Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Disease specific MMJ strain list

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by clinton, Apr 8, 2007.

1. I saw a documentary about a woman with severe tourettes who, when she smoked weed, could function better and speak waaaay more fluently.

Mine isn't severe. I have OCD/tic disorder (meaning I get chronic but not severe tics-- twitches, throat clenching/clearing, blinking, small noises, etc.) on top of odd urges (wanting to break things and having to leave a room with said things to avoid doing it, for example). That last part is only a tiny part of my ocd-anxiety, but I don't feel like typing out/having to re-explain it all. 

My point is: I had been prescribed pills for this a few years ago and they gave me bad heartburn and didn't do much of anything for me. 

Smoking already calms me and helps me not have terrible, painful tics, but is there a specific strain that sounds like it could help with my situation? 

Sorry if one's already been posted, but.... tl;dr

2. Have you heard of PANS/PANDAS?
    I think it sounds very similar but not sure what it's called in adults. Sorry not weed related but know many people with kids with this so thought I would mention it. Good luck I hope you find the right strain that gives you relief.

3. What would be a good strain for Hidradenitis suppurativa?

My girlfriend has this and its sad seeing her go through this. When she is in alot of pain she ends up smoking because the pills she has to take does not work. Can someone point me in the right direction of what strain i should have her try or oil to make the boils go away..thanks

4. I hear alot about CBD last year, which seems to be the pain reducing element in marijuana. So marijuana strains with higher DBC levels might do the job, White Shark, Doctor Green, Painkiller, Medijuana has high CBD

5. Does anybody know whether sativas or indicas are better for treating Crohn's?

6. neither, I would suggest doing some research on Cannabis Ruderalis, which grows wild in russia and Ukraine ETC,  
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_ruderalis Ruderalis is similar but different than the other 2 cannabis's, Ruderalis is typically low in THC and high in CBD, CBD is the cannabinoid that is most useful.  Ruderalis is autoflowering which means it flowers based on the plants age instead of the light cycle in the case of the indica & sativa.  And for CBD research please <a>see http://mycbdresearch.com/</a>

7. #607 iversonpi, May 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2014
    Thanks a lot, great job!

Could you recommend your favorite strain to sleep? I have now critical mass but I'm not happy in this area (sleep)

Kind regards

Sent from my XT1032 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Personally i am happy to read about the different strains and how they help. I ,like most of you, do understand that we are all different and need to experiment but do appreciate everyones suggestions as i new to medical. Looking for connections in vanouver washington. I have fibro, cfs, migraines, ibs, multiple spinal injuries incl deg. Arthritis n ddd, neck fusion , anxiety and depression, severe muscle spasms , insomnia, diabetes. Needless to say severe pain. Looking for connections in my area for seeds or clones.

Sent from my SCH-R740C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Anyone know which is best for mulitple myeloma?

10. I have type 1 diabetes and have been struggling with high sugar levels and a1c's most my life. I also have bad osteoarthritis in my wrists and in my right foot after injury and surgery to it. I struggle to be on my feet all day and have a lot of pain throughout the whole day. Would there be any strains that would help with them for me?

11. Pretty good I only tripped upon your thread and wanted to say that I have truly loved studying your sticky thread.

12. Please hear my story how cancer wanted to take my mom's life months back, am Anita Gozukara a single mom of 2 sons from new York city, my mom has been battling cancer for the past 8 years and we finally eradicate it with cannabis oil with the help of Rick Simpson Oil who I contacted some months back concerning my mom's cancer, at first I thought it would be scam because of the rumor that has been going on in the state now, until his agent came to our house to deliver the cannabis oil to me and my mom started taking the oil as instructed and now she feel healthy and extra strong, she feel Alive again.My best advice to cancer patient out there is not to give up, trust yourself that you can do it and believe your source. Rick Simpson is a good person, humorous also care about people, he knows what you feels, when you are with him you are save, I almost give up but he gave me word of wisdom and encourage me to take the cannabis oil treatment, now my mom is cured, life is so beautiful when you have people who cares.
    Thank you all for your prayers and support my mom is alive and i appreciate that,i will continue to share this story. 

13. Thanks man.

Lots of great info.

"You got to do what you got to do to succeed in life no matter how difficult it is. Only thing that can stop your success is YOU!"

14. Subed! Because I'm a card holder, in m.a but it sucks duck down here.(XD)
    But the worst part of M.A is they still haven't done anything to setup dispensary's. So I get to grow my
    Own for the time being :D it's a lot of fun and kinda turned into a hobby then a passion.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Amazing list. Do the dispensaries in the US sell them under those names?

16. Only read the first few and last pages of this thread, and a very good one it is. I'll get around to the middle pages eventually and see if I can find what I'm looking for, but in the meantime it can't hurt to just ask can it ?

Hepatitis C has some well documented symptoms that I've been wrestling with for well over half my life, things like fatigue, insomnia, mood swings and anger issues among other things. But I was pressured into treating this virus with Interferon therapy, twice, over 10 years ago - it didn't work ! ....and as a result, I've since had a coupla mild strokes that have left me with peri-ventricular white matter lesions, or demyelination. So I can now add anxiety issues, dodgy fine motor skills, cognitive disorders and executive functioning problems to the mix.

That's the best I can do in differentiating one set of symptoms from a another, but there's bound to be some 'overlap' somewhere.My question then, is that these varied symptoms cannot all be covered by one strain [ can they ? ] as some are contra-indicative. Hybrids sound like an answer, but I'm not sure ? Consuming a different strains for different complaints at different times of day sounds more effective to me [ and labor intensive ! ].

The only thing I'm sure of is that the insomnia, anxiety and anger issues get real bad if I don't smoke - so I KNOW that it works. I'm trying to cut out the unscrupulous dealer out of the equation and grow the stuff myself, but I guess the next step for me is to make sure I'm growing the best strain / flavor for my particular problems.

Anybody got any suggestions ?

17. This will be vague.

Does anyone know where I should start in regards to putting together my own thesis type thing? I think I've perhaps come across new medicinal properties in cannabis but i feel there's little use just keeping this knowledge to myself.

Cannabis seems to radically help my dyspraxia (generally, dyspraxia is the condition of having awful motor-neuron skills. in theory these skills should get worse when you're high, under normal conditions, but I seem to get a reverse affect which drastically increases my ability to just use my hands, aim, etc.)

18. I guess that this is just a hazy subject, for now at least.

That is an interesting contribution to this discussion KL. Do you always get the same positive result when you indulge ? Or do you find that some strains work better than others ? Could better fine motor skills have anything to do with reducing some kinda latent anxiety ? These things are vague by definition aren't they.

Sounds like we're all convinced of MJ's efficacy, so I suppose that the next natural step would be to explore the specifics of cannabis in an effort to maximize it's beneficial effect. The law is still not entirely on our side yet, which is why it all seems 'vague' or 'hazy', but things are changing aren't they - In the meantime all we can do is experiment and compare notes.

Yeah Kinda Leafy - conventional wisdom would assume that the righteous herb would worsen your complaint, not alleviate it ..... ? Which doesn't say much for conventional wisdom in my book. Too much 'woolly thinking' these days, and not enough of the blue sky variety.

19. #619 Galaxy420, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
    thc is a neuron protector so it makes since. oh, there is a Government patent proving my point of thc as a neuro protectant.

20. what's up I'm new to blogging, only used mmj a few times, and never grew mmj. I'm here because I'm looking for a high cbd low thc strain like Charlotte's Web, Harlequin ect. I'm a Schizophrenic with mild anxiety and I've experienced auditory hallucinations  in the past. I'm currently taking zoloft, haldol, and clonazepam but I still have signs of social anxiety and (depression due to meds), and other psychotic symptoms. I have done a lot research on mdma and now cbd, my doc says mdma is not a good route so wanna talk to her about cbd benefits. Can someone provide me with some personal experimental info. I'm a 28yr veteran that still stays with his grandmother because I can't make it on my own, I really need help to move on with my life and get off these meds because of their life draining side effects. Also I know this is alot to ask but I really need someone to grow for me and ship to me because i'm in South Carolina and I live with a grand parent as I said before. Thanks in advance for any and all replies.