Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Passed A hair follicle drug test

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by growman944, May 29, 2007.

1. @[member="Onehitwonder11"] man you are fine, it will not pick up some who has only done it once especially if it was a month ago.  THC doesn't bond to your hair follicle very easily unlike cocaine, heroine, and other opiods. So it takes a pretty frequent use of marijuana to appear. The hair test realy picks out people who have been using it daily for a long time.  one or two hits 30 days ago you do not even need to worry.

2. #4402 NeedAMiracle, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    Hey guys what do you guys think of this idea to pass a HFT? I'm doing the usual Gman and JerryG method but there may be another solution to our problems i just want your opinions

Got a HFT coming up within the next few weeks. (Thought it was gonna be urine but surprise!)

Pretty much smoked a blunt every day from March 23rd - 31st (Last Toke) and before that probably smoked 2-3 times a week consistently. This was all done in a group of 4-6 since i never blazed alone. I am a 21 year old Asian - American, 5"10 and about 185lbs with black hair (FML). I work out and do cardio 3-4 times a week but am definitely on the chubbier side, or maybe I'm just fat. Needless to say I am most likely not going to pass this HFT with my own hair. My hair is already pretty short at around  2-3 inches and I plan to get a haircut on Monday. I started the MacCujo method yesterday and did the entire process twice. I plan to ditch the apple vinegar cider step considering all the testimonials saying that it actually closes the cuticles which is what we don't want (right?). In addition to using Clean and Clear Astrigent, I have ordered a acne product with 20% syclicic acid as well as pure PG. PM3 and Zydot is also on the way but I have no idea if any of this will work since I will be clean for only 40 days the time of the testing. I am planning on bleaching and redyeing my hair at least 2-3 times before the test, but I am wondering if it's even worth it considering how short my hair is. Can somebody tell me if it's worth it? If i cut my hair to 1/8th inch and my test is in a month will only clean hair grow out considering I haven'y smoked in 2 weeks?

I was wondering if the following would be a possible solution to our problems!

Due to this terrible situation that I (and many others!) are in, I was wondering if I could simply go to the testing center with barely any hair on my head. I guess if i leave a quarter of an inch it wouldn't be enough for them to test it right? I would shave my pits and legs and chest bare a couple of days before the test so they would grow to little prickles not big enough for testing. (I think going completely bare for the test would be a bit suspicious) Since they won't have enough hair to test, I could tell them I have pubic hairs that would probably be long enough. I would then go to the bathroom and "cut" some hair off, but in reality I would just remove some of my THC free friend's pubic hair that I taped to my thigh and put it in the container or whatever they give you. What do you think?

The testing center is Quest Diagnostics and it is for a pre-employment drug screening. It may be suspicious that I have so little hair but I can say my girlfriend didn't like it or I'm a swimmer, or Asians don't grow much hair (which is true) or a combination of all three. It's not a probation test and if I say I do have hair that is long enough they would have to accept it am I wrong? I doubt they would make me show my balls in front of them and I could just express my discomfort and need for privacy. Tell me what you guys think of this. I'm still planning to do the hair treatments just in case but do you guys think this is possible?

Some assistance would be welcomed please! :cry:  

3. I wouldn't skip the vinegar step. I followed the mac method but I would do it twice, only the second time I would start with tide then a baking soda Mudd treatment then vinegar and astringent then wash with t/sal shampoo. I had a weeks notice and did twice daily except a one or two days I did only one treatment. Shaving your body and head won't save you and it throws up a red flag.

In most cases if you try the pube route, they will have a doctor do it and then your boned for sure.

I had exactly a week and passed a Psychemedics hft.

The vinegar helps strip the toxins and yes acids close the hair up but the vinegar still sinks in. Especially if you rotate the steps it will help immensely.

I'd start the mac method now and I would do each step for an hour. My hair is ruined and there's no repairing it but totally worth the $20 an hour I'm making now.

Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4404 NeedAMiracle, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    Thanks for the reply dirtburgler. Its good to actually hear from somebody. I plan on doing two MacCujo metoods a day (with alternating the steps) for about 30-40 minutes each step until the day of my test and at least two and maybe three JerryG methods. I'm just scared my scalp will be completely damaged and the tester will be able to notice it. Anyway I can lower the chance of obvious burns? With a short cut, i'm worried the whole top of my head will just be red. I'm also planning to put ammonia in the baking soda paste as well so hopefully all this works out without too much damage.

And dang I really hope a doctor doesn't do it. I've read somewhere here that some people were allowed to cut their pubes themselves in a bathroom so I know it CAN be possible.I think i'll just express total discomfort or make some reason why I don't want him to see. I think I also read somewhere that it's illegal for a doctor to take your pubic hair unless you allow it or something like that. I dont know for sure if its true but I'm crossing my fingers. And I thought THC goes into your hair after around 7-10 days so since I haven't blazed since March 31st, wouldn't the hair that grows after a 1/8 inch cut be completely clean?

Also, Dirt Burgler can I ask you what your usage was and what type of body you are? Are you White, Black, Asian, Brown? I know you were clean for a month, but how often were you smoking before that. And did you smoke that blunt alone 3 weeks before the testing?I'm seeing alot of people who are closer to my situation fail these tests, which I completely understand since 40 days of being clean isn't the greatest chance, but at the same time some of these people have only done the MacCujo method like 5-7 times and I plan to do it at least 1-2 times a day for the next month. That would definitely improve my chances im guessing right? Sorry for these long posts and questions but I am trying to be concise as possible! If you or anybody wants to help a fella out that would help calm my nerves. It's for my dream job ... 

P.S Has anyone heard of the Idasiva method? It seems pretty sketchy and I can't find much reason to believe that it actually works. 

5. Well guys i got a call about 5 days ago for a full time job that of course requires a hair test i stopped drug use instantly however I'm a kinda heavy smoker prior about 10 joints a day pn average. Used the detox shampoo the day i went in for the second interview howevrr.they difnt test me ill be tested on monday it is friday i hhave. Literally no money I'm fucked right? I have high motabolism and took detox pills but that isn't helping mh hair. 5'10 135 pounds i could just ude help

Sent from my LG-L38C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. you're going to need to bleach your hair aggressively like 3 or 4 times this weekend.  you can get a big ass tub of bleach and a big enough bottle of developer and dye for like 15-20 dollars but from my understanding of the topic that is pretty much your only shot given your history and time-frame. 

7. #4407 wonderifi, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2014

I just wanted to provide an update that I PASSED my drug test! It was a hair test only and as mentioned in my original post, I was only 35 days clean after being a heavy daily smoker for about 5 years.
    Here is a summary of what I did:
    • Got a haircut the day before the test. The longest part was about 1"-1.5".
    • Received the Aloe Rid (discontinued one) and Ultra Clean the morning of the test.
    • Washed hair with Aloe Rid 10 times (no joke, 10 times!)
    • Immediately followed by washing with Ultra Clean (followed instructions thoroughly)
    • Left for the test.
    • Hair samples were taken from 7 different spots on the back of my head and this was probably about 45mins to an hour after I finished washing my hair.
    I really didn't expect to pass and I was nervous as hell this entire week waiting on the MRO to call me about a positive result, but I never got one and I confirmed with HR that my test came in negative earlier in the week.
    So maybe I got lucky or maybe this regimen actually worked; I have no idea, but I just wanted to share my experience and hopefully help those in the similar situation as me.

8. Update: I posted earlier that I had passed a hair folicle test using a modified macujo/growman method. (Mainly just added methanol). I just wanted to say that I was called in 1 week later for a 12 panel hair test, the previous was 9, and I used the method again, and had used adderall and valiums the whole time and passed again. This method is 100% effective. I wish all drug tests were as easy to pass as a hair test. After doing this method so many times, my scalp finally started peeling a tad, like a minor sunburn, but it's not that bad. Just looks like dandruff, and I'm sure it'll go away soon. Thanks so much for this info guys.

9. #4409 worriedasfuq, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
    Hey all,

So I have a hair test in two weeks. On the day of the test, it will have been exactly 90 days from when I predict the THC metabolites made their way into my surface hair (smoked roughly 95 days prior). That was the last time I smoked, and I have never been a heavy user. I REALLY can't afford to fail this test; it is for an amazing internship paying me money I would have never dreamed of having in college as well as great experience. Not to mention failure would result in a very awkward conversation with my parents. I have a few questions:

1) Should I be worried at all? Some people say that such infrequent and relatively light use (when I smoked it was split between 4 people and was no more than half a gram through a hookah) won't register on a hair test. FYI, I'm being tested by Psychemedics. 

2) My hair is a very light, very thin blonde. Does that actually matter at all? This seems to be a disputed point.

3) My hair is currently 2". Is it worth cutting it down to 1.5" and risking them taking body hair by being just a tad too short? Or will 'roughly' 1.5 be fine. I'm not sure if I trust the lab techs who do the cutting to actually cut it to 1.5... on the other hand, I havn't cut my hair since I last smoked.

I have already done the Macujo Method one time; I think tomorrow, I will reverse the steps: Start with baking soda paste (the science behind this step makes sense... open up the cuticle) then Tide then do the clean and clear and vinegar. I plan on doing 3 Macujos, and nothing else.

Verdict? What do you guys think? Thank you for any responses. I'm freaking out quite a bit.

10. You will be fine. Don't worry at all. It's been 90 days anyways you said. Macujo has worked twice for me. I did add methanol to my clean and clear cuz I had heard methanol is what they use at the lab to extract the drug metabolites from your hair. So why not extract it before they can? It worked for me. I'll never be afraid of a hair test again. Reversing the steps like you said helps too. Do it both ways several times and I would just about bet money you'll pass even if you used up until the day of the test. I believe if done enough times, this method is 100% effective. It's not an Internet fairy tale. It really, really works. Be confident.

11. Do you think I will be fine even if I don't have methanol? What odds would you give me if I hadn't done any treatment at all? And how about now? 

12. #4412 pelister, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    Hello all! I will try to be as accurate and to the point as I can not to force you to read a wall of text.

I've been reading through the thread but I can't find anything that will help me,

Stats: 6' 3" about 280lbs muscular, work out moderately for bodybuilding, probably 20% body fat I am not very lean

I have a hair test with Baker Hughes, administered by AWSI, any idea what company they use? Seems like AWSI are just the middle men.

Last use: Between Thanksgiving and Dec 12 of 2013 ingested a total of 4-5g edibles with THC, that's all. So my lifetime ingestion has been 5g, I wanted to try it a few times but then I got a call for this job.

Time clean: Since Dec 12 2013 and will be clean until test in June 2014.

Test date: Estimated June 1st 2014

What I've done: Cut my hair multiple times, as of now 4/22 it is 1.5in long I cut it today. I shaved my body 3 days ago.

My question: Would it be better if I let my body hair grow until the test? I have a month and a half almost. I shaved everywhere.

Will they be suspicious if I showed up with a completely shaven body to force them to use head hair? My excuse is that I am an athlete, which isn't a lie because my knee braces pinched my hairs so I have been shaving my body anyway and it helped me with the tight underarmour and pants I wore.

I will use macujo method for my hair, Clean and Clear vinegar and tide that is. But I've already grown some 2 inches of hair since then, and my hair should be clean now according to my math.

Theoretically I should be fine but I am worried sick for some reason. Any help will be appreciated :)

Lol i would love to be in your position, you are like 5 months clean, you are fine, and you cut your hair...

14. Hey I took my hair test last week and got an email from my employer today inviting me to fill out the I-9 form...

Does this mean I passed?

Trying to figure out if I can stop stressing

15. I'm a research geek ask lots of questions... I PASSED!! Daily smoker top shelf big girl slow metabolism and long blonde hair
    I found out on Wednesday after my morning toke, first clean day Thursday went to Sally's and head shop
    Applied hair stripper for two hours
    Applied 30 volume bleach twenty min
    Washed with tgel
    Friday vinegar soak with shower cap 20 min
    Used ULTRa KLEEN shampoo rinse repeat other half of bottle
    Used brand new brush clean sheet over car seat and in like Flynn
    Results on Tuesday morning.

16. #4416 zepisode, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    Hi all,

Just looking for some advice. From what I have read I think I should be fine.

I smoked 2-3 hits out of a chillum that was packed with about .2 g of bud on the nights of March 26-27. 
    That is the ONLY times I have smoked in the last six months.

I need to pass a HFT in the next few days. I am 28 days clean as of today. Should I try the gman method or should I be fine without doing anything?

Thanks

17. Sooo I just got the call that I have a second interview for a job that is a REAL good job.... problem is they do both urine test and hair follicle test.... I haven't heavily smoked for a little over two months, but two weeks ago I took three hits from a blunt with some less than reggie weed... I have read about the hair cleanse involving vinegar,clean and clear astringent, and tide.... I have REALLY long hair does anyone have any recommendations how many time I should do this cleanse? The test is next week.... I know I'm good on the urine because I passed one of those just last week with huge amounts of water and niacin...

Hey guys, kinda disappointed that nobody really helped me out on here. But, my drug test was yesterday so I guess there's nothing I can do now.
    Anyway, I have a different question now for those of you who have already had a psychemedics test.

My issue now is that I just got a call for another internship which is awesome because I guess I have options if I don't pass this drug test after all. My question is if anyone knows how long it takes for psychemedics to send the results back to the recipient company. I also received a copy of the form titled "Psychemedics forensic drug test custody and control form" it has some codes and barcodes on it and I was told that it might be possible to track my test. Does anyone know if that is possible? I'd really like to know so I can plan on interviewing with this other company or not.

Thanks!
    I'll be sure to post my hair washing methods once I find out if I passed!

Best of luck to everyone

19. It all depends on where the testing facility is. Psychemedics had my results in 24 hours, but then again my physical and test was at a full fledge hospital, not just a quick care type facility. Usually 48 hours, more if it's around a weekend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. @[member="worriedasfuq"]

Yes, I would think you would be fine even without the methanol. I was just so nervous I wanted to add everything I could. From the results of others on this board though, the macujo method will work without methanol. If you wanna be safe and add it, it's only a few dollars for a bottle of HEET gasoline additive. Make sure you get the yellow bottle. It's 99.9% methanol. I know gasoline additive sounds dangerous to put in your hair, but methanol is not much different than rubbing alcohol chemically, and you could probably add rubbing alcohol and achieve similar results. I would say you have a 75% chance or higher of passing without even doing anything at all.