light... lower risk?
    -Since I don't need the extreme OMG TEST TOMORROW cleanse that many people have used the Mac method for, is there a more subtle method that could work? One of the other shampoos that I could use for a few weeks instead of all at once?

Thanks for the help guys, was glad to find this thread. Cheers

6. Well, I took my hair test yesterday. Smoked 95 days ago, I estimate that it would have broken into my useable hair about 90 days ago. Never been a frequent smoker. Had my hair cut to 1.5 inches  and performed 3 macujos. The night I smoked it was probably about half a gram through a hookah shared between 4 people. Should have the results soon. 
    Anyone want to have a guess at my odds? We can make a gambling game out of it.
    I will post the results when I have them. The anxiety will kill me long before old age does. 

7. Shiuld be fine as long as what you are saying is the truth. I know peeps that just smoked once like 30 days before the test and pass, I think you need to smoke more than a few times to hit the cutoff for the pass fail

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #4428 xlookex11, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    Heyo folks!!!

so I have a drug test coming up probably on the 15th or 16th of May for an internship that pays big $$$ and would really be nice to have while i'm at college. I'm not too big of a smoke now, but a few years ago i used to smoke quite a bit. All this year I probably have smoked a total of 4 or 5 times: once back in november, once in january and then twice in march with the most recent being St. Paddy's day. I barely had any puffs, just enough to give me a head buzz really.

But I found out i have to do both a urine and a hair test. Physemedic or whatever the hell is giving it to me. I'm not worried about the urine test but I'm a kind of freaking out about the hair test. I'm just wondering people's thoughts from the stoner community. Do you think that would be enough to show up in my hair? I plan on doing the macujo method several times. My hair is a coupe inches long so i'm not sure if it will have grown out an inch and a half since my last smoke otherwise I would probably cut it.

Any thoughts? i plan on posting on here whether or not I pass anyway

Help a brotha out!

9. Actually I was just told about this site passyourtest.com does anybody? Know if this is legit or if the 2steps ahead shampoo I was told to use will work?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

10. Just found out today that I passed. The nightmare is over. I'm done marijuana for good.Stats:Clean exactly 90 days on day of testPerformed three MacujosCut hair to exactly 1.5"

11. @[member="worriedasfuq"] hey when you did your macujo method, did you rinse it out after each step of did you keep adding stuff after a half an hour?

12. My Macujo method was as follows: 30 minutes of baking soda paste, 30 minutes of Tide Laundry Detergent (8% bleach), 30 minutes of COMBINED Clean and Clear Astringent and Apple Cider Vinegar, 30 minutes of Neutrogena TSal shampoo. Each step is separate from one another; I would rinse out whatever was in my hair with hot water before moving on to the next step. 

I have no idea of the Macujos were responsible for me passing since I am a very very infrequent user and only did it on the 90 day mark. I was better off than most on this forum to begin with. However, the science behind the Macujo makes sense. The baking soda paste opens up the cuticle with a very high pH, the detergent (which has 8% bleach) will oxidize the carboxylic acid metabolite in the cortex, rendering it neutral to the initial immunoassay screening. This effect won't be as strong as if you used straight up bleach which is what the heavier smokers should do. I chose the macujo since I was not a heavy smoker. The vinegar and clean and clear and TSal basically serve to return the hair to its prior state by closing up the cuticle. 

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. @[member="worriedasfuq"] alright thanks a ton man did you put the vinegar in before the tsal shampoo or the other way around? cuz ive read people doing it the other way around

14. Each time I did it, I used the shampoo last. The low pH (acidic) content of each will have the same effect on the hair in terms of physical manipulation, but the TSal has a better cleansing effect on the actual hair follicles. Using the vinegar last will make your hair smell like shit; the TSal will make it seem good as new (aside from the dryness and possible soreness/sensitivity to the scalp and ears). Also, the Macujos don't really start burning until around the third time. First time, you'll feel nothing. Second time, maybe a slight sting when you first pour the vinegar in your hair. The third time, it is 30 minutes of unpleasantness. That was how it was for me; it may be different for others. One thing I did not do that I highly recommend is to put some kind of Vaseline or protective layer on your ears. Those are really the things that are a) visible and b) most burnt. How many times have you smoked in the 90 day window and how heavy of a smoker were you before the 90 day window?

15. #4435 everything.to.lose, May 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2014
    Ok so I had 48 hours for hair test for a job. So here's what I did.....

Vinegar white - for 15-20 mins

then added Tide powder detergent with bleach about 10 mins

Then Follie Kleen 20 mins

Then Omni Cleanse 20 mins (i bought two bottles to be safe)

Dawn Dish soap washed

Repeated around 5 or 6 times

then dyed hair twice

BTW i have chemical burns on my face, head, ears, and neck. It looks sick!!!! It hurts bad!!!!! but hair seems fine after conditioning a couple times after it was all said and done.

I used a clean towel, clean shirt, clean new comb, clean towel on car seat.

a little history......I have have smoked everyday several times a day for years. stopped smoking around ten days before test. I am female around 115lbs. I am white, with brown hair that is about shoulder length

We shall see.....took test yesterday....what do you think??????

16. I was not that heavy of a smoker just on occasion and like I said I had a few very light puffs to really only get a head buzZ, my hair is about ten inches right now, would you raw commend getting it cut???

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

17. Are you serious man? It doesn't work that way. Read all pages. You are fine. Wtf?

18. Yea I'm serious, do you actually believe that all the hair testing companies really test for just the metabolite? Its a damn good job I'm going after and I wanted to make sure I am in the clear. And no way can I read all the pages, there are 4k+ of them

19. Okay so my school that I got "temporarily dismissed" from for failing to consecutive hair tests is letting me come back but i have to take another test and it has to be COMPLETELY clean. I had to take a test for a job about 40 days ago and I smoked maybe 2 joints a day for about a week when I found about this test. Its coming up May12 and I'm just nervous as balls and I wanted to see if there was any method or product I could buy that would actually work and help me pass this.
    Male, Black, 18, 5'11, 170
    PLEASE HELP A.S.A.P. :yummy:

20. Not to sound racist or anything but blacks have alot harder time getting their hair cleaned out in time for the hair follicle test. From what I have seen on the forums, most of the people that the macujo method didnt work for were african americans. (Something about the courseness of the hair.) Maybe if you tried a hair relaxer first before doing the macujos method it could help. I would try the macujos no matter what, you got nothing to lose but a few dollars and some time.