Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Disease specific MMJ strain list

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by clinton, Apr 8, 2007.

1. For anti-anxiety I've found that the best strain for me is Cannatonic. It's a high CBD strain that's worked wonders. I used to use Jack Herer on a daily basis, for depression and anxiety, but it effected my sleep even though I was only doing one bowl first thing when I got up every morning. Also, if I felt like I needed to medicate more, it could end up actually giving me anxiety, which is something common in sativas for me. Now I use Cannatonic every morning and it puts me in the best mood and makes me feel wonderful. It really helps with social anxiety, because I've found myself having no issues working with large groups of people or even presenting to them. I used to be a bundle of nerves but this stuff helps me relax and just be myself. Harlequin is another good CBD strain, but I prefer Cannatonic.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. This is amazing to see so much discussion on strain specificity. As a nurse practitioner who has authorized many patients for cannabis, strain selection (at least where it is available) is a very difficult part of the recommendation process. I'll be sure to send patients here. I just finished up aweb site with middle of the road information for new cannabis users.

• Like Like x 1
  3. it is a  very  nice  information  thanks for sharing  it .

4. #624 Gggrows420, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
    Do you recommend anything besides blueberry for nausea? I have many gastrointestinal problems and while some strains like M.o.b do help with the pain and give me a appetite(very rare) it doesn't stop me from throwing up multiple times a day. I hate it.. Any recommendations I would greatly appreciate. Have tried blueberry, orange crush, sour kush, and M.o.b. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Something more sativa based, Durban Poison or Lambs Bread (not sure what's in your area) but sativa works best for nausea. Nausea and pain relief often require different strains (sativa and indica) I used to get nausea a lot, thanks to meds, and indicas never got rid of it, only sativas.

If you can get a sativa dom strain, and just take a small hit when needed for nausea, you should find some relief from your stomach, without detracting from the pain relief you get from the Blueberry, et al.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tyvm

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  7. I suffer from migraine headaches and have found great relief from Original Amnesia. It is a special strain as it is a 90% sativa dominant hybrid that numbs your head from the top row of your teeth to the very top of your head. It is an amazing remedy!

I always used to think that indicas were the pain relievers. I guess it was that saying, "in-da-couch", or "to take a nap".

I don't think I was trying to say they weren't :)  But they don't generally do much for nausea 

10. Placed my reply in a seperate post, cause I just blab, blab blab.  But maybe it's of value.

Bipolar:  Anxiet/depression/adjunct mood stable:  Blue Dream (with cumbustion, most effective, least sommalance)

With the Vape?  Same relief.  Strain does not appear to matter; too much.

11. Wow what a Great Information World Day its very nice informative post. thanks for the post.    Ethylone

I just found this thread, thanks for starting it. I deal with MS and have noticed the same with Sativas but it took me a long time to put two and two together. And Im glad I'm growing Super Silver Haze I deal with a lot of neuropathic pain. Looks like I chose good strains for my first grow.

13. Great List and thank you!

Anyone have luck with treating eczema?
    Don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but when using cherry snowdawg in edibles, eczema went away.  
    However it came back when I switched strains (sour diesel).   

14. #634 Give me wings, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
    I know this is a long shot... But does anyone have any strain specific info for muscle spasms?

I use for pain and digestive issues : any sour d hybrid (sour kush, DNA diesel , sour relief and sour sage) those are what work best for me.

Edit: I was only curious about first hand experience .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. Ok I know this thread is years old, but it still seems to be alive. I have to say that OP was spot on by saying Triple X and Sonoma Coma are good for insomnia. I could not stay awake on those strains at all. I have seen GSC listed as all 3 (sativa, indica and hybrid). I did not see GSC listed on there at all.

16. Thanks OP for this thread! It definitely helped me choose a few new strains to try for medical uses.

Super stoked this was a sticky btw.  :gc_rocks:

17. This may be years old but OP if ur hoppin on GC then thanks so much for sharing. Great info, awesome thread! ;)

18. THANK YOU for all this wonderful information!!! Having problems with my appetite lately even when smoking, so I'm super interested in trying Catalyst now. I haven't had a chance to go through the whole thread yet but this will be a huge helper! I can't wait to clip this to my personal herb notes :)

19. #639 jsalmons77, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
    This is a good list but what we need to remember that no one strain fits with just one ailment either. they can all help, it is the cannbinoids THC and CBD content that matters. It is the type of marijuana as well. Many choose to not even label their oil with what strains they use because they understand it is the content that matters. 

20. I don't know if you guys are aware, but the dudes over at iBudtender are doing exactly what you're putting together here. I came across them at HempCon San Jose a couple months back and they've kind of taken it a step further than, say, Leafly. They are actually formulating your needs and preferences via your profile and designing it so that they can recommend strains to you based on your needs and ailments. It's one of the better sites I've come across that are popping up with things like reviews and locators, they really just need user input and participation. The unfortunate fact of it is that what works for one may not work for the other, but if you can pinpoint what works for many, you have a good idea of what will work for most.