The Grasscity Magazine Launch

Your new #1 Marijuana Resource, check it out and Disqus(!) Grasscity Magazine, share the love blades!

When should I expect the 5 leaf blade

• by Alpha male
  • May 24 2007 11:10 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • Please log in to reply

• Alpha male
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 11:10 PM

When should I start seeing classic marijuana leaves like this, its been 9 weeks or so since I planted them?
(I mean 9 leaves Im high when I was writing this.. like the one in the picture),
Posted Image
Replies (8)

• chirpin' hard

• Canabudz
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 849 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:47 AM

your plants could grow for 3 months and only make 3 fingered leaves. its all about how much light the plant is recieving, and how much nutrients its getting.
so i guess the answer is, you could never see 9 fingers, or if you keep it nice and happy with the right amount of N it should get there eventually. you'll see 7 fingers after 5, 9 after 7 if you're doing things right and its vegged long enough.

• chimera
  • Users Awaiting Validation
  • 2,330 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 02:53 AM

[quote name='Alpha male']When should I start seeing classic marijuana leaves like this, its been 9 weeks or so since I planted them?
(I mean 9 leaves Im high when I was writing this.. like the one in the picture),

After 9 weeks my plants are a month+ into budding, I'd just givve up, or you need to do some serious reading on these boards, cause at the rate your going it ain't ever going to bud.

• Alpha male
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 152 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 04:20 PM

[quote name='chimera'][quote name='Alpha male']When should I start seeing classic marijuana leaves like this, its been 9 weeks or so since I planted them?

After 9 weeks my plants are a month+ into budding, I'd just givve up, or you need to do some serious reading on these boards, cause at the rate your going it ain't ever going to bud.[/quote]

Most of my plants get 6 hours of direct sunlight in the morning I don't know what im doing wrong. I know most of there sexes they are growing at a rapid rate, but it just doesn't seem like they are growing right. Maybe these arn't sativa plants like I thought.:mad: Im only getting 3 fingers and 1 5 finger is growing in I think. If I had a digital camera I would take pictures for help.

• chirpin' hard

• Canabudz
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 849 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:47 PM

they must be stretching for light. they'll keep growing 3 fingers if they don't have enough energy to produce 5.

• Abyssal frequent flyer

• urgr8estfear
  • Old School
  • 2,141 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 07:12 PM

Bad soil condition can also lead to less fingers on the leaves.
It took me 3 grows to make my first 9 fingered leaves and they came to be 3 weeks after planting the seeds in the soil.

• Guest_Berlette_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:23 AM

And hell, if you have an Indica strain you're less likely to see a 9-finger. My plants get their first 5 finger leaves about 2weeks in or so. But most importantly, it's about light and nutrients.

• deepgreensea
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:02 AM

my plants are outdoors and are going up by 2 leaves every other node. 1,3,small 5, big 5, small 7 big 7, they have just started their first 9 they are about 4-5 weeks, and about 2-3 feet tall

• deepgreensea
  • Registered Upgraded
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:04 AM

some plants get up to 13 on their biggest upper most fan leaves, it just depends on how much light that part of the plant is gettin. a plant doesnt want to waste the energy build a 13 fingered leaf only for it to get shitty sun exposure

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 1999 - 2015 420Network BV | All rights reserved