Almost ready for harvest - with pics

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shaman, May 12, 2007.

1. For best results I have always heard you need about 300 watts per plant, if your looking for quality. And proper flowering spectrum makes a HUGE difference. For your next grow try to at least double your wattage. I see no real trich development yet.

2. Last night I cut a tiny piece of a bud off so that I could look at it under a microscope. When I did, I was rather surprised. The trichomes were mostly cloudy. However, the triches were rather small and there weren't terribly many of them. Also, the buds have still not fattened up to the point that I would like to see them. If the triches are mostly cloudy, that means another week or 2 tops, right? And will the buds get much more dense in the next few weeks?

3. Well, I cut the plant down a little over a week ago and have been curing it since then. It turned out as a really good smoke, but I only got an ounce from the plant. Also, as I mentioned before, there were very few trichomes on the plant. All in all I'm happy with the grow, but I hope that the next one turns out better. I'm planting the seeds tomorrow. Arjans Haze #2 and The Church both by greenhouse seeds.
    One more thing, I have very little money right now and cannot afford a new light. Given my setup (400 watt hps, mylar, carbon scrubber, fan all in roughly a 5x4 room) what do you think I should do about light? I know that you guys were saying I need more, but what is a really inexpensive way to solve this problem? Also, how many plants do you think that I could get away with? Would 4 just be too much? I really want to go with 4 and I probably will. But would I actually get more yield if I only had 2?