Welcome to Grasscity Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

butane torch lighters vs bic lighters?

• Please log in to reply

tokeiteasy

tokeiteasy

• Registered Upgraded
  • 356 posts
I was noticing the other night when i was smoking that only a few people i smoke with, (including me sometimes) use torch lighters. IMO they light the weed much faster and better so it stays cherried in the bowl. It also seems to light more evenly so it hits smoother. But using a bic will get you basically the same thing, it just takes a few lights to keep it sherried that good, and the bud wont light quite as fast. What do yall use? And what are your thoughts on this, pros. and cons?

onehitcasher

onehitcasher

\_⌠\-\G┬ ☼ |/\/е$┬R¥

• Registered Upgraded
  • 194 posts
I don't like the taste of the butane lighters so I just stick with the generic bic ones. They get the job done just fine. I'd imagine the butane ones not only burn the bud faster, but also make it hotter, so the hits may be more harsh. bic all the way!

skittles

skittles

Good to be alive and free

• Old School
  • 4,231 posts
All lighters are butane.

Torch lighters are good when you know how to use them, bics are cheap and disposable.. both are good

graywulf

graywulf

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
people have told be torch lighters are bad for the lungs? :confused:

metalhd702

metalhd702

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
The question is NOT which is better, its which can you use right.

People that use a torch lighter the same way as a bic shouldn't be using a torch lighter, but if you know how to use one RIGHT then it would be personal preference.

djnecro

djnecro

• Registered Upgraded
  • 418 posts

The question is NOT which is better, its which can you use right.

People that use a torch lighter the same way as a bic shouldn't be using a torch lighter, but if you know how to use one RIGHT then it would be personal preference.

Care to enlighten us with this so-called "Right" method? :D

I use a Hakko! :) so much chaper than a phedor and NO taste (well, lots of taste, but only the good stuff!) :D :smoke: :D

The Riddler

The Riddler

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

I use a Hakko! :) so much chaper than a phedor and NO taste (well, lots of taste, but only the good stuff!) :D :smoke: :D

Hell yeah, I was reading a thread about those, where did you purchase it? I wanted to buy one before I went home for the summer, they seemed to make a much smoother bud hit.

Budder81

Budder81

OddBall

• Old School
  • 3,363 posts
I also use a torch lighter from time to time. They work much better than bics, just don't hold the lighter too close, or your bud just incinerates. Bics are good because they work all the time and doesn't have to be re-fueled.

shagra

shagra

flux chuckin' mountain mo

• Old School
  • 1,613 posts
torches are good if you flash them at the top of the bowl, not really flaming all the weed, but getting a good cherry going from the get-go.

Knox

Knox

Bold As Love

• Old School
  • 1,562 posts

With a bic you have to literally touch the flame to the nug, but with a torch you have to hold it further away or else you will cash your bowl instantly.

camel

camel

Metal Head

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
I like the torch lighters better, because like you said they burn the bud better and quicker. But you do get the taste of lighter fluid sometimes. If I have a torch around I'll use it, but I have no problems with bics.

KiZash

KiZash

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
in uni the torch is golden when smoking outside was the only place to go haha. need one to smoke anything but a joint.

Sir Smoke A Lot

Sir Smoke A Lot

• Registered Upgraded
  • 786 posts
well i cant walk around at night with a torch in my pocket...so i gotta have a bic but it dont matter if im at the crib..its all just a flame to me

rebel I.N.S.

rebel I.N.S.

Wu-Gambino

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
like somebody said, neither is better....i know when ever i buy my bic i take off the safety thing, and when people see that they are like "do u smoke bud?"

WillyWonka420

WillyWonka420

Abbazabba,u my only frend

• Registered Upgraded
  • 168 posts
whats a hakko?

emagdnim13

emagdnim13

Glass Enthusiast

• Old School
  • 5,435 posts
this is a hakko.

it's a soldering iron, but if you take off the metal sleeve, there is a ceramic element under it which you can use to ignite your buds without having to tasty nasty butane.

<embed width="430" height="389" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://vid66.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid66.photobucket.com/albums/h275/emagdnim13/M2U00318.flv"></embed>

KIDDbrown

KIDDbrown

Bermy Boi

• Registered Upgraded
  • 154 posts

like somebody said, neither is better....i know when ever i buy my bic i take off the safety thing, and when people see that they are like "do u smoke bud?"

haha same here too, its either they can tell by the missing child safety or resin marks on the bottom from snuffing the bowl

emagdnim13

emagdnim13

Glass Enthusiast

• Old School
  • 5,435 posts
i always took the saftey and sticker off immediately after buying it.

all the cig smokers i knew kept the saftey and stickers on.

Phat-Toi

Phat-Toi

Herb'N Legend

• Old School
  • 4,332 posts
Hakko FTW. Until i got mine couple days ago i didnt realize how bomb my bud tastes. If im not fucking with a hakko ill use a bic.

emagdnim13

emagdnim13

Glass Enthusiast

• Old School
  • 5,435 posts
my friend brought over some bud he paid 140/quarter for.

he gave me greens, and that is one of the best tastes i've gotten from just straight bud.

he had a kief hit with that bud underneath and said it was the best thing he's ever tasted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users