Maximum Yeild ?? 35 watt high pressure sodium?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by cabvscrog, May 11, 2007.

1. I know yeild questions are tricky BUT:

How much could a 35 watt high pressure sodium yeild when Deep water culture and Screen on Green is used?

I'm putting together a very small/but very high tech stealth box:

I will have one chamber for flowering with a 35 watt high pressure sodium lamp and 1 for vegging with a 13 watt compact floro.

Materials for Box:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p> </o:p>
    • 1 sheet 1/2 inch plywood $10.00<o:p></o:p>
    • 2 wingnuts and double-sided screws (door shutting mechanism) $0.50<o:p></o:p>
    • 4 small door hinges $2.00<o:p></o:p>
    • 2 power plugs $2.00<o:p></o:p>
    • 2 computer fans (from old computers) $0.00<o:p></o:p>
    • 1 12volt power supply (from old appliance) $0.00<o:p></o:p>
    • 2 - 4 feet 120 volt electrical wire $0.00<o:p></o:p>
    • Ballast kit w/35 watt bulb $23.00<o:p></o:p>
    • 13 watt florescent light ballast $10.00<o:p></o:p>
    • 13 watt florescent light bulb (ott-lite/plant light full spectrum) $10.00<o:p></o:p>
    • Wire nuts $0.50<o:p></o:p>
    • Electrical tape $0.00<o:p></o:p>
    • Air hose (2 feet) $0.50<o:p></o:p>
    • 2 Air hose connectors (slightly bigger or smaller than tubing) $0.00<o:p></o:p>
    • Computer supply box $0.00<o:p></o:p>
    • Power strip $0.00<o:p></o:p>
    • Sealing Strips for around door $.50<o:p></o:p>
    • 1 plastic exhaust (for light control) $1.00<o:p></o:p>
    • Light dimmer $0.00<o:p></o:p>
    • Water heater – for small water containers $0.00<o:p></o:p>
    • Air pump $0.00<o:p></o:p>
    • Air stone $0.00<o:p></o:p>
    • Carbon “scrubbing pad” – to cover air exhaust $3.00<o:p></o:p>
    • Foam – for air pump box $0.00<o:p></o:p>
    • Mesh screen $0.00<o:p></o:p>
    • Rubber joints- for vibration absorption of air pump $0.00<o:p></o:p>
    • 2 plastic containers – 1 for hydro/ 1 dirt $2.00 <o:p></o:p>
    • 1 foot of metal stripping with holes - for light moving. $.50 <o:p></o:p>
    • 4 small screws (which fit into metal stripping holes) & wingnuts $.50<o:p> </o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Dimensions:<o:p></o:p>
    Sides: <o:p></o:p>
    18”h x 16”d - X2<o:p></o:p>
    Center Separator:<o:p></o:p>
    18”h x 16”d (1” thick plywood) <o:p></o:p>
    Back:<o:p></o:p>
    16”h x 16”w<o:p></o:p>
    Top/Bottom:<o:p></o:p>
    17” x 16”d<o:p></o:p>
    Doors: <o:p></o:p>
    8 ½”w x 19”h<o:p></o:p>

2. A 35 watt HPS? Are you joking? I didn't even know they made that low of wattage in HPS, you have to have read the box wrong or something, 35 watts of anything won't grow shit man. And that 13w compact fluorescent won't do either. You need around 75w total of CFL to grow veg for every 1-2 plants. If you read the box wrong and that HPS is actually 350w, then use it for flowering and veg, though you'll need massive cooling if you put a 350w in a box grow. With a high yield plant and scrog you can get up to 500g per square meter, or, if you like, just over a pound per square yard. Although that is around 6-9 plants. You do the math, I'm too high. And make your list easier to read, all those smilies and that font are hurting my eyes.

3. You are right, I know it won't yeild mass quantities, but I am only looking to grow 1/4 ounce per cycle, and VERY discreetly. I'm a very experienced grower and have yeilded 6 ounces from a couple plants before, but this is a for fun project, not for mass weed.

4. [quote name='qubed55']A 35 watt HPS? Are you joking? I didn't even know they made that low of wattage in HPS, you have to have read the box wrong or something, 35 watts of anything won't grow shit man.

35 watt of HPS is prolly good for more like a 1/2 per cycle...they come in ...
    35,50,70,100,150,250,(300...very rare) 400,430,600,1000,1500.2500 watt man

And that 13w compact fluorescent won't do either.
    In the hands of a good grower...you don't need to reproduce the Sun in the house
    These start out under a 13 watt light...before they go into the flowering box

You need around 75w total of CFL to grow veg for every 1-2 plants. Nope....Check the second pic its 1 of 27 plants in 16oz bottles SOG under 210watts of CFL's thats 7.777 watts per plant ....:D
    they yield 5.5-11 grams per plant dried and ...Harvest 3 per week(over 3/4 oz per week)...and add 3 clones per week....and it goes on Forever
    the ones in the pic have 4 and 5 weeks to go....:cool:

Attached Files:

5. Hey man, you actually sound like a grower, thanks for the input. That dude who first replied was a moron.

6. dr bud genes whats you set up? pm me cause im down to learn

7. ive used a 13 watt for vegging a small plant before and it'll work great if all your lookin for is a 1/4 of each plant but like the guy above said you will probably get around half an ounce after u move it to the 35 watt and i was just thinking how bought you just get a 50 watt cfl for flowering
    i am going to walmart today and i expect to get like an 1- 1.5 from the 42 watt cfl that im going to buy

8. Dr would your name happen to be a play off Frank Zappa's Son Of Mr Green Genes? or i'm just really high.

anyway. thats quite the cycle you have, do you take clones and flower right away? how big are the clones when they go in, like 2 or 3 nodes? you sure have done your homework. what an efficient system.

one more thing, for your health's sake i hope you haven't drank 27 bottles of mountain dew just to make pots. ahah

9. My "Set-up" is SOG Perpetual Harvest under CFL's
    I will be starting up a new thread in the advanced grow section soon explaining it in detail :wave:

10. Oh my brother I wish it were not true but it is Dr. Bud is ADDICTED to the DEW!!!!
    have been for 20 years...lol
    and ....
    Have all my teeth...........lol

11. Thanks for the input DrBudGreengenes<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_1614700", true); </SCRIPT> I'm looking forward to your perpetual harvest article. I'm going to post some photos of my design on this page in a couple days now that I'm about finished building it.

12. Sorry I was wrong, I guess you can grow with such little light, but I didn't think it'd be worth it. I apologize for bitching about your lights. If you're fine with growing so little; I'm sure you can work with that light. I was out of line. Anyway, could you post some pics if your box is already assembled? I'd really like to see a grow box that small.

13. im extremley intrested what kinda ferts do you use?

i dont wanna order crap off the net i got 200 fully mature seeds to use from some good home grown buds [gotta love havin an area completey chock full of cool growers], im ready to grow

14. I'm not quite finished with this small, but tedious project.

I need to:

1. paint the flowering chamber walls white or mylar them.

2. seal the doors so light doesn't pass between the chambers

3. Add another compact floro to the vegging chamber (left side)

4. Attach a carbon filter and light-duct to the output fans.

Anyone have any thoughts??

Cabvscrog

Attached Files:

15. Those are tomatoes in the hydrosetup. They are good test plants in my opinion.

16. Man that is one small box, but i bet you can get some pretty good size tomatoes from that.... Gl with the grow.... awesome idea.

17. Good luck Bro....

18. what if she has8 weeks of flower?

19. Adjust the time acordingly for each strain .....That time table is for my girls.....remember this is a weed we are growing here....each strain is a lil' different :D

20. where can i get fish emulsion